Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Houle posted:

It's a handy timer for when you can go ore hunting again.

The giant Mineru mechs default arms are the best ore hammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I read a lot of comments in different places saying the key to the depths is to build a hoverbike but I didn't really find it to be the game changer that it's made out to be. I also saw a comment somewhere from someone who said you could explore the depths for five hours and max out your battery and I think that was also a pretty big exaggeration.

I had a miserable time with a hoverbike in the depths. I kept flying into sides of mountains etc cos its pitch black. Terrible advice.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

codo27 posted:

Its funny, I play Dark Souls, slog through the many poisonous swamps, no big deal. But traversing the various extreme element regions in BotW feels like such a chore. I guess because the elixirs are harder to come by. I've revealed the whole map now and taken down 2 beasts, with the desert and death mountain left to go. Surely theres a way into Gerudo town without paying 600 bones to drag my way in? (I want to find out on my own) I'm just here trying to save your loving village, let me the gently caress in. Kinda fearful for what lies further out in the desert where I can see a dragon skeleton.

I found another Lynel in the snowy region, boy does that motherfucker pack a punch. I'm guessing I cant cheese the master sword trial by using an extra hearts buff? I'm up to 14 now, not sure how far I have to go. Really too bad they fumbled the weapon durability mechanic and there isn't more enemy variety. Its still a great game but could have been that much better.

For whats its worth, the elixirs are only hard to make because you havent been to those areas yet. You can find plenty of materials to make more elixirs once you get there.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

maltesh posted:

In the Depths are Shadow Soldiers atop carns, which hold pristine weapons, with higher durability than the weapons you find on the surface, and greater damage. They twinkle when you find them, and have star icons in the weapon nenu

Normally, they contain base-type weapons; traveller or soldier gear. But if you take the weapon out of the ghostly hands, there's a chance that the next blood moon, a different type of pristine weapon of the same class (One hander, two hander, or spear) will appear instead, based on the location. (Pristine Zora weapons under Zoras Domain, for example). This can be savescummed, I believe the weapon is chosen when the location loads?

So if you want to fill out your Compendium manually (or just have a better class of base weapon for fusion ) every time you see one of those caerns, ultra hand the trash weapon away, and mark the caerns on your map if you're hunting a specific weapon.

I don't think the above is explained to the player anywhere in the game, unfortunately.

It definitely is not explained. Theyre weapons unaffected by the blight so have higher attack and durability.

In the depths below each of Zeldas monuments to the calamity are larger pillars with 3 ghosts/shadow soldiers (instead of the usual 1). Recommend marking them on your map cos picking up 3 pristine weapons rules

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

This is dope.

I made too many stupid statues of Bokoblins, is there a way to get rid of these and make room for others?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

You do get the ability to remove them eventually.

How? I've finished the game I thought. I finished his quest and beat the story.

Edit: you put them back on the pedestal and talk to Hudson. I see I see.

Veg fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Mar 21, 2024

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I am and I guess by never finishing the trial of the sword showed my misunderstanding of it's results (goddamned Lizalfos level! :argh: )

For what its worth, that room is the hardest in all the Trials (excluding master mode).

Just find and save a couple of Ancient Arrows for the end. :clint:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

codo27 posted:

I've read posts about the caves and sky islands in Tears, how close is the main overworld to how its presented in BotW?

I had 200+ hours in BOTW. I was very familiar with Hyrule.

I am about 150 hours in TOTK. I feel like Gandalf when he says he has no memory of this place.

The same geographical layout but the landscapes and landmarks are changed significantly. Gerudo region especially is improved.

Veg fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 26, 2024

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Asterite34 posted:

Also the Sun is now in the southern half of the sky instead of the north, so everything is being lit from the opposite angle, it's loving uncanny

Oh my god. Lightbulb moment.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Ravenson posted:

Yeah sadly I think the only really fun TotK shrines are the Eventide Island rip-offs. I'm having a hard time thinking of any others that were particular stand-outs, except for the flowing sand one that is honestly way too big. And maybe that even was a no items one.

The rails shrine, and the driving over lava shrines are the standouts from my playthrough.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Docjowles posted:

Yeah you get the rupee armor like 1/4 of the way to collecting all the frogs. I don’t think there’s a further reward besides completionism

You get a paraglider fabric that glows like that armour for finding all frogs.

My fiance did it without a guide and I dunno man she might be autistic

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I stumbled upon the 3 Fires test on the sky island and got the Zonai fabric for the paraglider. Is it just me or does it seem to actually make the paraglider slightly faster?

Just you.

How did you clear that? I stuck a flame emitter on the bottom of the hoverbike (it was a prick to keep the bike standing to get on it) and flew around the torches.

It was only after that I realised the intended method is to use the Zora armour

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Docjowles posted:

My favorite labyrinth thing was right after completing the Hebra one, gloom hands come whipping around a corner. That was my first time encountering them and the jump scare got me good lol.

My first experience was seeing them going INTO that Labyrinth. I assumed they were exclusive to those mazes until "gently caress me theyre here too?!" :sludgepal:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

codo27 posted:

I found BotW was chock full of content without feeling too exhaustive right until near the end, and the castle being a wet fart kinda compounded that downturn and left me, not with a sour taste in my mouth but not on the same high I felt playing the rest of the game.

I'm not sure if I can play Tears now. I decided to start a Dark Souls 3 game yesterday and boy did the (more natural, superior) controls take a while to get used to again after Nintendo's dumbery. I know Nintendo has literally never gotten a controller anywhere close to right, but we borrowed Mario Wonder from my brother and I was giving that a try as well and the analog stick being right under the face buttons...lunacy.

What are you on about, the Switch Pro controller was the best controller released until the PS5.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Making your way through the initial chambers like you’re fuckin Indiana Jones was easily one of the coolest parts of the game

Actually, now that I think about it, the approach to the temple was cooler than the actual temple for all but maybe the Fire Temple

I really loved the ending of the Gerudo coordinates quest. Finding this old rear end tomb and walking through it with a torch was dope to the highest degree

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I might do that one next. "It's a sealquence."

I also discovered those two stone structures with ramps on them nearby Gerudo town that have a blocked room you can see from the outside that has a chest and the Zonai hand reader thing. I putzed around with them for a while but couldn't figure out a way in. I figure that might related but it's going to bug me for a while until I figure out a way in to get the treasure which is probably something lame like "Desert Hat" and "Desert Socks" that are 1 armor and give you Sand Proficiency.

I remember those, dont over-think it.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I take it by Link's decision to do the banana quest rather than just murder the blademaster and go through his secret door that he actually prefers to be a Yiga. I guess it's fitting. Hylians are assholes. If Ganon offers me the choice of joining him like at the end of Dragon Quest I think I'll say yes. If you think about it, Ganon really did nothing wrong.

link decided to steal 900 korok poops before saving zelda idk mans priorities

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

Trying to find that lost god drat shrine. I have all 32 sky islands and I've found every lightroot and I still can't pinpoint it. They say the shrine icons are a different color if you haven't completed it, but nothing. This is going to drive me crazy.

Post some screenshots of your maps here? We can help or atleast pretend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

I would like a TOTK version of Creating A Champion. It was a great making of book.