Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Holy cow.
I just beat the first Main Quest The Closed Door
If that was just the "tutorial," good god, this game is going to be rough :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

Freed the Deku tree of integestion, and that was the first one of those bosses I killed. I hope it counts, but still I don't know how to kill the gloom hands except getting onto a high platform and dropping bombs on them.
This will help:
Shoot bomb arrows in the gap between them. It hits all of them at once, just do it 5 times and you’re done.
Speaking of, since I’ve done that a million times, I can’t beat the second part, Phantom Ganandorf.

I think I ended up here too early by accident or something. Because he kills me in just 2 hits :saddowns:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I rode around in a circle in the minecarts in the Fire Temple for like an hour (literally) until I figured out the "correct" way to do it.
Then once I figured it out, I fell out of the cart and ended up having to do the Spider-Man thing anyway :v:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Is there a way to figure out how many times you’ve helped Addison?

edit: and how many Korok seeds you’ve obtained?
It’s probably on the loading screen on the right, but I have no idea what any of those mean except the Shrine ones, and I’m 175 hours in 😂

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Sep 24, 2023

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

effika posted:

I also really enjoyed the reward for the completing the diving minigames in the sky islands. I also really enjoyed upgrading it so I didn't die after running out of stamina while falling.

I cannot complete the second challenge of 25 seconds or less on any of the three of them :saddowns:
I did get the rewards though.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 14, 2023

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

mastajake posted:

Are you holding down the dive button? With that and while wearing 1 or more of the gliding set it shouldn't be too bad, at least after a couple tries to learn it

Holy derp. Yes, to holding down the dive button, no on wearing the gliding set while doing so.
That's probably the dumbest overlook/gently caress up of all time :derp:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I actually read all of this.
I liked your TED Talk :yaycloud:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Last night I finally finished the 151st shrine (I had to look the final 4 up because I couldn't find them at all- my final one was in a goddamned well) and got the Aspect of the Ancient Hero.
Wait, how did you figure out which 4 you were missing? Is there a list somewhere in the game that shows you what you've done and their shrine names, or did you manually go through the map and make a list and then correlate that with whatever you looked up? :catstare:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I used this interactive map and physically marked off which ones I had completed by looking both at my TV screen and my web browser screen. When you mark off what you have completed the interactive map will actually take the completed shrine off the map so you can easily look at what is still there.
Interesting. I'll remember this when I get tired of organically looking.
#FridayCrewReps :getin:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Picayune posted:

Also, there's a lightroot under every single shrine on the surface, so you can flip back and forth between your Depths map and your surface map and use that to figure out which lightroots/shrines you're missing. This doesn't help with the shrines in the sky, but those are... somewhat harder to miss.

I actually did know this one :)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

galagazombie posted:

By the time you've finagled wheels onto something, flipped it over, crashed because a wheel was on backwards, rebuilt it, crashed again because vehicles handle rough terrain about as well as the horses, then finally get it right and start moving, you'd have already arrived and finished the shrine
This really is ridiculously frustrating, but the way you worded it made me actually laugh :v:
fake edit: the one wheel backwards thing is so true, though, but that's on us - user error :shobon:

real edit: helping the dude (whose name escapes me at the moment) fix his President signs or whatever is all sorts of hosed up. 100% of the ones I built after 5 tries has to be the wrong way they wanted you to do it.

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 1, 2023

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

That’s exactly what I do, just not on purpose. I said it earlier there’s no way I’m doing it the intended way.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

That’d be awesome.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

YggiDee posted:

The monsters that can roar away constructs are the only monsters I'm really interested in using constructs to fight.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

How many are there, and is there a way to find out how many you completed? I feel like I’ve done 100.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I have no idea what you guys are talking about, but now I want to try it.
What quest? :confused:
(I'm 175 hours in the game, so I can probably unlock it.)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Holy crap.

Started playing this morning, checked the Adventure Log, and I've already done it, so apparently it didn't bug out for me :v:

I don't know how many things I have left to do (Side Quests/Side Adventures) until it's time to just go to the finish line.

I've really liked this game though :)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Ugh.
I keep forgetting about the teleport pad thing :saddowns:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Here we go again with people “copping the jankiness” or whatever :rolleyes:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Docjowles posted:

yeah I loving suck at parry/dodge but nothing some max level armor and a bunch of food can't fix :pseudo:
:same:

I can't parry or dodge for poo poo either for reasons I do not understand.
I think I just don't think I know how to properly do it, I was good at it in BotW though which seems weird.

I'm just trying to stockpile hearts and upgrade armor fully.
I don't really have anything left to do I don't think.

I've done 17 Main Quests, 34 Side Adventures, 34 Side Quests, and 5 Shrine Quests.

