Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Hopefully we all can discuss fun sagas with friends :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I think this thread should also be a space for having a good time with enemies

:haibrower:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Deki posted:

Some of my favorite threads were for bad goon game projects.

The Demon Rush: A guy buys a ton of ads trying to promote the RPG he made. Goons dissect the game finding more and more bizzare/funny poo poo. To the OP's credit, it's a full, finished game and he's inexplicably still churning out games of similar quality to this very day. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2913491&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

I still watch the "trailer" that someone stitched together because it's so good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhWmboM0zFc

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

vyelkin posted:

Rutibex thought machine learning image generators have levels of sentience comparable to human toddlers and then used them to generate upskirt shots of Princess Peach so I guess what I'm saying is the cognitive dissonance of believing in both magic and AI is just the tip of the iceberg.

This is a hell of a sentence :stare:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nuns with Guns posted:

Thinking about this again and laughing

Identifed by cops because after the shooting he ran a small distance away, changed shirts, and the panopticon caught his dorky tribal tattoo on camera

God drat what a prescient post

You think he knows he's permabanned?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Doctor Goat posted:

Imagine the karma we'd all have if we'd kept logging in on GameFAQs all these years...

Chuckyhacks grew up to be an accountant living in the suburbs with two kids

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

In my schooling, any events that night remind the students that American westward expansion was conquest instead of expansion into mostly-empty land was conveniently skipped over, including Wounded Knee. I had heard the name but knew nothing about it

Yeah this is depressingly common, or the trope that they were welcomed onto the land by Native Americans. Most history books gloss over the extermination of Native peoples and takeovers of their lands. Even when they do mention it (Trail of Tears is a great example) it's usually only a paragraph or two before getting back to "here's what we did with the land". Never mind the fact that a lot of Native people were forced into "Christian" schools to be "civilized".

Fun fact: you can actually blame Texas for all of this!

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Tenkaris posted:

Because they get to decide things about school textbook contents that affect large parts of the nation, right?

Yeah basically and their education board is filled with super old people who yearn for the 1950s

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it is pretty weird, I only became aware of Driftingmouse because in one other thread they were saying some lovely thing about a youtuber who happened to have adhd, and then they began their whole main character gimmick of demanding Cinema Discusso threads be restarted for 2023 and kept eating probes for it, alongside the obituary GBS gimmick. Caught a ban for doing the "take the T out of LGBT" meme and then tried to re-register, prompting admins to take a deeper look into who they really are.

There really wasn't a reason to suspect Dm was a permabanned poster, but I think the gimmick started going to their head in the last few months and it caused them to slip up

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm not a super genius GBS mod but maybe if someone's a weird gimmick account treat them with suspicion? Just a thought.

Do you really want us to run an alt check on you?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

It was a joke about how VVG's gimmick is just being an angry turd :mad:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

what? huh! i turned into a paladin and now i'm level one again? what a bunch a bunch of bullshit now i have to gai-- now i have to grind more levels outside this is nonsense. *goes outside and encounters the second form of scarmiglione the earth fiend* oh great now theres a boss out here too welp i'm dead. cool prophecy everyone it made me level 1 and now i'm dead

His true name is Milon (in the SNES version)!!!

That version had all sorts of weird translations. Still ruled though

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I didn't even know who the poster was thar did that poo poo but I still have a little lol when people tack ailure onto words it doesn't remotely work for

That was Paradol Ex, who also famously toxxed to permaban himself forever from SA (current and future accounts) if Barack Obama won in 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

genesplicer reacted badly to the clown, because he is a moron

seth has embraced the ogre and made it cringe, because he has the base low cunning required to actively moderate gbs

I think that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me :allears:

Marcade posted:

im permabanned poster shreklover58. i first started reading GBS when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "humor" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "All Star" and "i love donkey makin' waffles" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "humor" style of GBS posting was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" GBS to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

lol