Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I mean, Trish ALWAYS had the look going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1648400697657032706?s=20

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Drew Carey is in the Hall of Fame, and as much as I like the guy, if he's in then ANYONE can be in.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

And as for the company behind Okato, they don't get to laugh at wasting young talent.

Impact is a completely different company than what it was when Okato was there.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shard posted:

What is it that nxt does that makes their training so hard on their knees and is it actually needed to learn to be a wrestler or stay in shape to be a wrestler?

From my understanding it's because the performance center doesn't tailor their workouts and training to individuals, it's all the same thing for everyone, and that same thing is endless amounts of drills drills drills over and over again, the kind of training and working out that puts heavy strain on your body.

Honestly it's a miracle they don't even more injuries than they already do.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

UnleashedDad posted:

To be fair while it did take ten years, he is the ultimate endboss in WWE now and all business metrics are up from this long title reign. <ight be bored by it but the WWE fans are eating it up so what the gently caress do I know.

Business is up but that's largely due to the Saudi deal and the momentum of the WWE brand itself and I'm not even sure if you can credit Roman for that.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Roman is the least interesting part of the Bloodline by a really wide margin.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/WrestleOps/status/1653602051740299267?t=1X01vdP6aOAVh9NbR4l_sQ&s=19

Some good news for once.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

emjayo posted:

i liked cody when he had that wwe.com series with wade barrett and it was just funny nonsensical bits

That was when they took over The JBL and Cole Show, which IMO is one of the best things the company has done in the modern era.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

I am still sad that they never made the "Southpaw" wrestling series 3 that they teased with this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63WvaM7E0u4

And as a thought experiment, I sometimes like to think what Southpaw would have been like with Vince's involvement.

I'm pretty sure Southpaw 3 exists *somewhere,* they just didn't put it out because they released everyone in it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Jinder Mahal Vs odyssey Jones*

*I have no clue if this guy is any good, but he’s a new face and you have to start pushing new guys eventually

https://www.sescoops.com/news/odyssey-jones-transphobic-post

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

Yeah. The show stopped being stupid and became boring instead. Then it went back to being stupid.

Nah it was still stupid.

People just liked to pretend that it wasn't because HHH was bringing back all the fan favorites that Vince let go!!!! and he let people say words like wrestler and hospital!!!11

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Nah, it'll be a surprise returning Dan Ryckert.

GOD IF ONLY.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

He was referring to anyone discussing the Saudi plane incident negatively as an idiot and then flipped out in the Streetbeefs thread, admitting that he was working as a teacher for Vision 2030. And he would go into recovery threads and call people pussies.

BRING BACK THE STREETBEEFS THREAD DAMMIT

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Drakkel posted:

And that'll mark the halfway point in the journey of Butch turning back into Pete Dunne

Which is yet just one small part of Kane's plan to destroy the Undertaker once and for all.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

honestly i find them leaning into heel Roman and just giving him endless wins and belts far more entertaining than before the Bloodline started to split up. I wish they'd lean into it more and just give him the tag belts then take the women's belts and then go to NXT and take the belts there then invade UFC and do a worked match where he wins a UFC belt and then onto the NBA and then

Y'know, Konami used to give the winners of certain Yugioh tournaments title belts to carry...

All I'm saying is, y'know...we hook Roman up with a Yugioh deck, teach him how to play, get a few more belts around his waist...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Jiro posted:

Hieroglyphs on a belt and giving a gold finish works out pretty well.

Honestly I think the first three all look pretty solid.

Better belts than the WWE has had in ages anyway.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

Hieroglyph belt looks sick, Orichalcos belt....okay, I get what they were going for at least, what the zippidy doo da are the other two? An Exodia belt and.......???????

Exodia and Neos.

Yeah I didn't realize it was Neos either until I looked it up. It's not great!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

With the Grease prequel series available to stream now, it's a fine time to bring Deuce and Domino back.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

YOU HEARD ME.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease:_Rise_of_the_Pink_Ladies

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rhonne posted:

Disappointed to find out this show has nothing to do with Bill Goldberg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjGKi47ES7w

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The eventual payoff for the New Day/Usos feud is still a moment so good that I can't believe it came from the WWE.

Big E and Xavier struggling through a tag team gauntlet match to ensure that Kofi gets his title shot. There are only two teams left, but Big E and Xavier look like absolute poo poo, too beat down and exhausted to keep fighting for much longer.

