Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
It's unfortunate living in EST but cheering for a western team. The Jets start times are brutal. It looks like game 4 starts at 830 local time on a Monday and 930 for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Wheeler is 36. Regardless of what happens this year he'll probably be bought out or traded for a loss and spend the rest of his career chasing cups

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Kite posted:

edit: similarly, they really need to get rid of replays for offsides by a fraction of an inch 20 seconds after a goal is scored.

Agreed with this. If a team scores on a break that was offside, call off the goal. But if they enter a bit offside and then cycle the puck for a while before scoring it should stand.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I don't have a lot of faith in the Jets tonight with Morrissey out, especially since you know it will mean Stanley is coming in. Dubois, Connor and scheifele have pretty mush disappeared since the first 4 periods. Really hoping Ehlers is back

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

I don't know if I've ever seen a defenseman so wildly out of position so often as Darnell Nurse, and I say that as someone who watched far more of Mike Matheson than anyone could want to. It's not a Justin Faulk thing where Faulk is just lazy as hell and stands around when the puck's in his end, Nurse jerks around the ice frenetically like his jock is on fire. And also constantly trying to cherrypick like a young Malkin. From the defenseman position.

The oilers zone coverage last night seemed very confused. The forward would stop chasing the puck carrier down low and back off as if they were expecting the defensemen to pick up coverage, but they didn't and would stay net front. So LA players seemingly had a free space in the corner. Then all the oilers would recognize at once that the puck carrier had no one checking them and all collapse to them leaving net front and up high open.

Seemed to happen most often with Kane on the ice

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

eXXon posted:

I think it is basically saying that there are only ~15-20 defensemen worth a drat in the league and everyone else is within a standard deviation of replacement level. That's an interesting contrast to the player cards that say that Timothy Liljegren is worth $9M/yr on the open market.

Is it that one is measuring on ice impact, and the other is how GMs pay for on ice impact?

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Lol at the 'be a leaf' caveat. What'd Gord Downie say. 'you're so hard done by'

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The best wrists in the world aren't going to make up for consistently sub .900 goaltending

Skinner is sub .900. not sure if it's draisatl or McDavid wrists making up for it

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I can't help but wonder if that gudas picture is just a matter of perspective. Like if you see it from another angle he's actually not even looking at Woll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Maurice is only 56 so he could have another 21 year drought until he takes the Houston Aeros to the cup final