Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Realizing, I think a lot of goons don't know what a synonym is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I have a $120 stupid RBG keyboard I need to sell. I didn't mean to buy it, and I can't return it at this point. I already own one, and I regret having bought it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a nice keyboard, definitely one of the like top three keyboards I've ever used. Super satisfying clicky poo poo. But it's not worth that much money. My 15 dollar keyboard I used for six years was just barely not quite as good as this.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Tarquinn posted:

Saturday is superior to Friday.

Discuss.

For me, Friday is the superior day because it's not only the end of the work week, but it leaves Saturday there to look forward to. Nobody looks forward to Sunday.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Anyone remember the "quiet quitting" fad from a little bit ago, where millennials were trying to do only their prescribed jobs?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

SIDS Vicious posted:

lmao goof is canadian prison slang for chomo

Chomo is American prison slang for chimo :confused:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A friend and I are watching Fargo, and a commercial came on (on hulu) and there was an ad for the dating app Hinge, and it said this:

"it's not cereal; it's kind of sweet"

We both heard it, but we can't find the commercial online anywhere. I swear that's what it said, and we can't make sense of what it must mean, but we also can't find the ad to replay it.

"it's not Serial; it's kind of sweet" could be an interpretation, but seems unlikely.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Luvcow posted:

thinkin bout them beans

What does this mean?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Can someone explain :same: to me? I don't get it. It's a fish? Or a shark?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

same is shark in Japanese

:tipshat:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I'm watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, which is a show about Very Wealthy People, so the ads I guess assume I also am a Very Wealthy Person. Just saw an ad for a service that will help me reach my retirement goals, and it very briefly hovers over a person using the app, to which one can see her goal is to save $13,000 a month. TO SAVE $13,000 A MONTH

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
For the first time since 2015, I've gone seven days without weed, alcohol or nicotine. My alcoholism has been kept a secret from everyone, and nobody thinks a weed addiction is a thing to take seriously, and I don't actually know anyone who still smokes cigarettes, so I don't have anyone to tell this to.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm all week on HBO Max, and throughout, there's been these ads saying that on 02/11/24 there was going to be a State Farm ad with Arnold in it. Well, 02/11/24 came and went and no fuckin Arnold ad. And it occurred to me, kind of after the fact, that this is an ad for specifically a Superbowl ad! But it didn't say that. It didn't say I would have to change the channel to see this ad. Another series of ads addding for an ad on 02/11/24 featured some rich British folks talking about Jennifer Anniston, and that ad showed up. I don't even remember what the product was. Where's the State Farm ad, HBO Max? I've been watching your loving commercials all day!

I know I could look it up, that's not the point.

credburn fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 12, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Saalkin posted:

I'm taylor swift and I'm going to fly my jet from the chat thread to the SuperBowl commercial thread.

Weeeeeeee

I'm not talking about SuperBowl commercials, I'm talking about ads on HBO Max.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I had to leave my therapist's office because I thought I was about to have an accident! I rushed into the bathroom and sat on the toilet, and -- well, I won't go into it, but I wanted to ask, what does it mean if you poo poo what must have been a full milk jug's worth of just nothing but water and some blood*? It didn't even smell. I don't understand what happened. Why did my body get rid of all this water, and why through my rear end??

* not like a lot, especially compared to the volume of water

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
The blood was super bright. Like right from the tap.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Stick a tissue between cheeks, see if it gets any blood on it throughout the day.

There wasn't any blood when I wiped. It's really not the blood that bothered me; blood in my stool is very normal (no joke here, I've been to the doctor like five times over the last twenty years to make sure, and it's just a thing)

It's the huge amount of fluid that bothers me. It was so much fluid, I don't even know where it came from.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I went to a grindcore show last night and did some moshing.

