Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Barry Bluejeans posted:

lol check the username, that's absolutely Brian Cage's account

Hell yeah gonna buy a Blu Ray copy of "Enough Said" starring James Gandalfini and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss from Brian Cage :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Island Nation posted:

^ Wikipedia shows it grossed $80M on a $85M budget so no ^

Does The Scorpion King count?
drat, The Rundown is shockingly enjoyable.

And yeah, Scorpion King counts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Didn't Kane have an in-kayfabe storyline with Oculus, as well?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheKingslayer posted:

Adam Rose had an encounter with the Oculus mirror
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHc-bpXBhKQ

The woman in the sailor hat visualized herself as Women's Champion and then it became true

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hammond Egger posted:

No way, Cody is going to win... by Lesnar being disqualified for kicking too much rear end. Then they'll have a follow up stipulation match preventing outside interference that Lesnar will lose because of outside interference. Coincidentally enough this would have been the exact booking for Cody even if he had won the title, right down to the Bloodline still being in the actual main event.

Losing for kicking too much rear end might be my favorite Fedism

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

More football robot imo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bartok posted:

Isn't Bam Bam Bigelow a noticeable absence from the HoF? He main evented a Wrestlemania and he had the best ending in WWF: Wrestlemania The Arcade game. Bam Bam becomes a fire elemental and incinerates the entire arena and everyone in it.

It's because that ending happened IRL and they don't want to be associated with that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is there a storyline reason for a championship? "ROMAN-UHHH IS JUST TOO-UHHH POWERFUL-UHHHH SO WE MADE-UHHHH A NEW CHAMPIONSHIP-UHHHH"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This doesn't have any NWA or WCW title lineage other than looking kind of like it if you squint really hard.

The WCW championship lineage (and the NWA lineage up until WCW split) was merged with the WWE/F lineage when Chris Jericho became Undisputed Champion. *That* championship eventually became the WWE Championship when HHH created the World Heavyweight Championship out of the ether so he could hold a belt (represented by a slightly modified Big Gold Belt) while the real one was on Smackdown. Those then merged together by Orton to become the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, which was shortened back to just WWE Championship when they debuted the current belt (the black one). Then the Universal Championship was created from the ether to give Raw a belt while the real one was on Smackdown (sound familiar?). That one has swapped brands and colors and Roman currently holds it.

And like, I get that it's wrestling so everything is exactly as prestigious and real as they want it to be, but if Cody's story is to win the big one his father never won, this ain't it.

This also raises the question of who drafts Roman. He's now textually the greatest Superstar of all time, but also doesn't actually have to wrestle. You have first pick: do you take him?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

so did they basically retire the WWE Championship or
I guess they renamed it to the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship. Whether this means Roman carries two belts or the brand-colored one or a brand new one remains to be seen, I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I am glad they are acknowledging that the Tribal Chief is just so cool and powerful that no one can defeat him so Loser Cody can get the fake, made-up belt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Definitely, with the added bonus of those who stay being the absolute most loyal idiots for you to cull in the layoffs

It's going to be the most loyal and the worst performers who can't get a job elsewhere.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't believe they forgot about Shanky

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Majinfoose posted:

Jay White is All Elite

Stop posting this FUD he's appearing on Raw any day now

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want Dolph Ziggler to show up at some random indie show in a rec center since he's a free agent

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

100% chance Lacy Evans is writing a children's book to be published by Brave Books

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Alicia Fox has changed her social media bios indicating that she's gone from WWE. Which is surprising, since I thought she was gone years ago.

She had been under a Legends contract for awhile, but I guess they ended that, too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

So Paul's year-long plan to change Butch's name back to Pete Dunne hasn't happened yet?

I was really hoping they'd do a reverse name removal thing:

He's Butch Dunne for six months and starts growing his hair back out

Then Pete "Butch" Dunne for another six, and switches to a singlet but still wears the hat

Then he drops the Butch and he's just Pete Dunne again and stops wearing the hat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sorry for the derail, I knew she went to Fox News and that she sucks but I was honestly floored by how she was basically the leading voice in the segment and her whole deal basically seems to be transphobia

She actually went to uh Offkick? Onkick? Some alt-right sports outlet. Fox News just has her on because she can talk about the filthy liberals in ESPN refusing to let her talk about trans people.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stone Punkbull 141 posted:

He's lost. He's in limbo now.
It's a limbo-like dimension, actually.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

I thought the writers were on strike

I can assure you WWE does not hire union writers

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

I know we've been over this a bunch of times already, but hey guys, how loving funny is it that WWE chose to not put this guy over at Wrestlemania in favor of a guy who's not even on this show.

Why would Roman be on this show? He's canonically too cool and powerful to have to wrestle on the wrestling show

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Lotta people have convinced themselves that HHH has completely changed every facet of the company overnight despite the facts that A) a lotta their worst practices are poo poo he'd have no control over anyway, B) Most of Vince's biggest stooges are still in the same positions doing the same poo poo as always or were replaced by guys like Road Dogg which is a lateral move at best, C) Vince is the guy who taught HHH everything he knows about running creative and D) Vince is still in charge and actively loving with everything anyway

A lot of people still believe D is a lie told by Shave Seltzer.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Climbing onto the roof before climbing down to deliver a suplex

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

While the world title thing is extremely dumb, the tag title thing is only moderately dumb since the tag titles are cross branded anyway atm so that's really the only way for them to work. Still dumb to write yourself into the position though.

Um, no, they can keep the tag titles to the holders' brand and then have them fight the other brand at Survivor Series, then only night of the year when Raw and Smackdown Superstars get to face off in battles for brand supremacy!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love interacting with war criminals almost as much as brands

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope he starts doing yes chants

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Look at this duuuude

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah even if WWE wants to pretend it's the old lineage, it's not. Roman is carrying that one around

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm the apostrophe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Roman only working 10 dates over the summer and they still keep the belt on him lamo

That's what happens when you're the coolest, most powerful WWE Superstar of all time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Alright Roman, here's your schedule: New York, New Orleans, Mexico City, London, and....Wilke-Barre, PA"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I just think it is funny that they called it the Undisputed whatever while having another World Championship

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

The real trick to getting tattoos is getting a pizza reaper.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cavauro posted:

no. she's an exceptionally seasoned vet

Good, nothing worse than a white people vet

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I was surprised Austin Theory wasn't in the ring when he mentioned someone making videos for 14 year old girls

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

Randy Savage put over Harvey the Wonder Hamster because he's a goddamn boy hamster.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

I've heard it's a progressive nation. With a boardwalk.

It's true. They even let women drive now!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope The Rock actually returns and wears The Necklace and everyone bows to him and tells him how good and cool he is and how he's the true Tribal Chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cinematic