Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Somehow he found a way to sound like The Rock doing a Stone Cold impression doing an impression of The Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Alan_Shore posted:

Especially Sami and KO, who I pray every day come to AEW but they love money too much

I can't fault guys with families taking the "guaranteed financial security" route over the "well off, but not enough money to guarantee my family is well-cared for after I can't wrestle anymore" route. Yes, I'd love to see what they can do in AEW too, but it's pretty clearly not about the money specifically for both of them.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Quantum of Phallus posted:

AEW WISH they had a story a quarter as good as the Bloodline

They did... it's just that Hangman holding the World Title was kind of a letdown compared to him chasing Kenny Omega.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Digital Jedi posted:

Still say screw it and let Roman break all the records (even though it's not for the same belt)

He broke Pedro Morales' record a 12 days ago
198 more days to pass Bruno
435 more days to pass Hogan's
1096 more days to pass Backlund
1764 more days to pass Bruno

It's just 5 more years of Roman!
Probably never going to get a chance like this again I bet so just go for it

1764 days would be May 2nd, 2028, so... Roman would drop it at Summer Slam 2028? Or Money in the Bank?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Chris James 2 posted:

Last I ever heard publicly updated about it was him denying the claim that he didn't have enough for it that year (2018) but did have nearly double that amount for gifts for Jojo. It'd been 5 years since by now and never went further in the courts, so I'm assuming they'd settled the matter

His ex-wife was praising him on Father's Day 2019 for being a great dad after the divorce and even getting along really well with her new boyfriend, helping him be a good stepdad to their two daughters. They had made up, sounds like, but it did take arbitration to figure out a number on Bray's child support.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah they should let Jade keep her name. Or at the very least, keep her first name and only change the last name.

She could just go by Jade Phillips, her husband's last name.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

We tried to warn/tell you. There's a reason you heard next to nothing of upset AEW fans over him leaving.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Blasmeister posted:

How much will he have left after this? Is he taking his ball and leaving?

Supposedly he has 28 million shares before this so he'll still have ~20 million shares.

Edit: wait, is Trump going to sell him Mar a Largo so it doesn't get seized by New York in the fraud trial?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Can NY seize property in Florida?

Don't think they can seize it, but they can force it to be auctioned off to pay his fines and penalties from the 250 million dollar fraud civil case.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

BrigadierSensible posted:

I may be the only human alive to say this. But I like Baron Corbin.

Sadsack Corbin with a stain on his shirt was lovely. I also liked Happy Corbin and his silly hat.

He is also hugely entertaining and charismatic in his UUDD cameos. Which to me showcase how much WWE can suck the life/energy/charisma from anyone. Because him mucking about with his mates having fun, is so much more compelling than him actually wrestling and/or "performing"

However saying that. All criticisms of him being poo poo and useless are true and valid. I just have bad taste.

I basically have to like him. I went to the same college as him before he went to WWE. I mean, we weren't like friends or anything, just met a few times at parties and I knew of him because of the football team, but yeah. I can't give him too much poo poo, either.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Maduo posted:

Cena should put Punk through the firefly funhouse match

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

With an extra large pizza

No, this really calls for Sombai, Cambodian rice wine.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

maruhkati posted:

Being in the Fed, he always has to try to have a gimmick, and it is always the most cringe thing possible.

I can't imagine he leaves. He's a company man and his wife is there.

They might leave together. What is really left for Becky to do? Who else can she wrestle? Short of Sasha Banks coming back and getting the 4-way 4 Horsewomen match at Mania 41, what does she have left to do?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Hell I'll quote Mox himself:

I can't recommend the book highly enough, especially the audiobook which is read by Mox himself. The best wrestling book I've ever read.

The audiobook is an 8-hour long Mox promo. The book itself is just a transcript.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pope Corky the IX posted:

EDIT: And his tequila loving sucks. I enjoyed Ryan Reynolds basically telling him that to his face while they were doing publicity for that egg movie.

Teremana just really isn't that great. Clooney's tequila was great stuff, loved using it in a margarita, but Teremana ain't it.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Alaois posted:

Tiller Bucktrot is the most University of Tulsa rear end name that's ever been

It sure sounds like a name they'd have used in one of the Key & Peele East-West game sketches.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Astro7x posted:

Stranger Things Season 4 cost $270M, and is the most expensive show they have and has over 1 billion hours viewed.

WWE gets $500M per year.

How many episodes in a season of Stranger Things? 12? 270M/12 hours, vs 500M/(3 hours per week * 52 weeks). Hardly going to break that number.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

The Cameo posted:

You know, Bray depicting Vince with ever-constant devil horns anytime he showed up in a Firefly Funhouse seems a lot more potent after this past week than it did before

Well, drat. Yeah, it does hit harder.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

a.lo posted:

Please don’t fire Paul he has a bad heart

Would you settle for a massive paycut, loss of all stock options, mandatory sensitivity training, and never doing a press conference very again?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Will Philly chant "Die Rocky Die"?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

https://twitter.com/LoganPaul/status/1753978337817420271?t=TVC_IKB0DQ0cy-KXed49rQ&s=19

Pissing off other high profile members of your roster... maybe not the best idea.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

If this all just ends up being an attempt to consciously engineer another Daniel Bryan Mania 30 main event, it would be quite well done.

But that would require the WWE creative team to know what they're doing and not step on their own dicks.

What's the simpler answer here: WWE is making a massive mistake, or they're being smart in how they book this?

