Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

I’m still a little puzzled by that spider-mandible hairline

lmfao a chilicerae peak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Eddie Gunster lol

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the kids in lord or the flies complaining about concern trolls as they drop a boulder on piggy killing him

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Felix colgrave ftw

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

got confused for a second because i remembered that name as

lol cant see that without just hearing "hey freakzaoid, wanna get a mint?"

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

Cosgrove ruled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmWZNDjTQj8

Ya wanna head over to the Great Hall of Spackle?

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

I’ll never cut it out not as long as Candlejack is sti

lmfao

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Dongicus posted:

SOYJAK

...im gonna need more cope

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

shadows of doubt has emergent "random npc walking into a restricted area, sets off every alarm and turret" gameplay, it rules

this post made me look the game up. proc gen murder mystery sounds badass

copy
Jul 26, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

"Look at that, Randy-Bandy. What do you see?"

"I see a trailer, Mr. Lahey."

"It's a poo poo-castle. And inside is the worst kind of villain imaginable..... a shitpire."

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

pentyne posted:

Pinkertons financed a TV show about their first female detective in order to rehab their image.

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

i'm 95% sure the word prude is exclusively deployed by creeps who want to involve unwilling strangers in their sex life. i've never seen it in any other context

lol reading this and feeling enlightened

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lady Radia posted:

my creative expression is through coding.

it brings me no pleasure to write these words to you

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

what the gently caress

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lotta great birds in my yard this year. had a pair of geese with a clutch of goslings like 14 strong. parents of the year

Only registered members can see post attachments!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

this rules. keep those goslings safe 🙏

will do. earlier this year i had to chase off four ducks who were charging a mom duck and her ducklings. the four males and the mother all flew over the fence and the ducklings just stumbled through my yard peeping and tripping over dandelions. I went back inside and then made sure the mom came back before going back to work lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

The D&D race stuff is dorky but also charming, yeah.

And the real reason we'll never get a Shadowrun game on the level of CDPR's run at Cyberpunk is that Catalyst Games may very well be the most incompetently-run extant tabletop gaming company. The CEO straight up embezzled almost a million dollars from the company and he's still there. They released a statement being like "Yeah, he stole from the company but we're good Christians and forgave him." The latest edition of Shadowrun was published in a state so incomplete it was basically nonfunctional at release. They constantly bilk the contract workers they have write and draw art for the books. The dedicated company that translates and distributes the game in Germany is the only semi-connected division that puts any effort or passion into salvaging the game and obviously that's not available worldwide :v:

Lady Radia posted:

lmao'ing while mourning

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

Keep in mind that "most incompetently run tabletop gaming company" is a very tight race, and it says a lot that Catalyst might have a slight lead on the competition there.

"Massively squandered" is the right descriptor. Like, I would say out of the two big cyberpunk games out there, Shadowrun has been the stronger seller for years before the recent uptick in interest for Cyberpunk. And some of that was definitely because it's "Cyberpunk, but with familiar D&D magic and races" but some of that was also that Cyberpunk as a brand was basically in stasis for years and years after Mike Pondsmith stepped back from the industry to work at Microsoft. He was so flat broke they couldn't even afford real art for Cyberpunk v3 and resorted to dressing Barbie dolls up to take pictures of:

And then work starts on the CDPR game, a new Cyberpunk game edition, etc. and meanwhile Shadowrun released the worst edition of their game yet in response.

So tl;dr, Shadowrun's marketing sense peaked at the 1990 "game trailer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GPGQoR6f6w

lmfao goddamn

copy
Jul 26, 2007

my dad really liked the shadowrun books and didnt even know there were games until i was in highschool and found them myself. he just liked wizards and trolls and guns and poo poo

copy
Jul 26, 2007

he had a full sleeve tattoo and part of it was what he called a "combat mage" and it was supposed to be a wizard with a gun but mom called it beyonce because it kind of looked like beyonce but with a gun and magical lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

skeleton warrior posted:

Gonna conjoin the discussion threads by announcing that the next big monster my players will fight in my weekly TTRPG is this

the perfect killing machine...

copy
Jul 26, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

birds arent real anyway

its fun to pretend tho

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jeffrey joins your party but he has the sleep status effect and you cant remove it

give him null-sleep and now he is invincible as he effortlessly dodges every incoming attack

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

tears of the kingdom showed up a day early for me, thanks to the courier being faster than expected

it's in the living room, taunting me while i work

you need to call in sick right now

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

catposting. she is subtly asking for armpit scratches here

my mom had a cat and when she would say "high five rosie" to her she would raise her paw for a high five. cats own

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

chuds chuds everywhere

but not a drop to drink?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

drat i should start a moleman faction in aow4 called chuds

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Chuds chuds all kinds of chuds. Black white puerto rican chinese chuds

Fajita Queen posted:

I don't like chuds. They're coarse, and rough, and irritating, and they get everywhere

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

pentyne posted:

famous example

lmfao again

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol especialy at "yikes"

careful gang, this guy wants to do a heckin genocideridoo! That is neither OK nor Cool And Good

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Leal posted:

What tome will they start with?

swarm seems like the go-to but maybe shadow. or i could rehab the image of the chuds and make them nature loving healers. for too long have cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers gotten a bad rap. gonna show the world the good things about them

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

it was funny because there was a lot of hosed up poo poo about that mod but they instantly homed in on the named richard spencer and not the rape and underaged creep poo poo lol

missing the pedo forest for the imaginary-fascist-game-dev trees

copy
Jul 26, 2007

i post when and where the spirit takes me

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

(badly bruised and covered in poo poo) mad?

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the cacodemon has a butt hole in Doom (1993) for PC

cacademon

copy
Jul 26, 2007

so long-ay covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Aramek posted:

I still think about 3O every time I hear the sounds of laughing children outside and how much he said he hated that.

lol super villain poo poo