Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
touhou ftw, and its that simple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
lurdiak was not even the only guy who regularly said touhou is for pedophiles in games lol. fortunately the few ive seen who said that with any frequency have been scared off, cuz lol come on man.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
there are very gross people who like almost anything (as a great example, our very own deviantart thread lol), but the point these people are making is the series itself is explicitly catering to pedophiles. which is insane on the face of it. and then doubly so because zun has said "yeah im never gonna write or really even imply romantic relationships in this media cuz i dont know how to do that" lol.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

can spend 8000 dollars to voice a character that talks in stupid grunts and gibberish but cant buy a new controller smh

teach a man to game and hell only game for a day. but, put a man in a game and hell game for a lifetime

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
if you have a house you cant unsub basically ever because even if auto demolish is suspended the timer still ticks down so if they turn it back on your poo poo can get rocked really quickly

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
theres a few with those, i think it was a theme one they did forever ago. i have also made that mistake lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
most of cccc is threads that are super annoying and unwanted but they have a ton of posters and arent necessarily breaking rules so they get shuffled off there and maybe given thread iks and left to do whatever

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Kazinsal posted:

on the other hand if I'm remembering the timeline right then it saved them from being under the purview of koalas march and cascadebeta at the time of the troubles, and I can only imagine THAT would have been a fascinating nightmare for the residents

nah cuz tmr had its own separate trans thread, literally the thread cascadebeta and most of the rest of that crew were from. my limited understanding as someone with negative interest in the idea of talking about being transgender in a thread specifically for that is there was at least some mutual dislike between the threads.

also peace thread afaik doesnt have a funny story. it started in gbs as a place for fyad people to chill while fyad was gone, it came back (for real this time) so the thread lost its initial purpose but it was well liked so it was just shuffled over

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
it is pretty funny

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
hopefully now that games can just become movies and tv, something that was impossible til just now with tlou, they can just stop making movie games

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

going into andrew ryans office and he starts ranting about the crews before i beat him to death with a golf club

would you kindly take a break from posting? user loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Feels Villeneuve posted:

does anyone else have bad memories of when this thread was basically in SAD and forget you dont have to wait 10 minutes to make another post

the only bad memories i have...is remembering youre posts :twisted:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
if youre using a vpn for actual privacy concerns and not just "i wanna watch the british office on netflix" you should be using mullvad. if you only care about the netflix tier stuff then it matters less but expect any big vpn that pays youtubers (or dead comedy forums!) to advertise for them to be less secure.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Terrible Opinions posted:

Goons misremember poo poo from movies they saw the same day they're posting. Misremembering a sex ed talk they were half paying attention to years ago isn't really remarkable, besides how stupidly they misremembered it.

i mean its one of the few things you can laugh about from im gei where he isnt threatening to beat someones head in or similar, so it gets brought up a lot proportionally

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anime is good. stfu

this

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Dongicus posted:

U guys rlly need to run out fluffdaddy lol...

you think he runs anywhere?

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
you cant make that joke on this website cuz theres 500 guys who believe it earnestly and some of them have already said as such in here, ruining it for everyone else

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
people should watch teekyuu

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

fun hater posted:

omg thank you...now to find one for yu-gi-oh cards

e: no wait these are still pretty small. BIGGER

the best website for yugioh cards in general, and images specifically is yugipedia. unfortunately a few months back they goofed up a server maintenance badly and suffered a massive data loss, so theyve been slowly rebuilding since then.

it depends on the cards in question but you can easily get 1000x600 for cards where people cared to do nice scans.

like this promotional obelisk with the original color/art/text

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Antivehicular posted:

I took some classes from that guy in college. He had a whole wall of '80's manga in his office and once read his Kenzaburo Oe fanfiction out loud in class

kenzaburo oe ftw

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Spanish Manlove posted:

I don't know how time works

you are actually mildly right though because this was the fiasco that revealed pcos bill was in fact aran of somethingsensitive, which he reregged to very lamely crow about while everyone ignored him and he got perma'd a second time

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
gamefaqs has a board called life the universe and everything, or lue for short. it was their no rules offtopic zone and it got so bad gamefaqs did something really wild which is accounts registered after x date could not post in lue anymore. and that date was like 2004 or something. so lue became this like bizarre ecosystem cuz only a few thousand people could post there and it became the kind of place youd expect. luelinks is a spinoff forum of lue and eti is i guess a spinoff of that. its insanely dumb

