Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I just moved to AZ and holy poo poo yeah the golf courses are ridiculous. If you want one here it should be all fake grass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Star Man posted:

Obama would have ordered Five Guys, Chipotle, Jersey Mike's, etc.

He's a Chicago man, there woulda been the deepest of dish pizza and some dogs with all the toppings (no ketchup).

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Blind Pineapple posted:

There is no doubt that any jury trial involving white man shooting a black kid has potential to go badly, but I think even castle doctrine laws require the victim to actually be attempting to enter a residence. If walking on to a porch and/or ringing a doorbell counts, that's free license to shoot any salesperson or package delivery person in the state. Not that there aren't law-makers in Missouri who would undoubtedly see that as a positive.

Trayvon Martin was confronting a person following him in a public area.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Shooting Blanks posted:

Isn't banking (or lack thereof) one of the major challenges for any marijuana-related enterprise? Maybe it's been resolved by intrastate banks but I seem to remember a bunch of articles about how it was effectively a cash business since major banks wouldn't touch anyone involved due to federal regulations, and fear of scrutiny from the FDIC (or other banking regulators).

Every dispensary has an ATM because you can't pay with cards.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dems deciding not to run against the sitting president on his reelection is probably for the best. Hopefully we get some new blood in for 2028. Like, a spry 65 year old.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

VideoGameVet posted:

It should be noted that then Senator George McGovern, try to do something about the poor nutritional quality of food promoted to the general public, the agriculture interest stepped all over it, and nixed his attempt to fix the problem.

I wrote an open letter to Bill Maher about his “Covid and Obesity” rant (mind you I’m a former morbidly obese person who has kept that weight off for close to 30 years) and covered this.

https://medium.com/weight-loss-truths/covid-and-obesity-an-open-letter-to-bill-maher-2bbf72df8102

When Michelle Obama wanted school kids to have more nutritious lunches a bunch of angry parents yelled "but my little MaKaitlynn only eats chicken nuggets!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Cops can't stand in front of a car and shoot at the driver, missing every shot and then doing a sick rear end roll over the hood when the car is just about to hit them? This is the future liberals want.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

haveblue posted:

Yes. Every time they crack down on undocumenteds in agricultural areas, the farm owners get badly hurt because no citizen wants to work under those conditions and that pay

They don't care if it hurts them as long as racism wins.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

DarkCrawler posted:

Yes and if he does not win God taught him a lesson in humility. Aren't God's lessons beautiful?

Reminds me of an older SNL skit where they're interviewing some sports guys after a game and they're both praising Jesus. Except the loser keeps saying things like "yeah Jesus really dropped the ball on that one".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Her husband found another 16 year old he liked more.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Agents are GO! posted:

I don't want to reopen old discussions, and I might just be missing sarcasm here, but Hillary Clinton won the popular vote¹, and AOC is way more charismatic than Hillary Clinton.

¹autocorrect almost made this "the popular vore". :catstare:

People underplay Hillary a lot for some reason. She has won Gallup's most admired woman poll 22 times. The next highest is Eleanor Roosevelt with 13. For men the highest is Obama and Eisenhower with 12.

She has this weird thing when she's actually doing her job, people like her. They just don't want her to campaign.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Look, I like to swim naked and these people won't stop watching me.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Willa Rogers posted:

Ok.... and?

Are you forbidding discussion of her or setting parameters for talking about her? If it's the latter, then please set forth the boundaries a little more clearly. Thanks.

eta: I ask this so that there are clear guidelines that go beyond the old mod chestnut of "let's not do this anymore" in which "do this" isn't actually defined and "let's" is selectively applied.

