Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

They even killed off Eric Young at the end of last year just so HHH could sign him and do nothing with him, so the comedy isn't even limited to just being onscreen

How are they meant to use him if he's dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

Yeah...yeah! Hit em! Punch em! Yeah good, good, put em in a choke. *heavy breathing* HIT EM! DO A TAKEDOWN. YEAH GOOD!

Was Shane getting aroused?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They should have Uncle Howdy beat Roman in a Soda Match

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

If he wins MITB, even if he doesn't win the title, would he still be the most successful person to come out of a Bray feud?

Bryan Danielson lost his feud with Bray and then main eventer WMXXX and won 3 months later.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Isn't Edge already in the HoF?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m pretty sure Cody’s penis works fine and I think the advertisement should be switched around because I have always suspected Roman has erectile dysfunction.

Chodey Loads indeed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Has Eddie Edwards spent any time in WWE? because this clearly looks to be made by a deranged WWE fan except for Edwards being in there.

He might have done some jobber appearances maybe, like Eric Young, Moxley, Danielson and Bobby Roode did back in the day.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gavok posted:

The timeline went like this:

- June 11: Raw ends with Vince's limo exploding. The show is a Draft episode and involves Benoit (of SmackDown) losing to ECW Champion Bobby Lashley, which immediately leads to Benoit getting drafted to ECW. In that episode, Lashley gets drafted to Raw and has to vacate the ECW title.

- June 15: Sherri Martel dies of a drug overdose at 49.

- June 18: Raw involves Stephanie coming to the ring to do a heartfelt eulogy of her father, which is heavily booed. There is criticism for the storyline in light of Sherri's death days earlier and the whole thing just felt like it was in bad taste.

- June 19: Benoit has his last match, beating Elijah Burke in the semifinals of an ECW title tournament. Show ends with a face-to-face with CM Punk, hyping their big PPV title match.

- June 22-24: The Benoit horrors happen. He was supposed to compete at Vengeance, but they instead claim that he had a family emergency and replace him with Johnny Nitro.

- June 25: Vince announces on Raw that the Benoit family was found dead, so he canceled the storyline and sent all the fans home. Raw then becomes increasingly awkward for the next three hours.

- June 26: Vince starts ECW with an apology for the previous night.

He was set to win the belt against Punk as well wasn't he? I've often wondered what would have happened had he turned up to Vengeance after he'd murdered his family, did the match and won the title as planned while everyone thought everything was tickety-boo back home.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kennel posted:

Polka Dot Belt

It's a rubber chicken tied to a belt strap.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gonz posted:

I have not.

*goes to look*

:stare:

Now think about the belt it replaced.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Technowrite posted:

ITS TIME TO PLAY "WRESTLING BELT OR MAN'S GAPING ANUS"!

The WM17 “Lemmy forgot the lyrics” version of that song sure was wild.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I can't wait to see Roman with his three belts like he's the WWE's answer to Misawa in the 90s.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

So what exactly is happening? Is there a tournament for the new belt or did HHH not say?

Do a tournament on Raw that builds to Cody winning the final at Night of Champions. As he wins the final, HHH comes out and declares that now he's going to have his match for the belt against Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar murders Cody in about 5 seconds.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Why does everyone think Brock is getting this belt? Brock is going over Cody at Backlash before Cody beats The Miz for the TNT title

Because Cody having what is ostensibly a vanity belt made for him, only to fall flat on his face at the final hurdle again - only this time to the other absentee perpetual champion - is the funnier option.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

He's publicly talked poo poo about Miz a lot, all the more jarring considering how Miz went out of his way to sing his praises on the Punk doco WWE did back in the day.

The only poo poo talk Miz has publicly done regarding Punk has been in response to Punk's apparently one-sided beef.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That DICK! posted:

this wasnt a problem when the wrestlers still used ICOPRO

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

Just... why?

I keep thinking about the Impact clips that get posted on here via Twitter vs WWE ones, and honestly, at least the Impact ones make me think "oh, maybe I should check them out sooner or later." Nothing from the WWE clips does that for me.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hammond Egger posted:

He'd probably be feuding with Jeff Jarrett if he was still in AEW.

Jeff Jarrett displaying his Double-M A repertoire against Brock while Sonjay Dutt obnoxiously cheers him on would be pretty entertaining though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

Melzter says the plan is for Rhodes vs Reigns 2 at Wrestlemania.

Oh really? In which case, I hope to god they put that ugly-as-sin fake Big Gold on Cody at some stage so that we get this

edogawa rando posted:

I can't wait to see Roman with his three belts like he's the WWE's answer to Misawa in the 90s.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1666266781432856576?s=20

Uhhh did someone say #dreammatch? NXT Shawn Michaels is giving us the real Forbidden Door.

Why's his face so swollen up and shiny and why does he look like Kramer from that episode of Seinfeld where he fell asleep in a tanning bed?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wanna see Cody rock a neck chicken before I die

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

oldpainless posted:

The brand split has been going on over two decades and they still can’t get it right

I mean, they struggle to plan and write stories on the long term. Like, there have been long-term stories like Rock and Cena Twice In A Lifetime, where a story was told over 3 Manias (and even then, I feel like I'm being hugely generous here - Rock and Cena talk mess to each other going into Mania 27, leading to Rock costing Cena the title in the main event, then Rock beats Cena at 28, Rock goes into 29 as champion and Cena beats him, avenging his loss the previous year - for a 3+ year storyline, there's really only 4 or 5 major plot points), but for the most part, they really can't get a lot of basic poo poo right. It's like the way they handle tag teams, where it's like as soon as they're put together, they already start planning on splitting them up, rather than letting them built up to be a team.

