Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I can understand people being worried that it’s the botw map again, but that’s literally all I wanted was more botw. The rest of it is icing on the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They did mention in the video that there are ceilings that can’t be swam through

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dear Nintendo,

Please let me fuse a whole rear end bokoblin to the end of a rake and smack other bokoblins with it.

Yours Truly,

James Jocular Testicles III

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I mean, it's not surprising. Everyone in the game wants to gently caress Link and it's not subtle.

Robbie definitely wants to gently caress that oven

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Argue posted:

I'm gonna go to a print shop and print out a high res map of BOTW Hyrule, and only use that map for navigation except for points where the game requires me to use the ingame map. I've been wanting to do this since the game was announced, because I was thinking that 1. being the one to mark changes to the geography from the original would keep the exploration feeling fresh, and 2. orienting myself based on landmarks feels like it might be more fun than just checking my bearing with a map cursor.

Ive done a no fast travel run of botw and it’s amazing how much stuff you miss with fast travel

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I accidentally killed my first horse in botw by running it off a cliff where it took fall damage. I bailed and parasailed away.

I felt horrible

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

After some thought, I'm less worried that TotK will seem like "glorified DLC" for BotW than I am that BotW will look like an early beta test for TotK. Like, it almost seems like TotK is the game they wanted to make but knew it would take a decade so they released the half-finished version with the map and physics system halfway through development.

I wonder how much freedom they gained by not requiring TOTK to also run on the WII-U

Conversely, I wonder who will be the first to attempt back-porting TOTK to the Wii U

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TOTK could be only half as good as BOTW and it would still be a legendary game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Mario World doesn't invalidate Mario Bros 3 doesn't invalidate Mario Bros 1, even though the improvements and throughlines are self evident

I think BotW will hold up just fine

I'm the implication that Mario 3 invalidates Mario 2

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Look, I didnt say they were wrong

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:hmmyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hot Take, OOT isnt really that great. It was at the time, but it doesnt really hold up

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I don't think I would ever play OoT again without the QOL and enhancements from the 3DS version or Ship of Harkinian at the very least

Can you do all the QOL stuff with none of the randomization with Ship of Harkinian?

I'd be willing to try that out

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dammit I came here to post that. I lol-ed a bit when I saw it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

a.lo posted:

I will NOT recruit the bucket helmet guy

MODS BAN THIS CHUCKLEFUCK

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

Not sure what's going on in this scene, but I'm assuming this is Zelda meeting Dorf at some point. Maybe in a flashback?

The emblem and robe look somewhat familiar.....!

I'm digging bob-cut zelda

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

I wonder if Link gets some weird rear end cursed arm powers like he's Ashitaka.

The ending had better be a frame for frame remake of the ending to Akira

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Judge Tesla posted:

If the bike comes back then it's gonna need to be extremely special to stand out now.

I’d argue it could come back in the same form, but it needs to be really easy to get, like “complete a shrine” easy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It also didn’t help that movement was already so good in botw, the bike wasn’t needed.

It was basically a faster horse

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ultrahand Ultrafunkula

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don’t care where Zelda is, where can I find the guy in my av

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hatty posted:

I don’t like fighting alongside AI partners in general so I hope it’s not a large part of TotK

Same here

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My only regret is that I can’t have two AVs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will destroy all of Hyrule with Buckethead and Fedora elf.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Alexa, please alert me the first time you see a tweet with the word "Gannondaddy" in it, and block that person

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spanish Manlove posted:

Mods, rename this poster "Gannondaddy"

:haibrower:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its happening

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please let me fuse everything together and play Hyrule Katamari

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

kidcoelacanth posted:

right now it's the bucket head guy

:huh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Let me fuse a horse to the end of a spear or so help me god……

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The xenoblade crossover in botw was very dumb. BOTW shouldn’t have marketing bs shoved into it for a bad game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Amppelix posted:

Crossovers are good when i like the property and bad when i dislike the property

This guy gets it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Weeeeeeeeelp, I aint watching any of that, I need to go on spoiler lockdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MokBa posted:

I started a new BotW playthough a couple months ago because I knew I'd never want to play it again after TotK. I kind of petered out because I've just played it so much over the years, but last Saturday I finally finished it. I thought maybe it would tire me out from Zelda but frankly it has me even more excited because I'll be so cognizant of the changes.

I feel like in a few years I’ll head back through both games. there is a certain feeling to BOTW that TOTK won’t replicate just by nature of being a different game.