I think it's more "she can be a Russian asset now and also have been assaulted then, but her leaving for Russia is the actual current event".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I moved to Arizona this year specifically to vote against Sinema.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Did you get the pizza?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The first time I really saw Cornell West do anything was on an episode of Real Time when him and some British or Australian dude become best friends instantly and were just dumpstering the rest of the panel.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Golf is cool you can go to a public course and for 25 bucks or so you can drunkenly fly around dangerous corners in a golf cart.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Men are on average stronger than women but I am on average weaker than every woman so it really throws off the curve.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Old Surly posted:

Born and raised in Phoenix, this summer has broken me pretty bad. Was up at 530am Monday and the temp was already 90.

Hey, it's supposed to be 105 on Tuesday. I want to die!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

BiggerBoat posted:

I think you left out fundies and Evangelical Christians, which goes back to the 70's and (later) Reagan really catering to and embracing theological fundamentalists

No they included racism.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Serial killers were just replaced with mass killers.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mendrian posted:

Sometimes I try to imagine how a no-gifting law would be implemented and enforced in the US and while it sounds nice it feels like it would be impossible.

I mean, you can set gifting limits. Pretty much every business has rules about accepting gifts over a certain amount. I can't accept anything over $50, why can someone in the Supreme Court?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sir Lemming posted:

I don't think any non-Trump Republicans ever expected to beat him. They just needed to exist as a backup plan. It was a gamble that could've possibly paid off if they could automatically inherit all that MAGA cult appeal. (Perhaps even longer than 2 terms, who knows?) Fortunately with Trump still around, I think we're finding that the only other option is a total burnout.

The problem is that running against Trump is, to him, a personal attack. So you're going to become an enemy to his rabid base.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Kaal posted:

I knew an Asa in high school - he was a bit of a dick and the rumor was that one time in Outdoor School (weeklong field trip) he got locked into a porta-potty and rolled down a hill. I looked him up and it seems like he's spent the last decade or so smoking meth and he's currently on the run from the police for the second time.

I missed "an" and thought you were talking about the Arkansas governor and thought "yeah, seems right."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jersey Mike's is going to be led to eventual victory, inspired by Danny DeVito.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Turn all malls into indoor gyms and recreation areas for teens. Basically what they are now but less selling.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Uglycat posted:

Captain America is not real.

Captain America is very real I saw him on a video game.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That guy literally got his balls cut off by a gun and then went on to talk about his good guns were.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I hope he holds on long enough for me to learn to Salsa dance.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like when Mitch does the pause it makes me think he's doing a cool robot dance.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Sep 1, 2023

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Judgy Fucker posted:

Bart Ehrman is a scholar who has written several books with the intention of being more digestible to mass audiences. Misquoting Jesus is probably his most well-known.

Oh poo poo I haven't done the Bart Ehrman since the 90s.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All I know is if I'm suffering with lovely dry burgers and someone comes along and says "my dude, you ever try a fuckin CHEESEburger? God says it's ok now", I'm following Him to the ends of the Earth.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
She really missed her timing. In 10 years when the Republican party splits into the Conservative Big Business Party and the Racist Meme Party she would have done gangbusters in the latter.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Romney was the only Republican to vote for Trump's removal. He probably sees how things are going and rightfully wants off the insanity train same as Boehner.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think the problem is that his previous ventures have had controls over them. Make cars? There are standards you have to meet in order to sell them. Make rockets? You better believe there are standards you have to meet before you think about launching. Make tweets? No standards. Do what you want.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Don't allow corporations to rent out homes. If some dude wants to buy 3 houses and rent em let him be liable for lawsuits without hiding behind an LLC.

Also I like to sometimes smoke weed and sometimes I don't.

I hope this has added to the conversation.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

zoux posted:

The part I cared about was "legalized weed"

This is why I voted for Goku.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Please, please, just let perfect be the enemy of good this one time.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Harold Fjord posted:

An hour ago none of you had heard anything about this but now the elected official with a d was definitely in the right. No complaining allowed. Local activists are basically tabloids

Look, I didn't expect you to actually look into this. Just be outraged along with me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So is Feinstein finally going to step down or what?