Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MorningMoon posted:

Copies of TotK have been streetbroken five years ago

https://twitter.com/nokokgya/status/1063691008100061184

lmao, god the insane poo poo we're gonna be see in totk :eyepop:

edit: just realized, maybe already mentioned but the minimap in totk has xyz numbers on it thats not there in botw... wonder if thats just a dev build thing or there to help pin point things better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The map being reused is the big reason why this game can be so good - all the fiddly interstitial stuff is done already for most of the worldscape, and they can focus on the new content for the sequel.

lots of comparisons are starting to show up on yt and its clear that they changed a whole of the map anyways, not just big areas.

really hope the underworld is what i think its gonna be tho... considering the sky has its own map too :pray:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Suburban Dad posted:

I'm excited but still not pre-BOTW excited. I remember when this trailer dropped in 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
...and I immediately preordered a switch and the game right after watching it. I really hope they release a trailer with this level of hype to it and show a bit more about the world and story.

really great trailer, i use to calibrate new screens alot lol.

i'd like to think we're getting one but if we dont get one in the next few weeks i cant see it happening.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

a.lo posted:

there’s not going to be any dungeons if you can just swim through the ceilings sigh

They said it has limitations. Like only things with a roof in a standard cave that has a hill above it Remember they didnt let you climb walls in shrines. Theres strong evidence of dungeons.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

getting hot and bothered thinking about all the new korok puzzles using all this ultrahandfuse bullshit

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

when link is falling in sky in the demo, the ascend icon is greyed out but soon as he hits and goes under the water, the icon is green again but when he surfaces it goes gray... could it be... COULD IT BE

proper underwater exploration and you use the ascend to get back to the surface quickly?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

there were introduced in BotW, and even then only via item descriptions and area names. We "know" them from their ruins, which are vaguely Mayan in design

Especially talented lore lords spotted things associated with Zonai in the earliest trailers. Otherwise they are a total mystery, other than perhaps being linked to the events of 10,000 years ago given that their ruins are older than the Hylian ones

but 10000 years ago is still after OoT/tp/lttp/loz right? lol.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

tsob posted:

Toad or the Mushroom people in general should be characters in one of the next Zelda titles, to really gently caress with canon obsessed people. Mario is now part of Hyrule, have fun figuring that out, nerds! :twisted:

Well... zelda on the gameboy...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Also the reason why link has a mullet is because hes now the reincarnation of MacGyver.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

tsob posted:

Speaking of, I just finished watching the latest Zeltik video and he pointed out that the peaceful "Construct Rangers" (a) seem to be sweeping and doing chores, and (b) the "Talk" option appears for a second when Link disembarks from his raft near one before moving away. So you can probably talk to them. What do those little fuckers want? Are they an entire new set of NPCs with weird quests? Or will they all just have a couple of repeating lines of dialogue; kind of like the Yiga clan assassins who ambush you occasionally in Breath of the Wild? poo poo, even if that's all they are, it still implies there'll be some other constructs with a larger presence that they're foreshadowing.

some of them seem to be near cooking pots so i wonder if they are a shop for quick ingredients or something while up in the sky.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You only needed like ~400 Korok seeds to get all the upgrades, they put 900 in the world so that you could reasonably get all the upgrades through regular exploration. That’s why they give you a literal piece of poop for getting them all, because they didn’t expect anyone to meticulously find every one. It was smart.

I got every Korok seed but not until after I got the motorcycle which made it super quick.

i'm wondering if they will let you import the botw save, or read at least so they know you got 900 or something and let you put it on a arrow or some such poo poo. theres gotta be some connection to the save file.

this is uncle at nintendo type of leak but it seems somewhat accurate but its 50/50 at the min (this is about clothes only) but apparently all the botw clothing items are in totk (some of it in the artbook like that early red armour) including all the dlc/amiibo stuff and i wonder if theres some kind of save reading feature for that, that either gives you all the items you had at the start or puts in links house or theyll have you start completely fresh and you find everything again..? gotta be something... gotta be!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Procrastine posted:

iirc in Japan "10,000 years ago" is an expression for "a long-rear end time ago" and not meant to be taken literally

yeah but im uhh talking about hyrule, actually and 10,000 years ago is after oot/tp/lttp, i mean, the zonai had advance tech we can see from the gameplay demo at least, and those murals were zonai in botw. gotta be after oot/tp/lttp that culture rose to high tech power, accessed the sky areas clearly the sacred realm, comeon! look at that old rear end zelda artwork with the bloodmoon and the sky islands :eyepop:

i was asking because i couldnt remember but im wondering if zonai were pre skyward sword now... or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

In the demo when he goes back to the surface, you can see a giant floating cube. I hope that's a mega labyrinth. Those were neat.

Also, give Link a triple jump!

You see them in earlier trailers and people have pinpointed the locations and it seems like, at least one of them is one of the labyrinths from botw, like the same one lifted up in the sky, might be able to explore more of it now

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

The two labyrinths were some of the weirdest but coolest things to stumble across in BotW, so I'll be very interested to see if or how those have changed in Tears based on the background info we have.

You mean three right. Load that save back up!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

Let me tell you about a little game series called Yakuza/Like A Dragon and how there's a whole thread in these very subforums that know their way through Kabukicho in Japan IRL.

:hmmyes: i close my eyes and see those towns...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Hey, you know what game didn't reuse a map? Zelda 2.

It does :actually:, the lower part of the zelda 2 map is the zelda 1 area, which was just the surrounding death mountain area

Edit: i should read more posts before replying

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Peachy Nietzsche posted:

My unsubstantiated theory is that Link and Zelda get merged during that big cutscene under Hyrule castle.

