Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We’re likely getting tasked with collecting seven tear shaped objects so I’m hoping that means seven big rear end dungeons. I’ll settle for seven “divine beast sized” dungeons though. Fingers crossed. Popular theory is that we’re looking at the Goddess Hylia here who might finally make an appearance in the game. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rand Brittain posted:

We can ride the dragons up, right? Right?

They’re sure a lot more of them flying around in the background than the first game. Could be!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They need to change that apple icon to meat. I wanna press the meat hotkey.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dictator. posted:

too lazy to click

I’m sure the internet will get flooded with Nazi cars like an hour after the game is released.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gorgolflox posted:

Nintendo spent six years on this game and all they came up with is floating islands, reverse, stick objects together, stick bigger objects together, and swim through ceilings. smh sm mfin h

I, of course, have it preordered

You forgot meat arrows.

GOTY

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Edit: I was wrong

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If there’s one absolutely critical thing that has to return to the game it’s this:

https://i.imgur.com/7l6LhM6.gifv

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Whatever the DLC ends up being, I want the mega awesome reward to be a cool sleek looking fighter craft you can fly around and shoot enemies with and drop bombs from with very little restrictions. Hell just give us a Zonai looking Arwing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Barbarian armor is the only thing we have that tells us what the Zonai might have looked like.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Zelda 1 map was absolutely in Zelda 2.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

I decided to give master mode a go before tears comes out. This is significantly harder than I thought it'd be. Well taking enemies head on is. "Hit da bricks" and "bomb off cliff" strategy got me through most of the plateau. Now I'm just snagging shrines and other things I don't need to fight enemies head on for. Slowly gathering power. Sneak attacks seem to waste monsters all quick like.

I steam-plat'd Elden Ring I can do this, right?!

Not until you can do the Trial of the Sword on Master Mode.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I dunno man, a huge part of the whole experience is new ways to get lost and new poo poo to gawk at, amd nothing we've been shown really seems to suggest that there's a whole new game's worth of new stuff to do so with.

I’ve reported this post to Nintendo and they’re not gonna allow you to buy the game now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m interested to see what’s getting rebuilt. There’s a whole runined town near Hebra tower, be interesting to see if it’s been reclaimed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I like Skyrim and I like Breath of the Wild equally. Checkmate nerds.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

incorporeal posted:

Yeah that's great and all but they showed the whole game in that gameplay demo and 2 trailers so not sure why this person is even bothering to make these videos.

Nobody’s gonna buy this game, it still has weapon durability.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

YggiDee posted:

How hard is Trial of the Sword if I'm only okay at combat, is it like "You can cheese your way through a little, might take a few tries" or is it "don't even bother?"

Read through a room by room guide and give it a shot. The hardest rooms are the early Lizalfos rooms around like 11 or 12 I think. After that it gets easier. The final challenges can be cheeses with ancient arrows if you’re following the guides which point out where to get them.

All that said, yea it’s hard and you will curse if you gently caress it up in late room before the checkpoint.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

We are truly blessed.

I want to play RE4 SO BAD but I can't afford it right now and TOLK is right around the corner. Literally ONE MONTH away!!!!

It’s the current GOTY till Zelda drops.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Still holding out hope for a BOTW-style cinematic trailer

Tomorrow

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

i used the interactive map to finally pin down all the korok seeds and have that accomplishment under my belt before totk.... but i messed up somewhere and i'm missing exactly 1 korok with no idea where it is

guess i'll die

I’d kill myself, holy poo poo.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I just wanna make meat arrows so bad.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Autisanal Cheese posted:

what am I supposed to do for a whole month

I’ve been continuously playing RE4 remake over and over.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The triforce of Ligma.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zeltik’s 60 minute analysis dropped.

https://youtu.be/hRcQRwjVhP0

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lot of good stuff in the Zeltik video. Lots of Skyward Sword references. No Groose though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Antonymous posted:

the zeltik guy calls the gachapon 'pachinko machines'

and says the thing that's clearly a kanji is 'a kanji like character'. it says 'time' 時

“After durability, how can we piss off the haters even more? Let’s add Gacha machines!”

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

There’s also the part where BOTW encourages you to develop your own fighting style - I found pretty quickly that I love archery in the game, so I deprioritized melee weapons and straight-up stopped expanding my shield inventory at four slots in favor of expanding my bow inventory to the point where I can always have like fifteen bows to choose from at any time

So many people ignore shields in this game. They drop all the time and as soon as an enemy smacks them you can counter with lots of damage, even Lynels.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good-Natured Filth posted:

All this hype for TotK had me dust off my copy of BotW and play it last night. According to my save, I hadn't played since Dec 2018. I have all shrines and beat the DLC, so I figured I'd wander around and try to find some more Korok seeds. I started the night with 283 seeds. Looked at my Hero's Path to see areas I hadn't touched and tried to focus there to get more. A couple hours later, and I was at 295 Korok seeds. You'd think the world would just be saturated with Korok puzzles with 900 seeds being out there, but the map really is big enough to spread things out. I'm sure I missed some in areas I explored, too, because it's very easy to overlook things.

Also, I totally forgot how to play the game and was getting wrecked by every enemy I stumbled upon.

Start over from the beginning. I can’t count how many times I’ve done that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Majora fair. Link's Awakening is among the worst, imo, nothing happens, the whole story is "find the eight things" with no development in between. It's a fun game, but it's really just an excuse for neat dungeons, not a compelling story in itself.

:crossarms:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Wonder if there's going to be guardians in TotK or something like em. They're so iconic and not having wandering hell units would be a bit odd

I’m hoping it’s those giant Talus things you have to build mechs to fight.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol, maybe the best secret part of this game not yet revealed is recruiting a squad of knights and getting to play dress up with them. I’ll have a whole team of guys dressed in different colored gerudo outifts like my own team of Sailor Moon scouts.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Is that the guy that wants you to give 50 crickets to a girl in Hateno

Lol I hope you get to recruit sandshoe guy too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hope we get some more S tier enemies to go with Lynels and such. It’s time for the Darknuts to return…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Wizzrobes were in BOTW but they kinda sucked and were annoying.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gettin thirsty for dat Gannondussy.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you’re playing BOTW in hand held mode and come upon a shrine with motion controls, pop the joycons off and put the kickstand up. Makes it 1,000 times easier. The right joycon controls it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They should leave the Champions alone, looks like their successors are the focus.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

Nintendo has decided not to break our minds with buff Yunobo yet.

He been working out with these guys.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Caidin posted:

Speaking of which, Riju is like nearly Sidon sized now, how long was the gap between the games again?

We don’t know but I’m guessing like 3-4 years or so, maybe as high as 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Maroon Hawk posted:

It does seem that with the return of dungeons, legacy mobs like ReDeads & Gleeoks, and good ol’ GanonDaddy, that they’ll be at least attempting a return to form while maintaining the basic open world

I’m hoping for at least some basic linearity again, while maintaining some flexibility in how the game is completed

Something like:

-tutorial area/plot expo
-meet/do poo poo with the three Champions and get their Tears, but in any order
-find/fix the Master sword
-meet/do poo poo with four more sages for their Tears, again in any order
-Final dungeon/boss

With each step needing to be completed in full before you can move on, but with the open world more less still fully able to be traversed once you finish the starting area

Here’s what I want to be able to do

-tutorial area/plot expo
-go straight to Gannon and kill him with meat arrows (Maybe go recruit buckethead and Mlady Goon first.)