Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Arivia posted:

How is it adjusted for playing time? I can’t imagine he’s getting the same #1 line setup as he did in Arizona.

Last season in Arizona, his ATOI was 16:41. In Vegas, it's 12:49.

I hope he signs one more year somewhere to hit 1000 points, but I have a feeling that this may be his last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Misanthrope posted:

I don't see how anything can possibly go wrong for the Leafs now... I mean it's almost gotta be a guarantee they'll get out of the first round, how do you guys think you'll do in the second round?

Oh no, you aren't doing this. It ain't over until it's over. I do believe the Leafs look like a much better team than they have in year's past, but even if they go up 5-0 in Game 5, I am still going to be waiting until the final horn goes.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

drat, Samsonov has been good these playoffs. This is what having a good goaltender does to a team.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Wonderllama posted:

Samsonov is bad, the defense is bad, but ROR was the depth forward Toronto has been lacking. They could beat Florida, but they don’t beat Boston. Tampa didn’t have the defensive depth to collapse like they did last year and frustrate the leafs.

On the other hand, no.

eXXon posted:

I was going to assert without checking that his sv% is the worst of any Leafs playoff goalie in recent memory but his .900 is slightly better than Campbell's .897 last year and Andersen's .896 from 2018. The more you know!

Game 1 sucked, but he was fine to good the rest of the way. It’s all the Leafs need.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

From looking at Dom’s values, it makes me think defensive impact doesn’t mean much. There should be a number that correlates between the two.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Leafs had their foot on the gas for most of the game last night. They just looked so hilariously snakebitten. Like, I am pretty sure the Leafs held the puck almost twice as long in Florida's offensive zone than Florida did Toronto's. I am not too worried, despite it being 2-0, because Florida isn't strong defensively and let Toronto do what they want offensively. The problem is, Florida is such a dangerous offensive team that they can create chances quickly if Toronto isn't careful.

This is why, while I preferred Florida over Boston, it wasn't a series I thought was going to be easy for Toronto.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I know like Vegas and Carolina are technically top 5 teams by points but this feels like the strangest final four since like 2006.

I didn't even realize Vegas had a strong regular season this year.

I think these Conference Finals feel odd, because Carolina and Florida are historically bad teams, despite their recent success. And, the possibility of Seattle/Vegas just feels a humorous result, even if Vegas has been great for most of their 6 years in the NHL.

Dallas is Dallas.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh yeah, Carolina definitely deserves to be there. They are a great team. It's just hard to shake that "bad for a decade-plus" thought from my head.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I will never write off a team again when their good goalie is out for the year and I am forced to learn the names of the trio of other goalies they will be using instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Cap sucks poo poo. Funny that in 03-04, Forsberg and Jagr were making $11m a year. While there is a handful of players who make more than this, it is still considered a high price for players. 20 years later!

I also hate that I have to think about what players make.