Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fatherboxx)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Right but if half the deaths are Wagner then half the casualties should be wagner too.

10k deaths should mean at least 30-40k total casualties. And that's twice the size of wagner.

I think the implication is that Wagner mercenaries are killed at a drastically higher rate than regular soldiers, at least compared to wounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Er, yeah, I guess I included them in the "mercenaries" umbrella, but I see your point.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that that's the case at all, so it's probably just as likely as anything else folks are proposing.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My view is that the Keebler Elves did it from their little treehouse.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Nenonen posted:

Guys, we know that Hitler's phycisist put him on coke and opiates and he probably had traumas from an abusive father and WW1 experiences and he only had one testicle, let's not talk poo poo about him okay?

This is exactly why I don't buy weed from physicists.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

This is all a masterful feint for Russia's counter-counter-offensive offensive.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So more ground gained in Bakhmut, skirmishes (and some "breakthroughs") in towns to the north and south of Bakhmut, and skirmishes at the Russian border north of Kharkiv.

Seems this spring's activities are spinning up, I guess.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

OAquinas posted:

Ha!
That's a real "catch the fist and twist it backwards" move, GJ on those Patriot operators!

...I hope the PACs are mobile.

Edit: apparently in Kharkiv they're using soviet-era bunkers for final assembly of the tanks.

There's lots of heavy machinery production in Kharkiv from tractors (there's a whole district called "Traktorniy Zavod'" aka "Tractor Factory"). Famously the world's loneliest tank from the patriot day parade was a Kharkiv product circa 1940 or whatever, lol.

Edit: Here's me at the entrance to the Kharkiv Tractor Factory when I lived near there in a different lifetime:

Edit: Russia should be happy. They targeted a Patriot and they got a Patriot. :colbert:

mutata fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 12, 2023

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I still find it laughable. And I'm gonna keep laughing at every extra spicy Russian shitcan they shoot down. Hearty belly laughs, as if I had the beard of a lumberjack.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

MyMomSaysImKeen posted:

This incursion by, "Separatists," that are invading in American hummers will be played ad neuseum on Russian media.

Propaganda? On MY Russian state-owned television?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The shitposters and trolls are on their business today: https://www.saintjavelin.com/en-us/search?options%5Bprefix%5D=last&q=belgorod&type=product%2Cpage

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah, the fact as I see it is that the question doesn't matter, actually.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Rappaport posted:

Aren't you answering your own hypothetical there, champ?

The only thing that will satisfy Willo is being killed in the exact nuclear explosion that triggers the end of the world.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Willo567 posted:

It's weird as all the major news outlet don't seem to mention the ending text

Things can be multiple things at once, though.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Grape posted:

Do you actually honestly seriously believe Ukraine is encouraging Orthodox jihad, or what the heck is your issue exactly.

The country being genocided made them uncomfortable with the wrong words in their propaganda anti-genocide video.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Risky click of the day.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BabyFur Denny posted:

I mean, she did live in the US before, every country is a step up from that (food wise)

Ehhhhhhhh nah, this isn't true at all heh.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

What's going on? All the people on my ignore list seem to be arguing with each other.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

gently caress Russia, but that black yellow white flag is aesthetically cool.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Willo567 posted:

Have they been wrong before on stuff?

Have you?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Same. And also having the watermark fly in on the same vector as the missile was not the best decision.

Well, yeah, that's so you can't crop their watermark out of just the moneyshot.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hi, everyone, I'm here for the Potential Coup Viewing? Is it assigned seats or do we just sit anywhere?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

fatherboxx posted:

I am on my second bottle of wine but please behave and check your sources when you post tweets

Yuck, personally I can't stand the stuff. Tweets, I mean.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

We don't actually know where Wagner is. US intel has them still in place in Ukraine. Prigozhin says they're in Rostov and Belgorod.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

what the gently caress

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Burt Buckle posted:

This situation has the potential to snowball very quickly.

Great work, keep us updated.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

6.5hr drive from Voronezh to Moscow. Google tells me, however, that this route has tolls (!), so that may slow up the convoy if they don't want to get a ticket in the mail.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

acidx posted:

There's reports Voronezh has fallen. Putins speech has been postponed indefinitely.

You got a source for this, varmint?!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mirotic posted:

I've got a source for the first part.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1672496390486851584?t=QnH2luHGhQW-jYl9uAGL_g&s=19

(this is a bureau chief for Middle East Eye, based in Turkiye)

Edit: And for a more familiar outlet, here's an FT reporter.

https://twitter.com/SameralAtrush/status/1672496945951121410?t=7Y9D8mD3XanbwwpxAznE1g&s=19

Well BOY HOWDY!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I expected to get high and watch Minecraft videos on YouTube, and I've mostly done that, but yeah, this is also quite unexpected.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

what the gently caress

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's technically possible Prigozhin took a ton of LSD and went to the bad place and when he finally came to he was 20 minutes outside of Moscow.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

fatherboxx posted:

Please knock it off.

Yeah, that post and all the rest of the last 5 pages.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Well stop it then.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Can we get a better derail than this? What's everyone's favorite borscht recipe?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Armacham posted:

The worst Zoey Deschanel movie

If that were a real movie this still probably wouldn't be true.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Jon posted:

How involved do I need to be before I can point out that posting to get a rise out of people and spamming off topic soup recipes is bad for discussion and against the rules while asking questions is listed as a purpose of D&D?

Us posting about soup recipes is as interesting, informative, and affects the war in Ukraine just as much as the current ouroboros topic du jour which right now happens to be a pointless roundabout regarding cluster munitions. I see that the next derail topic, though, is going to be this, so I wanted to get this post in so I can participate in the dialog about participating in dialogs.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It's not a surprise to see memes on UA uniforms. There's been a large pro-Ukraine meme effort since the war began. Saint Javelin and all that.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Morrow posted:

He's an Estonian intelligence officer wearing a UA patch.

Ok. Same post but insert "Estonian" wherever you'd prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Bridge Most Likely To Randomly Explode