Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

If they want to kill the chicken thing just have Michael Cole talk about how it's taking the WWE Universe by storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

nick aldis lmfao

What is with HHH's obsession with TNA's main event scene during the 2010s?

bartok
May 10, 2006

would not be shocked if WWE Films had a chance to be as huge as Blumhouse but blew it

bartok
May 10, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

HHH's Ric Flair selling is a definite guilty pleasure of mine, as is Rocky struggling to take his shirt off at the end.

Vince won't want to use Cowboy though. It was already used by Jarrett, who is Capital G, Double O, Double N, Double E.

Goonnee?

bartok
May 10, 2006

mooseinfants posted:

I think Jeepers Creepers Brock is my new favorite wrestler. I hope he beats Cody and steals his neck tattoo

Surprised WWE Films never worked with Jeepers Creepers director Victor Salva he'd seem like a perfect fit.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Isn't Bam Bam Bigelow a noticeable absence from the HoF? He main evented a Wrestlemania and he had the best ending in WWF: Wrestlemania The Arcade game. Bam Bam becomes a fire elemental and incinerates the entire arena and everyone in it.

bartok
May 10, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Bigelow's only WWE main event program had him losing to a NFL player and he never really had close to that. Even by WWE's lax Hall of Fame standards that's not really good enough

He's an older name people remember fondly that's all you need to get into the WWE HoF.

bartok
May 10, 2006

xbilkis posted:

A 45 year old going to casually hang out at the place he used to work a decade ago where most of the people who still know him openly hate him...just classic normal guy stuff

what a carny dipshit

fake edit - punk not you

bartok
May 10, 2006

I for one am glad Punk got sober and is making amends for his past actions.

bartok
May 10, 2006

DeepDickPizza posted:

Did you explain to them that the reason we found out he was racist was on a sex tape where he was banging his friend's wife and whining about being bloated?

or that said friend was a Florida shock jock named Bubba the Love Sponge?

bartok
May 10, 2006

History Comes Inside! posted:

And Bart’s reward was to get knocked the gently caress out by a giant baby lol

is Butterbean okay?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Did the Fox robot show up?

It's name is Cleatus.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I hope he doesn’t win it and it goes to some jobber like Sami Zayn

Aren't they crowning the first champion at a Blood Money show? That would be interesting.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

Bret in Canada, Piper in Portland, Punk in Chicago, MJF on Long Island, Corbin à Paris

Baron Corbin is the Jerry Lewis of wrestling

bartok
May 10, 2006

Alicia Fox had an incredible Northern Lights Suplex they hosed up not making that her finisher.

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

They did it like a year ago. Kinda sucked.

That describes nearly every AJ Styles dream match in WWE.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Hirez posted:

He's so admitted that he'd murder his step dad if he wasn't already dead in that playboy interview. Was that pre or post Snuka just curiously.

Pretty sure it came out at the tail end of the Attitude Era well after Jimmy Snuka murdered Nancy Argentino.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Roddy Piper was 43 and Hulk Hogan was 44 during the infamous Age in a Cage match at Halloween Havoc '97.

bartok
May 10, 2006

all he needs to do is knee the guy in the head when he flips over the rope and I got no complaints

bartok
May 10, 2006

It's a shame we never got a Punk/Cody feud in AEW. That would have been a fun mess.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I like when Lance Archer does the rope walk into a moonsault because it's cool as hell.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Sandman McMahon posted:

Wow, starting to think this WWE company isn’t as bad as you guys always say. They’re continuing to influence the world!

They convinced me. I guess I'll watch my first RAW since the one where Dean Ambrose turned heel.

bartok
May 10, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/trillyrobinson/status/1657767105582989318?s=20

Why did I not realise NXT was the home of such innovative wrestling?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IL00aNvp7k

identical

bartok
May 10, 2006

Barry Bluejeans posted:

That's one element of the Von Erichs DSOTR episode that never sat well with me, the fact that there's very little time spent exploring the relationship between Fritz and his sons. The episode seems content to portray Fritz as a good man who could do nothing but watch as tragedy after tragedy befell his family, never raising the question as to whether his control over their lives made him at least partially responsible for their suffering.

I remember the Ultimate Warrior episode being far kinder than the recent A&E Biography of Ultimate Warrior which was produced by WWE.

bartok
May 10, 2006

forkboy84 posted:

Dunno, what possessed anyone that making an Eternals movie was a good idea? Maybe she got lost.

You bad mouth The Eternals now but I'm sure you were swept up in Kingo fever just like the rest of us when it came out.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The last comic book movie I saw was Guardians 3 and I'll go see that new Spider-Man cartoon too in a couple of weeks. Probably not going to see The Flash but Blue Beetle looks like it could be fun.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Trying posted:

Much like all wrestlers, Pratt was superior as a big chunky boy

big chunky boy like when he thought exposing his penis to Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones without their consent was a funny prank?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Gavok posted:

Green Jelly and red cartridges forever, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsXNIN-YH7M

bartok
May 10, 2006

cool can't wait to see them if they ever leave WWE

bartok
May 10, 2006

I thought it was pretty impressive that Brandi got the crowd to cheer Dan Lambert.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I like to think that Roman demanded to work a house show in Cincinnati because he loves the chili. Do you think the Tribal Chief is a Gold Star or Skyline guy?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Rarity posted:

Bring back Damien Sandow just to steal the briefcase off him again

he was on this season of I Think You Should Leave

bartok
May 10, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

His AEW deal expires after next month, perfect timing tbh

I hope he stays in AEW because Dustin is still kicking rear end at 54 and I always hated the Goldust character.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I started watching WWF during the beginning of the New Gen era but was always more of a WCW kid. I originally hated Goldust because I was a fan of The Natural but also the homophobic stuff was awful and while I didn't fully understand it I knew enough to be embarrassed by it. The comedy stuff Goldust did later was fine but it's hard for me to forget the crowd chanting the "F slur" during a lovely match against Razor Ramon back in the day.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

Excuse me?

you don't remember people goofing on CGI Jeff Garlin?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Alaois posted:

are you assuming anyone here watched The Goldbergs lmao

never saw a single episode myself just remember the image of CGI Jeff Garlin making the rounds

bartok
May 10, 2006

Ganso Bomb posted:

The movie poster is just as good

I wish a trailer existed but I didn't see one in my short search.

Neal McDonough solid character actor and was great on Justified but for some reason he is the go to guy they get to play the villain in DTV movies usually starring MMA Fighters/Pro Wrestlers or washed up former A list actors.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Jannetty just said the n-word on Facebook an hour ago :ohdear:

that's terrible but fairly mild as far Janetty controversies go like at least he didn't allegedly kill anyone again

bartok
May 10, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1666173114827395072

In some personally devastating news: 100 gecs has gone #NXTLOUD

Tony hosed up big time

he better hurry up and sign Turnstile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Cody should bring back the King of the Road match.