Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Priest is one of those dudes where like, He’s not a bad wrestler at all but also i can’t bring myself to give any kind of poo poo about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
All he would have to do is when he jumps to the apron he can do a double stomp or a knee or something, than he can jump back in for the suplex.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It really is funny that Sami actually made the bloodline interesting and got over big so they gave him the useless wwe tag titles and no longer have anything to do with bloodline so they can do reruns.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

emjayo posted:

this is insanely good

It actually sucks really bad. I’m not even a Roman hater but this is some tubi original series level acting.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s so funny to have this big hot angle where no one will come out a star from it. Like I can’t imagine Jey Uso is about to become this big singles main eventer Star. You had Cody right there and you had Sami right there and you cut them both off. It’s insane.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Codependent Poster posted:

I think it's actually gonna end up with them trying to make Solo a big star.

But I do think the Usos right now are probably the most popular they've ever been. They should have pulled the trigger on either Sami or Cody but they've kept their popularity.

I think they want to try and make solo a star as well, but I have no idea if that’s something people actually want to see, and while the Usos are popular right now I’m curious what happens when you take them out of the Romanverse.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My biggest issue with wwe still is the production side of things. Watching always feels like I’m watching some Nickelodeon game show. The saturation level is up so high and just even like the way they cut promos and do backstage segments. It feels like a kids show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It is a kids show

Yea I know but they don’t have to make it so obvious.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Everyone is talking about See Emm Punk Yeeah

Not me I’m talking about CP Munk.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I wonder if Roman got mad at someone again and put his hands on his head and yelled.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

jackofarcades posted:

he got on his knees and cried

Cinema

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I guarantee that 40 minute segment could have been 12 minutes and accomplished the exact same thing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I don’t even know what people are getting out of the Roman Angle at this point. Not to mention the people who are over right now aren’t getting used either. LA Knight is super over right now and wasn’t even on the show because Roman’s dinner theater act had to be 40 minutes long.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Whoolighams posted:

I used to think Winter Soldier was one of the good ones too until I rewatched it and realized how boring the direction was and turned it off halfway through

much like the last wwe show I watched :twisted:

It’s one of the most Grey movies I’ve ever seen.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yeah that was some bullshit. Also having to endure an Austin Theory match instead of getting LA Knight, which I think is worse. I'd rather deal with more Roman stuff than ever have to see Austin Theory on screen again.

I’m not even like crazy about La Knight but come on. The dude is over. Like it’s fine if you don’t want him to be champ but at least do something with him.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yeah 40 minutes was way too long. I'm also not really sure where it can go when Roman beats Jey. Roman then beats Jimmy? I dunno, it seems like they're set on extending this to Mania again and once more having Cody be the guy to face him in the main event, but how does that fit? It seems like they want to set up Solo to be their next guy, but how long will that take? And what exactly do you do with the Usos? They're super hot right now, but seems like they're now gonna lose in singles matches and not really do anything outside of fight Roman and Solo.

I saw a post on twitter that said booking wrestlers is harder than you think and like. It actually isn’t. In fact it’s really easy. Just make a guy win a bunch and have cool matches and have him say cool things.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean a good sign that WWE hasn't really changed and won't change is the current state of Sami. Guy who was the big reason business turned around and how Roman finally got over as a main event act and his reward if the company very much speed running him back to being another guy after the mania win. They probably don't even and will never admit to Sami being the key to the angle

Legit his stuff with bloodline was the most fun I had with a wwe angle in years. It reminded me of foley wanting to be in the corporation, and it just ends with him getting the tag titles which wwe famously doesn’t give any kind of poo poo about, and they’re back to just being mid card comedy guys.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’m just baffled people enjoy wwe beyond the bloodline angle. It seems like that’s the only coherent thing on the show and everything else is typical wwe poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vandar posted:

Can we talk about how 'Acknowledge me!' is like, the lamest loving catchphrase? It's supposed to be demanding or whatever but it comes off as so incredibly whiny.