Astro7x posted:

There is nothing wrong with rebranding the Raw and SD women’s titles and keeping each lineage. They dumb mistake was making them show specific.

Yep. Something like:

Raw
World Heavyweight (Big Gold)
US Heavyweight
World Tag Team
World Women's Championship (make a new belt based on Big Gold)
World Women's Tag Team

Smackdown
WWE Championship
Intercontinental
WWE Tag Team
WWE Women's Championship
WWE Women's Tag Team

No show-specific branding, and allows for seamless swapping. Either that, or make the champions exempt from the draft.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 11, 2023

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

edogawa rando posted:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wait, Logan Paul is in the MITB match? Hahaha wtf

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Chris Jericho was also in Jay and Silent Bob Reboot as a hilarious punchline predicated on his recognizability, and even made it into Terrifier 2 which was a surprising smash success. He was a big name during wrestling's hottest period and his star has kept its shine. Roman is still contained in the WWE bubble outside of cameos in Fast movies.

Fozzy has been asked to appear on compilation and cover albums and sells tickets on its own name, somehow. Yeah I'd say he's more recognizable to most.

Chris Jericho once got mentioned during an Indian domestic T20 cricket league game. I've yet to hear Roman Reigns get mentioned during an IPL broadcast.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Island Nation posted:

Roman doesn't even sniff the top 10 of wrestlers known to the general public. You have to be known in things people could've seen. My rough idea is this but it changes constantly:

Rock (no contest)
Hogan
Cena
Austin
Flair (Ric obviously)
Savage
Ba(u)tista
Andre
Goldberg
Piper

Brock and Ronda are better known for MMA. Taker didn't do much in public due to wanting to keep kayfabe so his Q score suffers here. Jericho has hosted a game show and been on DWTS but Judas isn't the chart topper people in the bubble think it is. I really wanted to put in HHH up there but Blade Trinity doesn't hold a candle to They Live in the public collective. Ventura is better known for acting and commentary and that whole inexplicable rise to MN governor but not his wrestling.

Hell, depending on how successful it really was to the public and not propped up by NBCUniversal, people in Total Divas/Bellas could be more popular among reality show fans. Miz falls in here too.

Also, remember the golden age of mainstream wrestling took off in popularity not due to Hulkamania but because Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper once shared a airplane and a strange but lucrative connection was formed.

Batista wins because he appeared on Neighbours.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Was Karrion Kross NXT champ when he got a stupid helmet+mask combo put on his head and beat by Jeff Hardy in 2 minutes?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Assign a poster to write a “So You Want To Get Into WWE” primer guide to help the clueless here out

Just Sean Lock's bits on loop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfFSxyrCnLk&t=58s

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

My god, we've turned into an AEW-themed TNA Asylum. “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

I can't wait for the photo of a disinterested and mildly embarrassed Ricky Starks holding up the cheap PSP Lifetime Achievement Award plaque while wearing an NWA cap.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So who's going to fake their death for some reason?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

There's a world of difference between saying "I have no faith in Vince McMahon booking an Asian man in a way that isn't racist, based on his track record" and whatever... that was.

Also, I have no faith in Vince McMahon's ability to book an Asian man in a way that isn't horrifically racist, based on his track record.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Silly fantasy booking: Butch has to win back the rights to every letter in his name like that one Harlem Heat feud

Bad fantasy booking: Butch has to say the n-word on live TV like that one time Vince McMahon happened to come across John Cena backstage at Survivor Series 2005. Also Booker T and Sharmell were there, because of course they were.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Remember that time he heeled on a British crowd by telling them their next PM will be Pakistani?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Speaking of stupid things, has Bray Wyatt done anything since whenever? Has he even been on TV?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

zetamind2000 posted:

he's fallen pretty far since his feud with randy orton

So he’s exclusively wrestle LA Knight and not even been on TV since the Rumble? Money well spent, I see.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Draw-minik

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

Charlotte got a lot of good hype because she showed up and could do handstand flips and wasn't terrible unlike so many children of stars, but then she didn't improve at all for a decade.

There's also a lot of the regular resentment and pushback against her, deserved-or-otherwise, based on her being booked the same way that Homer coached Bart's football team. It's just that while Cena did eventually get better (and I'd argue was much better than he was often made out to be in the mid-2000s), like you've said, Charlotte has basically stagnated as a wrestler, not to mention that there's evidence that people really don't want to see her at all. Hasn't she regularly been ratings poison when she deigns to turn up and get herself shoehorned into the title picture?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Perhaps, but attacking and ragdolling a concussed colleague because she MUST GET HER poo poo IN to the point where the other participants in the match have to work to separate her from the injured person is supremely hosed, and that's entirely on her.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

another very good and well deserved receipt was when shane started potatoing people with his stupid punches so chris jericho dropkicked his face off to get him to calm down

Or that time Vader rocked Shamrock to get him to stop throwing potatoes for a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vandar posted:

I've never had curry. What's it like?

Every curry dinner goes like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIR-UVen9uc