Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4akNo0HhHHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

If you only watch one YouTube link from this thread

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
never walk slowly into steven seagal or limply try to grab him

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
someone post the gif of him shooting a bunch of children

e: ...its a lot funnier than it sounds lol

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

January 6 Survivor posted:

tbqh the worst aspect of being a tankie is having to pretend that Steven Seagal is good or cool everyday I get new emails with my directives from the kremlin and it's like normal stuff like pretend the holodomor didn't happen or that NATO isn't great and like ok sure, that's easy enough to post about online but there must be one guy working there who's always asking us to post positive things about Seagal online and at this point I just don't know if I got it in me man

maybe I should ask to be moved to the "shill for Xi Jinping" division?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Dongicus posted:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

stop pretending to be dumb

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I did aikido with Steven Segal once, ama

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Actually, don't, it's late and I'm probably going to bed soon

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

The hotter, the wetter, the better

nikosoft posted:

I did aikido with Steven Segal once, ama

how badly did he kick your rear end?

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice

lumpentroll posted:

how badly did he kuck your rear end?

He threw me during a demonstration and I did a shoulder roll out of it, so I guess pretty bad? I didn't win, at least

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

College Slice
Also, that's my only interaction, I got thrown once and did a roll. So I guess the ama is over now, sorry.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

hes got swag

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
seagal claiming he's immune to chokeholds and letting a stuntman try one on him before immediately passing out and making GBS threads himself on set is my favorite seagal story

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I love seagal and all his movies. The Perfect Weapon has one of the greatest endings in cinematic history.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

going to watch the under siege films today

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

If you like dumb 90s action movies his first few are legitimately fun and good for what they are. Good fights and action for the time. The turning point is The Glimmer Man, as that's when they let him have too much power and it made filming horrendous.

After that it's a steady decline into the modern Seagal where he makes asinine movies in eastern Europe to help launder money for organized crime.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

seagal claiming he's immune to chokeholds and letting a stuntman try one on him before immediately passing out and making GBS threads himself on set is my favorite seagal story

pretty sure that was judo gene lebell

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Proof or ban

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_LeBell#Conflict_with_Steven_Seagal posted:

While serving as stunt coordinator for the film Out for Justice, starring Steven Seagal, Seagal stated that due to his aikido training he was 'immune' to being choked unconscious. It has been alleged that at some point LeBell heard about the claim and gave Seagal the opportunity to prove it. LeBell is said to have placed his arms around Seagal's neck, and once Seagal said "go", proceeded to choke him unconscious, with Seagal losing control of his bowels.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
placeholder

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

January 6 Survivor posted:

tbqh the worst aspect of being a tankie is having to pretend that Steven Seagal is good

People who aren't tankies don't need to pretend

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

bobby fingers is so good

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Let's face it, anyone that makes fun of Seagal is just jealous deep down.

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

LGD posted:

bobby fingers is so good

the newest vid veers into high art

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

guidoanselmi posted:

Let's face it, anyone that makes fun of Seagal is just jealous deep down.

imagine being so feared that even as a bloated washup guys are still diving at your arm waves to make you feel badass

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Animal-Mother posted:

pretty sure that was judo gene lebell
yes, and it's definitely the best seagal story

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

When Steven Seagal was in Memphis (I think he had a kid at St. Jude or something?) my dad, who was an X-ray tech at the time, had to X-ray him.

According to my dad (who likes Steven Seagal, so this was not a negatively biased opinion) Steven Seagal smelled very strongly of BO.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

When Steven Seagal was in Memphis (I think he had a kid at St. Jude or something?) my dad, who was an X-ray tech at the time, had to X-ray him.

According to my dad (who likes Steven Seagal, so this was not a negatively biased opinion) Steven Seagal smelled very strongly of BO.

absolutely the type of dude who doesn't use deodorant except for some kind of weird crystal

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Dongicus posted:

lmfao i just checked the profile and it left out some really funny key context

In the meantime, Seagal wanted more creative control, more substance. He had big ideas for big scripts, such as the one he wrote about AIDS, which was, as he movingly explained to studio executives, hatched by the C.I.A. in order to eradicate blacks and gays. The studio passed.

One day an executive walked into Seagal's trailer and found Hollywood's reigning manly man ... weeping. "Oh, I'm reading this script," Seagal explained, still misty. "It's the most incredible script I've ever read."

"That's fantastic," the executive said. "Who wrote it?"

Seagal didn't miss a beat. "I did," he replied.

https://archive.vanityfair.com/article/2002/10/seagal-under-siege

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

By the time Under Siege 2 went to video, Seagal's box-office appeal had "plateaued." With each misstep, from The Glimmer Man (1996) to Fire Down Below (1997), Seagal became a bigger liability, his waistline increasing, his hairline retreating. When Warner Bros, put him on a strict diet and supplied him with a trainer, they found cookie crumbs on the fitness equipment.

Dongicus posted:

"It's really quite amazing," says producer Damian Lee. "The staff really treats Steven as a guru. When you go over there and you have a meeting with him, you may be sitting there and he will be served plates of fruit and meat. It's almost like obeisance and offerings. They call him Rinpoche. You're over there for a business meeting and you're not offered a cup of tea or a glass of water and you've been waiting and waiting. Rinpoche comes and he's served this and he's served that. You won't be served anything."

Dongicus posted:

While barnstorming Hollywood in support of 1988's Above the Law, Seagal regaled journalists (and pretty much anyone who would listen) with dark allusions to his years in Japan working with, among others, the Central Intelligence Agency. "They saw my abilities, both with martial arts and with the language," he told the Los Angeles Times. "You could say that I became an adviser to several CIA agents in the field and, through my friends in the CIA, met many powerful people and did special works and special favors."

Dongicus posted:

Celebrities face nuisance suits all the time, often from no-account parasites grubbing for a quickie settlement. Seagal seems to respond to accusations with his own accusations followed by shadowy recriminations against the accusers, be they private individuals or professional journalists, whom Seagal routinely calls "scumbags" and "cocksuckers." Often, Seagal's wrath comes courtesy of his attorney Martin Singer, who once took the tack of suing a journalist before his story was even written. In 1993 a reporter who contributed to this article, John Connolly, began investigating Seagal for Spy magazine. Singer filed slander and libel suits against Connolly, alleging that he had falsely stated that Seagal associated with murderers and members of organized crime and had solicited murder.

After Connolly's article was published, the suits were withdrawn. The story contained bombshell allegations ? by former Seagal associates, including , an ex-C.I.A. operative named Robert Strickland, who'd collaborated with Seagal on an aborted film project. In 1990, Strickland said, Seagal had opened an attache case filled with $50,000 and asked him to kill a former friend and colleague of Seagal's. The article also quoted a "toplevel security consultant" who claimed that in 1991 Seagal had asked him what it would take to "whack" a certain man from Chicago. Shortly thereafter Seagal denied the charge and questioned Strickland's sanity. (Note; V.F.'s editor, Graydon Carter, was a co-founder of Spy, and I was one of its writers, but neither of us worked there in 1993.)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

appreciate that seagall keeps a turd loaded at all times

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzIHyF7UWY4

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

no podcast poo poo in here

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003