What's the best armor to go into the final battle with?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Hylian set dyed black has been my go-to since BoTW because i love how it looks. It's a nice touch that in ToTK if you complete a certain mission you can put the hood down.

Yeah, I did that mission :hfive:

Docjowles posted:

Tbh I just wore the fully upgraded Hylian armor you buy in Lookout Landing for most of the game including the final battle, it's cheap and easy. If you have something with even higher defense numbers, cool. Eat some attack up food and have a stock pile of food that restores health + hearts lost to gloom

Also make sure to drop a travel medallion before jumping down to the final battle area so if you decide you didn't bring enough food or whatever you can easily leave and come back. It should be pretty obvious when you've reached that point.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Tingle's set, of course. But if you just want the best stats, then it's Diamond Circlet + Champion's Leathers + Zonaite Shin Guards (or any other 28 armor pants), and then you can add a level 2 or 3 attack buff on top if you want. Attack buffs don't scale beyond 3 levels, so Diamond Circlet and a level 2 food buff gets you to max attack power.

Thanks for the advice! :)

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Fifty Three posted:

I was pretty good at dodging/flurry rush in BotW and couldn't figure out what I was missing in TotK until someone clued me in: you need to jump laterally to dodge vertical strikes, and you need to jump back to dodge horizontal strikes.

Completely trivial after that and I felt real dumb. :doh:

Well that makes perfect sense, because :same:

Like I said, I was really good at it in BotW but suck at it in TotK.

But like that other poster said, I guess it's easy to forget :shobon:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I can’t tell if we’re talking about BotW or TotK which is interesting in itself…

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I actually liked that part :shobon:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

That.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

:siren:Spoilers ITT! :siren:

But seriously I’m pretty sure I would say my favorite game of the franchise was LttP :shobon:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Me either.

Skill issue.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Down to 11 more shrines. I have a feeling this is going to take a while. I've been to every sky island except a few of the miniboss platforms (flux constructs or king gleeoks) and I'm pretty sure those won't be shrines. Are there shrines that don't trigger the shrine sensor? It looks like almost every shrine quest is a crystal one, and I know those do.

Wait, what?

Killing those things create shrines :stonk:

Okay this a TIL matter. Lunch break is going to be a “Hang on, I’ll be right there” :skateboard:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Well, no, that's not what I meant, sorry.

But, as the poster below you said, there are some crystal shrines where the crystal is embedded in a flux construct. I was only referring to some sky islands which are hard to reach - like the one above Eventide Island. They all have the same shape - that of an arena like you see in the depths for the temple boss redos. I only have two or three left that I haven't visited, but I'm pretty sure those are boss fights without a shrine because there's no other islands that are close enough to complete a crystal quest. I know for a fact that the Eventide one is a King Gleeok fight

It sounds like I might have missed some sky island shrines. It might be a case of an island that's above or a beneath another island, so it only looks like I've been there already.

There is still one on the surface I haven't done yet. It's one where it needs to be noon time and for whatever reason I didn't bother to complete it because it wasn't noon when I was messing with it. So, technically, I only need FIND 10 more shrines.

Oh, and I did complete the snowboarding one a while ago. For some reason I thought you could just snowboard all the way down from the sky island without taking damage, so I wasted a fairy on the landing. Took me a while to find because I only knew it was there because of the lightroot beneath it so I was doing all kinds of dumb poo poo to try to get it appear. For some reason I thought chopping down trees was the trick.

Wow. You all are talking about poo poo I don’t even know about and I’m 150 hours into the game.

To be fair, I’ve been doing every Side Quest and Side Adventure I’ve encountered.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

👏PUT👏MEGALADON👏IN👏HYRULE👏

FTFY :cheers:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 26, 2024

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Yeah, whoever watches the full 40 minutes of that video, please share.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

SirPablo posted:

I'm 120+ shrines into the game and just figured out Hero's Path exists.

You did better than me :stare:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Wait so when is the “proper” time to get the master sword? Like when does the game tell you to find it if you don’t already have it?

Deku Tree in The Lost Woods

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

A true Champion has just arrived :stare:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Wait, there are 32 shrines in the Sky Islands? :suicide:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

:aaa:

Well that's a new one, and it seems badass :black101:

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

LionArcher posted:

Tears of the kingdom is getting an official soundtrack release in Japan finally, rumors point to July. I was just about to order the cd release from Amazon of BoTW too. Looking forward to having both on Cd with titles I can’t read of individual tracks.

CD as in Compact Disks? I was not aware those were still a thing.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Is there actually a way to beat them without bomb arrows? I’d love to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Good thing I’m 225 hours in and just learning this :suicide: