Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The leafs picked, maybe the shittiest time to go all in, I mean, why not pick during the time cheating was allowed (2004), Covid cup (2020), or when salary cap didn’t exist (2021). Lmao.

Anyway, even if the lightning don’t beat them, the fan base will mostly die of alcohol poisoning form the first round parade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Wrong thread but right thread to say go tampa bay lightning hockey club go

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
My favorite goals tonight were made by Wes McCauley

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Hedman has played 6 minutes of hockey this series and we split in Toronto? Still chill

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Against the bruins? Well, boys will be boys.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Realizing that I am incapable of caring about all of Toronto’s drama this year has been essential to my playoffs hockey watching this year.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Honestly, with missing a top 4 defenseman in cernak, hedman nursing some sort of rib injury, and two rookies playing the right side with freaking bogosian, I can’t be mad at the bolts for losing this series. But I do want to see a game 7 either way.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Upper body injury, and is day-to-day as competitive game management.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Makar should be suspended for having a really dumb mouse-looking rear end face, imo.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
As much as I hate the avs, dude got accordioned into the wall and I don’t see how you can’t get at least a game for that.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I think they’re counting how makar ended a season as well; so that’s two.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The leafs basically have to win the cup now. I mean, they won’t, but that’s what the fans will expect.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Twin Cinema posted:

drat, Samsonov has been good these playoffs. This is what having a good goaltender does to a team.

Samsonov is bad, the defense is bad, but ROR was the depth forward Toronto has been lacking. They could beat Florida, but they don’t beat Boston. Tampa didn’t have the defensive depth to collapse like they did last year and frustrate the leafs.

Also I’m so devils in they are just so cool and they zip around so zippy zipperson man I like the devils give me a t-bone avatar immediately.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I agree with everyone else that had posted in this thread that I also happen to bother to read their posts: I hope the cats win.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Paul Maurice wears the smartest coach in the nhl t-shirt by resting his ace goalie at the end of the season and the beginning of the playoffs to ensure peak performance.

A hand for Paul maur. A hand everyone.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Imagine the amount of handshake line respect in round 2! It’d be double respect!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/RO_1096/status/1654323064157401089?s=20

IM JUST ASKING QUESTIONS.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Koopa Kid posted:

I know you’re trying to be even-handed here, but Matt Tkachuk literally tried to elbow him in the face while someone else was hitting him and Bennett choke slammed him away from the puck, neither of those are hockey plays or things that a coach should expect to have happen to their player.

While I’m not down with the superfluous wrestling moves, let’s not pretend that the leafs aren’t doing it too

https://twitter.com/TicTacTOmar/status/1654268188236947456?s=20

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Koopa Kid posted:

Oh a guy also fell down in some other clip, who has a brain injury and who doesn’t?

Sorry the leafs just aren’t as good at it as Sam Bennett.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Jimbozig posted:

I'm honestly having a hard time watching a game where you can just grab a guy by the neck and drive his head into the ice. Like, I was around when they suspended Uncle Todd for life for doing a similar thing.

DOPS is genuinely insane-making. Oh good, they're setting an example by giving Bunting 3 games. Then they don't loving follow their own example they just set with any of these other hits to the head in multiple series.

To get a multi-game playoff suspension, you either need to straight murder a man who just put in an empty netter, have brown skin, or be a Leaf. God help you if you have brown skin and are a Leaf.

It makes me furious to see these plays. Then I wish grievous injuries on people - the offenders, yes, but also any skilled players on their team. Then I feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wishing that, because that's awful. Then I just feel sad because they're never going to change. It just feels inevitable that one of these years I'm going to see another man get his neck broken or even die on the ice. It's making it hard to watch hockey at all.

I was wrong. It’s great having the leafs in the playoffs.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I think the “this is their year” narrative is mostly predicated on the trade deadline acquisitions that they will lose after the playoffs, and those traded assets being gone makes it hard to go “all in” again the next year.

Also save some first round picks to get Sam Bennett next year, imo.

Wonderllama fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 7, 2023

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

ThinkTank posted:

That is correct Auston. By the way, you can absolutely put in an effort before you get to that point though. It's not illegal.

Go easy on him, he has a cup hangover.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

Hope you have a local billing address.

Mind taker lives in tampa and roots for a team with only one cup? Curious that.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
It’s weird to think of you all as procreating and being productive members of society with herringbone fireplace hearth.

(Congrats, soup)

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
hurricanes fans arent too bad. as long as you dont meet them, have to listen to them, or read their opinions on anything.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I mean if they win the cup this year, dude has a pretty good shot at the conn smythe too, which would make him first ballot probably.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Feels good that non-traditional markets won the hockey wars.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Bunting knocked a guy out of an entire series. Like it or not the panel views injuries as a higher punishment opportunity. Stone not missing any time saved Benn from a longer suspension.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I want eichel to win just to stick it to Buffalo who wanted to control his body and I can’t think of any other metaphors where old white guys wanted to control other peoples bodies but I bet it was/is bad too

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
That Benn cross check reminded me of all the other times Jamie Benn has been a complete dick.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The great thing is, since Vegas used LTIR fuckery lessail can’t even enjoy this cup win if they do manage to finish it.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

ive been a fan of vegas hockey since we had the thunder and we had manon rheaum in the net

Didn’t even start her in the nhl. Cowards

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I think the panthers are dirty and it owns. Owns!

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

SilvergunSuperman posted:

the LEAFS can't win

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Eric the Mauve posted:

Or, I know this sounds crazy, just hear me out here, maybe teams should still have to be cap compliant in the playoffs?

Get good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
The cap isn’t for parity, it’s to ensure the owners remain highly profitable and protect themselves. Sorry if you thought they all cared about an equitable hockey experience for you outside of selling you tickets/jerseys/$25 dollar craft beers.