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

MassRafTer posted:

Logan Paul is doing something for "clout" he doesn't actually care.

He has Prime, and the Rock has Zoa. There's a potential point of competition there between them.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

a.lo posted:

We are back to "die rocky die" chants tonite on RAW

"We Want Cody"
"Die, Rocky, Die!"

The cadence of the two chants do fit well together, just saying...

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

projecthalaxy posted:

I used to be a big fan of The Rock and his Hollywood career. He, along with John Cena, were my favorite actors in Hollywood. John Cena has moved up to #1 after The Rock's disappointing display of selfishness at the Wrestlemania 40 presser.

The Rock slapped Cody Rhodes after Cody Rhodes, according to The Rock, disrespected and talked about his and Roman Reigns' family, their bloodline at the Wrestlemania presser. After some days for it to sink in, I have seen The Rock for who he really is.

I used the word, selfishness, earlier to describe The Rock. I used this word because we saw who Rock really is. Cody Rhodes mentioned weeks ago how he had a conversation with legends and that included The Rock, about what Cody should do at Wrestlemania. Cody even brought up this "wonderful conversation" at the presser. Cody decided not to face Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania at the time. Now that we have seen who the Rock really is, I am led to believe that The Rock lied to Cody Rhodes.

I believe the conversation that The Rock had with Cody Rhodes was all a way for The Rock to have Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania. His intention with his conversation with Rhodes, was to convince Cody Rhodes to step aside because I think Rock fears Cody can beat Roman Reigns. The Rock was in it for himself and didn't have Cody's best interest. Rock looked after Rock in the entirety of his conversation with Cody Rhodes. He wanted to create the historic moment of ending Roman Reigns' title reign, not Cody Rhodes.

How disappointing and selfish of The Rock. The Rock knows how much it means for Cody to finish the story and win the Undisputed Universal championship and win it for his dad, Dusty Rhodes. Cody Rhodes trusted The Rock and that's why he seeked The Rock out. Who would've known The Rock was using this conversation as a way to lie to Cody Rhodes and open the door for Rock to face Reigns at Wrestlemania?

As for the slap The Rock gave Cody Rhodes. Yeah, maybe Cody shouldn't talk about The Rock and Reigns' family. But Reigns literally mentioned Cody Rhodes' father, minutes before Rock slapped Cody. The Rock claims to have slapped Cody because he talked about their family. I don't buy that for a second. The Rock was pissed that Cody chose Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania and now The Rock has nothing to do at Wrestlemania.

Don't rip off u/rb_Reigns unless you are rb_Reigns. At least source your quotes.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Sex Farm posted:

Do you know some wrestlers or something?

Stab is IRL friends with a large number of wrestlers from the Montreal area. I'll leave it to the man himself to name drop if he wants to, but yes, including a couple of guys who could have gone to AEW but both decided to stay in WWE for that SLOM.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Open Marriage Night posted:

Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the DX supplicants, they chose a new form for him - that of a giant SLOM! Many Punks and Jades knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of a SLOM that day, I can tell you!

:golfclap:

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Ganso Bomb posted:

What did Jennifer Pepperman actually do? Is there any notable stuff that was her idea/led by her/whatever? Or is it not really known what might have been her work?

Supposedly she was Sasha and Bayley's favorite writer and had a lot to do with the Smackdown women's division in general.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Suplex Liberace posted:

this wont play for me is orton gonna rko KO outta nowhere?

KO hits a Stunner on Austin Theory and Theory does an exaggerated sell of it right into an RKO.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Leviathan shortens to Levi easily enough, and Brixton just lends itself to the kid going by "Brick", but most of those are just terribleigh, err, terrible.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

TheKingslayer posted:

Man, the nonsense flat earth types have to explain pilots flying them around is too stupid for words.

"Has anyone ever flown across the South Pole? Exactly. It doesn't exist. The North Pole is just the center of the Flat Earth."

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Lamuella posted:

Because I'm That Guy: they have. Frequently. It's just not a particularly efficient route for many commercial flights. https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/speed-record-circumnavigate-intl-scli/index.html

Exactly. And they even offer tourist flights from Punta Arenas, Chile to the South Pole for absurdly high ticket prices, in addition to all of those flights necessary for the operation of the Amundsen-Scott station.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah the nakamura match was a solid mid-card match. Isn't main event, but was solid fun.

Shinsuke Nakamura is one of the all-time great NJPW wrestlers who had done basically all he could in Japan. After he moved to the US, he debuted with an all-time great match against Sami Zayn in NXT that was also Sami's last NXT match (seriously, go watch NXT Takeover Dallas from 2016 if you have a chance), and then basically stopped giving a crap, especially after making the main roster. Now all Nakamura really does is collect a large paycheck and go surfing on his days off. Otherwise, he's past really... well, caring.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Kvlt! posted:

the funniest part of Mania to me was the SHIELD intro playing and then its just Seth. Like they had to have known people wouldve expected Mox after that intro hit and instead of "oh Seths in his shield gear thats cool" it just emphasized the fact they couldnt get Mox.

His book has massive hate fueled rants against WWE and includes a dissertation on the best angle to eat a sandwhich from. Highly reccomended.

And the Audiobook of it is just an 8 hour long Mox promo. He might not be quite as opposed to a return now without Kevin Dunn, though. He *really* hates Kevin Dunn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

edogawa rando posted:

They sure do like their steadicam tracking shots, don't they?

Because they kinda rule? Especially as a statement of "Kevin Dunn for drat sure doesn't work here anymore!"