Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

East Hastings is like visiting a 3rd world country, it’s something else. I’ve only ever driven it, would never get out and walk that nightmare.
it's not a third world country, it's a first world country that gives all of its wealth to the richest people in it

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Oct 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

I’m so tired of cities hoovering in money for non-profits that do little to nothing.
good news the money is now being directed to a certain non-profit that will administer daily beatdowns until morale improves

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Slotducks posted:

love to not be able to hit the horn because im driving with my leather driving gloves on and smash into an emu
cut the fingers off those gloves, you'll fit in better with the tesla owners community

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Musk has already been open with climate change skepticism. He has talked about it a bunch of times.

he’s chiefly skeptical of any action to mitigate climate change other than buying his cars or paying him to drill tunnels that only his cars are allowed to drive in

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

shyduck posted:

17.99 years old: baby brain
18.00 years old: enlightened adult
oh don't worry about this little inconsistency. soon they will make it illegal to be trans at any age

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

drat, I wasnt expecting this but they still only said they're "pausing" their tweets and don't specify any criteria for unpausing, so probably in a week they will resume contributing content for Musk with their "woke trudeau propaganda" tag

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Peace. Peace? I hate the word.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1510502229219938306

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

please put it in the news as a top headline that we got mad

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

those jaw fillers, christ

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

musk and his co-investors in twitter are all mad about not being in the cool kids club in junior high

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I see they solved the bot problem on twitter

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

mcbexx posted:

Wait, if I understand correctly (at the 9 minute mark) , the plan to separate Starship from the booster was basically doing a loop-de-loop at mach+ speed and have the stress from the maneuver break the two apart?

I'm not a rocket scientist, but intuitively I would assume that's not particularly controlled and uh, the g-forces would probably kill any potential crew.

you won’t care

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i thought he'd thinned out a bit after those yachting photos came out but looks like hes back on the bloat

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

amazing innovative ideas being proposed

https://twitter.com/skaragiannis/status/1655336537213530115?s=20

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

love this stupid Pepe bot that replies to all his tweets

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Juul-Whip has issued a correction as of 17:09 on May 9, 2023

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

threaded replies will make my DMs so smooth and intuitive, thank you elon

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

loving cowards

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

sorry
https://twitter.com/MuratiAI/status/1662298266980040705?s=20

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

coconono posted:

Meme currencies are all the rage in the speculative end of crypto. Classic pyramid schemes.

Meanwhile people are actually dicking around with the web3/blockchain stuff and building interesting poo poo with it. Turns out having a public database that no one can unilaterally gently caress with is highly useful.
what’s the source of this hilariously dumb quote? don’t leave us hanging

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

increasingly I am not clicking on twitter embeds or links. not watching twitter videos I see posted. unless the poster makes a convincing case for watching it I’m not interested. haven’t looked at the timeline in weeks now

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

they're referring to his "direct mimetic rivalry" with Bezos of course. you idiot.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

OctaMurk posted:

wtf is a direct mimetic rivalry

i dont think the word mimetic even means anything in this context?

meme wars. very serious poo poo

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

chippy posted:

Perhaps stop using Twitter maybe, just a thought.

last night Facebook served me a “suggested for you” post that was a comic from the official Stonetoss Facebook page. it was about lgbt people being pedos of course

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

has anyone seen two or more cybertrucks in the same place at the same time?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

RealityWarCriminal posted:

he got really mad at Tara Reade for not taking her top off in one of his lovely video game movies

I think he runs a restaurant now
uwe boll opened a fancy restaurant in a notoriously rundown part of Vancouver and then complained that the neighborhood is so rundown and why won’t the cops do something about all these homeless people disturbing my upscale customers with their presence?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Goffer posted:

Ketamine is the shittest party drug. Yeah let's go to a place with music and people and take a drug that basically paralyses you and makes you incapable of having human interaction. What a fun evening.

that’s only if you take enough to sedate yourself. if you can stay on the threshold its very fun, sociable, like being drunk but with a shorter duration and much less hangover

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I love minimalism in design and in life.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

events that happen in other countries are directly related to US political trends, especially the ones I’m obsessed with

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I just ran my rear end off for like a year. and within a month of running my rear end off I found I was no longer needing to chew half a bottle of Tums a day. pretty easy

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

not clicking on this, did she really call them tweets?

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

its a minor thing but the idea that someone is a genius in astronomy, math, physics and philosophy seems like a really childish view of what a "smart person" is, which makes sense because its a meme posted by an elon musk fanboy who probably thinks elon musk is an expert in all those things as well as computer science, rocket science, and human biology.
they also think not enough people are being forced to hear whatever musk has to say and that's unfair

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I like that they're calling it "the failed SpaceX launch"

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

blue check verified “pro-freedom citizen journalist”:
https://twitter.com/vigilantfox/status/1699082333406576998?s=46&t=CJwpqmPkRUPoMSFHzPrIYg

blue check verified “data scientist & citizen journalist”:
https://twitter.com/UngaTheGreat/status/1699084289856741623?s=20

blue check verified “physician”:
https://twitter.com/KLVeritas/status/1699101021488759264?s=20

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

I've (thankfully) never seen the video in question. But I understand that it was so incredibly horrific that the country who captured the perpetrator re-allowed the death penalty specifically to punish the guy who made it.

the Philippines didn’t bring back the death penalty for him but it was seriously discussed in some quarters

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the us has never met a commons they consider off limits for exploitation

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

imagining a world where he pulls that poo poo on america and gets charged with treason or something, lol

the Americans would have no choice but to pass a law making him president for life

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

looking good, sir

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

That DICK! posted:

the elmo stuff is so lame. you're saying the stupid idiot guy is like the cute loveable little red fellow who wants to educate children? friend to all? why. cause elmo's for babies and you dont like baby stuff? big tough grown adult. i'll karate chop your arms off

'musk' is right there too

noun
1 a strong-smelling reddish-brown substance which is secreted by the male musk deer for scent-marking and is an important ingredient in perfumery.
• a secretion similar to musk from another animal: civets habitually deposit tiny amounts of musk.

ORIGIN
late Middle English: from late Latin muscus, from Persian mušk, perhaps from Sanskrit muṣka ‘scrotum’ (because of the similarity in shape of the sac on the abdomen of a male musk deer in which musk is produced).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

a stinky, never-washed scrotum that secretes smelly fluids