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
not every single poster in the pyf tankies thread was a nazi but theres definitely a project going on when you have a multiple hundreds pages thread full of people posting noted crackpots like phil greaves and red kahina and going "wow!!!! every leftist believes this!!!! every single one!!!!!" with zero pushback or anything lol. great example of why politics posting on this forum should be heavily curtailed because that was loving nuts. also great example of why i personally found it galling that "the sagas thread is unmoderatable and a bad fir for pyf" took off cuz like. the same people saying that were fine with the tankies thread for a good long while. kinda weird!

qnqnx posted:

The thread in question was the "PYF Tankies" thread, which possibly was about that in the past but by the time it got closed it had been long coopted by Pharaohman to post the latest leftist politics poster on Twitter that he had a beef with. Just pages and pages of posters no one gave a poo poo about nor was it in any way funny or relevant.

no it was like that basically the entire time lol. it was never not about finding twitter weirdos and using them as a strawman for Leftism in its entirety lol. genuinely one of the worst threads something awful ever spawned

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Endorph posted:

woo!!! more fail politics poo poo! gently caress!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i love it

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
everyone should watch ravenous if were talking about media now cuz thats probably better than whatever yellowjackets is (no judgment, ravenous is just incredible)

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

TheSwizzler posted:

it's "Alive" but with teenage girls, also spooky ghost poo poo

p good

i can respect that, but my statement still stands. ravenous is a very good movie thats also about eating people

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
yeah if youre not buying it off a truck and/or youre not getting some crazy too good to be true deal it is probably a good tv. lcds are so simple to make that its hard to gently caress it up egregiously

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

getting the poo poo beat out of me by the female pinkertons to epic final fantasy boss music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKR5lSKeZxk

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They're so goddamn ugly man...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they all look the same...

this is on purpose because the entire reason funko pop was founded was "wow people spend a lot on these bespoke actually good figurines but dont actually care about quality. so lets make ugly lovely ones we can prototype in literally 24 hours and sell them for only slightly cheaper". and it loving worked lol. i hate them so much.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
or we could just get rid of weirdos

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
its 100% true lol

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i watched infernal affairs last night and it ruled. gonna watch the sequels soon even though i heard theyre not as good

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Lady Radia posted:

my creative expression is through coding.

it brings me no pleasure to write these words to you

:hmmno:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
ts probably not actually the devs they just have some anticheat thats looking consecutive skills happening too fast or something and blamming you

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i am my avatar

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

ArfJason posted:

Did you guys hear about how the climate change thread is digging their heads into the sand and deflecting from the horrors of climate by saying stuff such as "theres cringe in the soil" and "theres cringe in the Himalayas"??

if you look at the epa data from the last 70 years, you will have no choice but to agree that there is an alarming amount of cringe in the jetstream

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
the only good thing braid did was make soulja boy say "go back in time potion"

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Antivehicular posted:

I don't know who Shbobd is and at this point I'm afraid to ask

shbobdb is an extreme negative attention guy who would normally not be super notable beyond that but for this weird quirk he draws out of all the staff on this site (and i say this with all the love in my heart, but rhino just a bit ago did it again) where when he says insanely gross poo poo about women or rape or etc etc its treated like hes some mythical trickster getting into an escapade worthy of the illiad and not an awful piece of poo poo. so every time he makes one of the worst posts you can imagine someone else gets to step up and make a weird post about him and give him attention. and then he gets banned and makes a new account and does it again. it sucks.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
i remember wildstar first got big early in ffxivs lifespan (somewhere around 2.2/2.3 iirc) so people would advertise for it in pf saying poo poo like "come play a REAL mmo!!!! none of this baby poo poo!!!!!!" which 1) lmfao and 2) those guys would get put in gm jail gaol for a little bit for advertising for a direct competitor and always get really mad about it lol. what was the endgame for that plan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
no warden was meant to be killable (its loot pool is entirely unique for one). the thing with warden and virtue is they were meant to be the absolute top end of content for only the strongest players to fight. the issues were 1) they were tuned way way way too strong. warden was infamous for an 18 hour continuous pull that ended in failure since many players started getting sick, and i dont remember any numbers for virtue offhand but my brain is telling me it was even worse. 2) anytime people figured something out for virtue they got banned for it lol. this combo got square-enix so much bad press they eventually added a loading screen message saying "dont make your health worse for a videogame dumbass lol" and forcing the 2 bosses to despawn after 2 hours (with paired nerfs to make it possible to kill them in that time).