Get fused together. Makes sense actually, going by that cutscene trailer. Zelda will be in your head tho, nothing more. Nintendo gets its cake and its eats it. Riots outside nintendo new york

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

MorningMoon posted:

Final Fantasy and Zelda showing off trailers at the same day while Resident Evil 4 is the current contender for GOTY. What a time to be alive

:hmmyes:

Tho... goty re4 isnt gonna happen... in the glorious year of rpgs made in japan...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Last boss will be obviously full man sized vaati wearing majoras mask and he'll be cel shaded

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Trailer is owns. That loving cavern i knew it, underground is real :eyepop: made me squell like ive never done beforeniggfh lets gooo

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Seems like Zelda got pulled into possibly the Sacred Realm? And Link needs to find a way to get into it as well.

Pretty sire the sky islands are the scared realm, that old manual artbook after all... then again could just be part of it proper

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hakkesshu posted:

Not sure what's going on in this scene, but I'm assuming this is Zelda meeting Dorf at some point. Maybe in a flashback?

The emblem and robe look somewhat familiar.....!

Its not dorf.

(These are actual spoilers but its easy to piece it together from the trailer)its the character whos face we see upclose. The lizard looking one. Its the one whos hand is holding corpse dorf in the first trailer. Presumably its their hand on links holding back the mallice.

This is big art book stuff
I know the characters name from the art book and its an oot character name and its :eyepop: and even more so given the design links back to some botw "characters"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Not just that but a lot of design, the way the hair looks, like liked the dragons from botw. Some hardcore nerds also linked it to rabbits or something but i forget how not important. Link is a rabbit.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Augus posted:

okay yeah she’s definitely in the past

Youre telling me theres some kind of link to the past?

a lot of theorys are pointing to it tbh with different looking areas in the same locations in trailers. Could be oot/lw/dw type stuff but you play as zelda in the past sending stuff to the futuelre for link to get access to

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

tv spot, i think its unfinished but shows some more gameplay stuff and lighting in an underground cave

https://streamable.com/hi7qlc

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

ground

sky

underground

3 levels of map, going deep. about as deep as the sky is high :eyepop:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

whatever video you're watching got taken down because copyright

figures, tv spot show 1 and 2 stuff that wasnt in the trailer with people playing across the different switch setups it like a typical switch advert. the 3rd image is from the underground shot. one shot had link floating toward hyrule castle and underground firing something off the bow to attach to an underground tree to light the place up up and the fight against whatsitsface on the bridge with full hud and health bar and that. other shots were from the new trailer.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hogama posted:

Still up at Reddit.

oh drat didnt see you post it before hand lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Owl you say... 👀

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Wonder why its called legend of zelda, hmm.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

because it sounds cool. There's a huge number of textual connections between games that suggest a chronology well beyond simple retellings. The "it's all a LEGEND" attitude is extremely boring and also just uninformed. Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are mutually exclusive direct sequels to Ocarina of Time. It's how the plots of those games work.

Nah, things were perfectly fine and understood back on the n64 (oot/mm then lttp/la then loz/aol) but lore accurate nutjobs wouldnt shutup and we ended up bad zelda games and 3 dumb timelines that the last game wiped out and now we're back to having good zelda games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Khanstant posted:

If two people want to discuss the Zelda timeline, a third person will show up to tell you how dumb they think that is.

So 3 timelines

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Remember when someone in this thread joked about triangulating Zelda's location based off of the 5 seconds we see of her in the Trailer asking Link to find her
WELL,

lol. Really think its where and not when huh. :smuggo:

Hint, her location there is on the ground with no sky islands where as that location seen with link is in the sky islands and looks older. Theres tons and tons of weird newer looking hyrule locations that look newer than their botw cointer paets too. She ended up in the zonai era i bet and maybe you play as her setting up past stuff for future link to access and talk via the master sword or the recall tear?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 15, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Oh no I really wouldn't be surprised if Zelda got yeeted back and/or forward in time it's just funny how quickly people can figure this poo poo out.

Yeah, one i saw tho suggest it was a new landmass to the south but i guess not lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

She's not on the ground though? You can go to that location in Breath of the Wild and check. Unless they leveled the mountains to the south that obstruct your view of the ocean, she's higher up on that spot than a Rivali's gale will take you.

Shes not as high as that platform is when link is falling pass it, is what i mean. It implies its closer to the ground/on it than its letting on

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hogama posted:

Got a couple more new screenshots because of a photo of the Japanese download card packaging.
Front and back.

The most intriguing being the lower right one.

Starting to wonder if these are actually flashbacks to zonai times. Like you have his hand in link and i bet that get you another set of go to this location for some fmv. Thats gotta be zonai zelda too from the mural with the redhead "link" (could be dorfy, not that firey red version frok the trailer tho, thats clearly like a phase 2 embrace demise type poo poo)

Actually, zelda zonai is in the art book but i cant remember if they drop her name or not

Gonna be really funny if it turns out zonai poo poo is pre-skyward sword and thats hylia

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 15, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Woke up in a cold sweat and realized zelda games that have direct sequels are

AoL > LoZ

LA > alttp

MM > OoT

Hmmmmmm totk... >botw???? (Yes, without even playing it, its obvious)

Playing n64 MM right now and im getting reminded how great it by just nit carbon copying oot other than reusing assets (full priced dlc???) and how insane it is they pulled all this poo poo off in 2000. Im hoping ill get to play through ww, tp and ss before totk drops but lol drowning in video games rn like its 1997-1999 again

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Apr 16, 2023

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Procrastine posted:

Phantom Hourglass is a direct sequel to Wind Waker though

What i played of PH was still better than WW. :colbert:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

Die, heretic.

Only good thing WW has going for it is the artstyle. Bad zelda game otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Nothing but truth from my posts, fry.