I mean imo I think that’s the point and not inconsistent with Roman’s character. He’s a guy who demands respect and wants to be seen as the top dog but is also insanely insecure and abusive. The issue isn’t Roman I think he understands his gimmick. It’s that wwe wants to make him both the top heel and the top face. So even though Roman is being a baby the entire time and needed interference in everyone of his matches he’s presented by commentary as the most unstoppable destructive force in wwe.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Also it’s funny that the anti AEW people on twitter always talk about them destroying kayfabe and all that yet are the people calling for the bloodline angle to win Emmy’s and poo poo like that. Like openly talking about it as this fake angle where it’s them acting and this isn’t real. And like obviously it’s fake. It just makes me laugh.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

That DICK! posted:

When I first started to reach my wits end with wwe bs (gosh must be aught near 5-6 years now) I had fully moved into watching it “in the background” while I made dinner or did laundry or played video game. But for every 1 cool or surprising thing I’d happen to catch there were 15 things that made me mad. Wasnt even worth it as filler

Yeah there was a point where I was just getting upset while watching it and ranting. And I hated that I was letting it get to me like that so I just stopped watching.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

TheCool69 posted:

Not sure where else to post this but since title has Hitler on it and former WWF "name" and neo-nazi Tony Halme is featured in this, hell why not.

I was reading Observer Rewind 1995 and it had mention of "fake ufc" ppv event called Fight Zone... and my god we have the full show...

Basically it was sold as real underground fights but was actually stunt fights with fake blood and fake crowd (sound familiar?)

Hell Halme wins the match with DDT

But this poo poo is crazy awful good. 90 Van Damme fights, vagually racist gimmicks (latino street thug?) And truly awful commentating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH2VODfVmGI

This rocks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
All of Romans shirts look like poo poo you buy at the athletic section at like a Kohls or something. Just the most boring rear end poo poo.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s insane to think about how fun and interesting the Sami stuff was when he was with Bloodline. It added a whole new dynamic while building up a babyface to dethrone Roman like it was actually fun and cool, then they just beat him and that’s it. No one cares anymore.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Kennel posted:

I mean their numbers have just grown after that, so sadly I'm not sure if that's true.

I meant no one cares about Sami anymore.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I’ve been saying it for a while but I think WWE wants Roman to be both the top face and top heel of the company. That’s why his character is a heel but the commentary treats him as this ultimate wrestling god. They just can’t envision a world where Roman isn’t on top in some capacity.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

yea ok posted:

59k, actual attendance 50k

Wwe in the mud.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It’s like. I can understand buying 400 dollar tickets. It’s pricey but I can see it as a hey it’s a special occasion why not splurge kind of thing. The moment you get above 1000 I’m not even sure what’s happening anymore. 10 grand for one ticket?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pylons posted:

They removed the jags belt

They sold out apparently

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think people are buying them for the meme or they think it’ll be worth something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I hate when wwe does this poo poo. Couldn’t figure out how to work it properly so you just make it to where you can only make it look corny.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yea Cody vs Dom is on paper a great feud because they have similar backgrounds but Dom hates his dad and Cody worships his. Dom needs a solid in ring feud to cement him as a top player, he has the heat now he needs the meat.

The problem with Dom is that they keep having him wrestle like a high flying lucha guy and he sucks rear end at it. In lucha he’d be a great base but because it’s wwe and no one works lucha there he should just lean into being bigger and just start hitting dudes hard. He only lands like 30 percent of his acrobatic stuff so why even have him keep doing it.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
America the beautiful is better than the national anthem. National anthem sucks rear end.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Orange Carlisle posted:

pillman jr doesn't have the charisma or the speaking ability his dad had

he'll never leave the failsons stable it doesn't matter how many times he changes companies

It’s going to be so funny to see them try and give him the loose cannon gimmick to a guy who has no charisma in a PG environment. Is he gonna tell the NXT universe that he’s gonna take his dick out and piss on them?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite Sami Story is him seeing Ron Jeremy do stand up and him just telling him he loving sucks.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I asked him to chop me at pwg and he said i wouldnt be able to take it :(

At PWG I told him how the only time I’ve ever seen Thatcher really smile is when he is chopping the poo poo out of someone and he laughed.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Sandman McMahon posted:

That’s some really good wrestling right there!!

It fuckin entertainment it’s what brings actual people to watch the product you freaking marks!!!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rotinaj posted:

Isn’t that a shirt his dad used to wear, or very close to it?

I definitely recognize it. I guess they are trying to split the difference between acknowledging who he is and trying to give him a fresh start with the name?

It’s the shirt juicy j wore in the Stay Fly video. But with white skulls instead of green ones.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
When you watch the Rey clip I’m pretty convinced Rey would have been perfectly fine. He had his hands up his rotation seemed fine. It was 100 percent Logan’s fault for not being in the right spot. They’re just lucky Logan is really strong and athletic. Like I’m not even mad at him for being in a bad spot it’s his 8th match ever. But the PR campaign about how he’s some sort of hero for the catch is so corny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

He is crazy good at wrestling it’s just a shame he’s also Logan Paul

I still don’t think he’s crazy good at wrestling. He’s good at doing some moves but he’s not a good wrestler