The Usos music hits. Xavier and Big E realize how hosed they are that their biggest rivals are up next.

And then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiwjNtOoUqU

Just way too loving good of a moment to have come out of the WWE.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

Zelina Vega was rehired specifically to get at Malakai Black and I won’t be convinced otherwise

...but Malakai was still with the WWE when they rehired Zelina?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The WWE sometimes does have good matches but it's not worth sitting through the sevens hours of content they put out every week trying to find it (Raw + Smackdown + NXT + Main Event) when maybe 15~20ish minutes of that time is worth it, AT BEST.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I can't believe you guys are claiming Cody feuding with Rick Boogs in NXT is making him look bad, OK he got his rear end kicked by Boogs 7 weeks straight but he also gave him the middle finger and cut a 10 minute promo about him, so just wait until they finish the story.

Cody in a few months:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAi7-8vm9RU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, again, the crowd was into it and there were a lot of chants that they played off of.

I do think it should've been at least half the time, but it's funny to see people who didn't watch it say it must be bad, but the live audience was into it the entire time.

These are the same people that still cheer for Vince.

A WWE crowd being into something doesn't mean it's good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

lol at this forum being incapable of accepting that things they don't like can be good and enjoyed by others

This forum when a crowd enjoys a segment and it gets good ratings: "well actually nobody liked it and it wasn't good even though I didn't watch it but still post about it for some reason"

Just because people like something and it gets a good reaction doesn’t mean it’s good.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So you want a thread where people can earnestly discuss how good things are in WWE, but you also want people to make fun of WWE because it's not very good, but you don't want people "shitposting" about WWE. I think that about covers it

E: oh almost forgot, you don't want people who don't actually watch WWE to talk about WWE

I want to be able to win things from watching.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Genuinely what is there to discuss about the WWE product?

Like sure LA Knight is fun and sometimes they have good matches despite themselves but the entire company is a miasma of bad booking and making GBS threads on fan favorites.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MJeff posted:

Buddy this whole thing started because you were annoyed that we weren't acknowledging the tribal chief.

Can we talk about how 'Acknowledge me!' is like, the lamest loving catchphrase? It's supposed to be demanding or whatever but it comes off as so incredibly whiny.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

What's Cody Rhodes up to recently? All I know is he beat Dominik at the last pape

I'll give you one guess who he's dealing with again and I'll give you a hint:

His name rhymes with Smock Smesnar.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dick Swiveller posted:

Who was the last wrestler in the mens division in the WWE who the crowd were majority behind and this led not only to a big moment but also a sustained change in status of the wrestler to "this guy is a big deal"?

I say mens division because through grapevine poo poo I gather they're a little better at establishing women. Could be wrong on this.

Women in the WWE only get established in order to get fed to Charlotte, Ronda, or Bianca.

sleep with the vicious posted:

I said no and changed the topic as fast as i could, because it was during that period there was like a schoolgirl doll(?) Themed SuperstarTM on NXT and they all were laughing about it, and me being a wrestling nerd needs to be kept deep in the shadows full of shame like god intended

She was a Japanese schoolgirl who had an honest to god magic amulet that turned her into a magical girl when she made her entrance and it's just as awful as it sounds.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Testekill posted:

https://twitter.com/WrestlePurists/status/1678941829830516737

So they're really going all in on bad dinner theatre.

https://twitter.com/BasilCabana/status/1678826238872285198?s=20

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cthulu Carl posted:

There's that... I dunno is it like a Wrestling College faction? They started the wave going in one of the matches.

Chase U. They’re kind of cool and they’re fun to watch but wow that gimmick won’t work on the main roster.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

This company can’t capitalize on anything that happens organically.

How long until LA Knight fizzles out?

I don't think he CAN fizzle out.

Dude came out of the Uncle Howdy Mountain Dew match more over than ever before. That's impressive.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Does anyone have the reversed NXT invasion gif handy?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

No, the reverse of the one where NXT was invading Raw and they had like, the stupid DX 'tank'. Someone reversed it so they're all walking backwards and leaving.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's the one! Thank you!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

Kevin Nash put people over and didn't intentionally hurt people

edit: maybe she didn't intentionally deadlift Kairi into a table and slap her for being concussed, maybe she's just dumb as hell

...are we talking about the same Kevin Nash here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rarity posted:

Imagine watching Raw when you could be watching Barbie and still have 45 mins free to whip up a nice curry

I've never had curry. What's it like?