Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

WeaselWeaz posted:

Is that UFC belt just some way to sell more stuff to belt marks? The whole customized for each title holder, gems for wins thing seems gimmicky.

originally every time a ufc champion successfully defended their title they got an additional belt, so they could at their home display all of their successful championship matches. but they only did this for some fighters not everyone. eventually demetrious johnson asked if he could get a belt for all of his defenses, so they fed ex'd him his 9 belts and then introduced this new title where instead of a brand new belt every title defense you just get an extra gem affixed to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

also the best show on FX is the first season of Fargo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

lmao they didnt even have trips come out to give rhea her new belt they just had adam pierce do it

whats the belt look like

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

seths new belt but with white straps

edit: heres a pic

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kvlt! posted:

whats the significance of aces and 8s too. double aces is clearly better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_man%27s_hand

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Wasn't there a rumor a while back that WWE's had new tag belts ready to go for like years at this point and they've just never used them and now they're putting out new singles belts every week without any mention of said tag belts?

yeah theyve been ready for almost 4 years now. basically just color adjusted versions of the womens tag titles.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Endorph posted:

wwe owns right now because theres all these guys who you look at and are like 'at least they've got some young talent in the midcard, hopefully they get something to do in a few years' and then you look them up and they're 37 and tweeting 'yeah i think ive got a couple more years in me'

all i see are guys i paid to see wrestle 12+ years ago in roh or pwg or dg usa.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i got a we the ones shirt

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think wrestlemania philly is going to have the usos vs the paul bros. gut.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I had a weird wrestling dream that wwe in a major gaffe announced that royal rumble 2025 would be held in athens greece and live on video the imploded the historic 2500 year old panatheanic stadium while announcing they were building a new 130k capacity dome to hold the event just to beat the londos/kwariani record.

The video in question had seth rollins doing his wacky dance in medieval armor looking kind of like Nandor from what we do in the shadows, then pushing down one of those comically large detonation devices while his Burn It Down music played

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

For WWE standards the Bray stuff there was as good a tribute as you can expect from them imo

their previous 3 main tribute shows were done the same way with the same level of respect for each guy, that was the only self imposed standard they needed to met and they failed to do that. i would judge the wwe standard based on their own track record with the subject, i dont give them a pass on half assing this one because it was a guy who wasn't Vince's Pick

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im curious to know if the people defending wwe here had watched any of their product prior to 2010.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Knowing how jacksonville people are this is not a shock at all lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

Listen you can't rush these things man, we need at least 3 or 5 more years of build to explain how a WWE Superstar's name could change like that.

Well, y'see, a man grows

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It has only been 2.5 years

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

He's specifically chosen by ari emanuel to continue running the wwe side with basically no oversight, nothing functionally is going to change.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Well, levesque might get shuffled out of the mix again, i could see that change happening.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

Triple H gets fired from WWE. He can't go to AEW. He needs to start his own company. And there's only one man he can turn to....

if it werent for the ludicrous hours of programming both wwe and aew offer i would feel like we're 1 or 2 big stars away from there being enough room for another medium sized wrestling company, somewhere between impact and aew.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the tko logo looks like poo poo.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

little vincent and the wwe street band play the hits

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It'd be extremely weird for them to release Tiffany Stratton when they've spent time building her up, she's young, and she has from all accounts a high ceiling and because she's young is a prime target for WWE to shape into what they want out of a Sports Entertainer. The Becky win was just done as a ratings juicer, nothing more.
i dunno if theres gonna be another power tussle between the levesque and vince camps i can see a bunch of releases based on that

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Post on your main, darkstar

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

This will probably be Elimination Chamber

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have always liked cody rhodes

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NJPW should pick up Ali. Riddick Moss will likely be NWA world champion within a year.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

ziggler seems to be one of the 'big' names being thrown around

shelton gone

https://twitter.com/sheltyb803/status/1704888168560906292
Wonder how lesnar feels about this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Cmon guys

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Kerwin white's caddy

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

The MITB cash in and the Survivor Series match where Sting debuted were both red hot. I never connected with the guy at all but in those moments I caught glimpses of what others saw. I wonder if he could have a Matt Cardona-esque reinvention somewhere.

My guess is he's slotting immediately into the Cardonaverse

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

My strongest memory of Zigglef was the elimination chamber where Mark henys door was opened by accident and the match got sent to a screeching halt leading yo all six men standing in a circle while Ziggler loudly started calling spots to try and get people to move
I was at this show and it was the funniest moment of the night.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shankley vs early morning guy steele

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

nathan frazier

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tampa Bae posted:

top dolla lol

i still think he was re-hired only as a rib

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Seams posted:

Could Sheamus’ neck survive a G1

he'd only have like 6 opponents if they stick with the four block format

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid posted:

I am happy they got fired because they are disgusting people and they are loved by terminally online nerds who are also disgusting people. Reddit is so mad.

big agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Minidust posted:

I coulda sworn Elias got released like 2 weeks ago, did I imagine that?

i think that was his brother, Ezekiel

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do have to wonder, the verbiage on these "I am no longer with WWE/I am no longer a part of WWE" posts, are they making the tweets themselves or is endeavor pumping them out from their end for them since they in theory still have the wrestlers passwords?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they tried to sign rick boogs to a developmental deal when he was already in developmental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

these avatars are at the same bar together 100%