Tonight I went to a soft rock show and the band was playing a Hall and Oates song, and this person in front of me kept moving backward. The song picked up, and... I don't know why, I got my wires mixed up, and I just shoved her hard into the people in front of her. For a moment I thought we were moshing, and I really hosed up. They didn't fall, but oh man, holy poo poo, I am worried I am banned from the Veteran's Memorial Building now. I tried to apologize but things were getting heated, I had to duck away. I hope nobody saw me :ohdear:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
It's 6:30 AM, and I have a therapy appointment in five hours, and I've been up 24 hours and I can't sleep :(

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I went out with a friend last night and had a great time. When her Uber arrived, I went in for a friendly cheek-kiss, but she turned her head, and we kissed. I laughed, awkwardly, she did, too. I let her go, she went on her way. Today I received a text message saying "We have some unfinished business after last night."

Oh dear :ohdear:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I went to a metal show tonight. I frequently like being at the edge of the mosh -- I like shoving people around, and helping them up when they fall, but I don't like being part of it. But today I got shoved into it, and pinballed around for a while until I collided with these two people and fell on this poor girl. She hit her head hard, on the ground, and I landed on her hair. I felt so bad, but when I tried to go apologize, a fight broke out in the mosh! A guy got knocked out with a single punch. I dove on him and sort of covered him while another guy kicked me in the side three fuckin times. I was trying to help the guy up, but he was unconscious. I was yelling HEY THIS GUY IS UNCONSCIOUS while some other guy kicked me in the side again and again and again.

This was in a coffee shop.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Most metal shows I've been to have been so wholesome :(

This is the first time violence happened that wasn't just, random mosh violence.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Cannot understand a single thing that is being said without captions. It's like someone with the thickest Welsh accent speaking while very drunk and also not moving their lips.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Hey goons, let me ask what your opinion on this is. If there is a "rave" going on, is there an expectation that people will be on drugs? Because it seems to me a rave without drugs is just an EDM get together.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I only do calisthenics. I jog, do pushups, pullups, dips, squats. My body looks exactly as strong as it is. No false advertising here.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I went to an open mic comedy show last night and it was really good until the last comic, who said it was his first time doing this but he was by far the best out of everyone... until he got to the end of his set and talked about being part of a kink community where they dress up like and pretend they are children and have orgies. And then he started talking about Michael Jackson not being a pedophile. I've never seen a comic nosedive so hard, holy poo poo.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

redshirt posted:

Did you successfully NOT body any women?

I did keep to myself. But it was at the same venue haha

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
As an observer, basketball has always bored me because there's no tension in scoring -- if it's your turn with the ball, you're expected to score. Basketball point scoring is like a tennis return, but over a larger court and slower. There's not enough time to build up tension unless you're a crazy person, getting that tension buildup once every single minute. The tension release comes when the team you don't want to score fumbles the pattern and doesn't score. And it doesn't happen because a person made a very impressive play (though that does happen); it usually comes because the opposite team's player made a mistake.

It feels like the inverse of what I want. If I wanted to watch a sport where the good part happens when mistakes are made I'd be watching more NASCAR. Take soccer, for instance. The tension is constant, because we're hoping to see a score, and it almost never happens. And when it does, there's a huge release. I can see why people lose their poo poo when your team scores a goal in soccer. It's a celebratory moment.

edit: it occurs to me that this could be fixed if there was a goalie in basketball. There should be a goalie, then I'd enjoy it.

credburn fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 17, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Is the Sagas thread the one that got shut down half a dozen times? Why did that keep happening?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Smugworth posted:

Charge: wreckless use of "literally"
Sentence: immediate ban

It's a qualifier so we don't think they figuratively did those things.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

This is in the right order?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Watched A Boy and His Dog last night. Had to see it at least once in 2024. Definitely respond to the misogyny in ways I didn't as a younger person, but it still holds up as one of my favorite films ever. Beautifully shot. Amazing film. Really really lovely when it comes to representing women.

Unfortunately LQ Jones who directed this film did not live to see 2024. He died two years ago.

credburn fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 27, 2024

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Hollismason posted:

What the gently caress is happening with Sean Puff Daddy Combs because that's all the people at my office can loving talk about. He's running women and hiding murders on his property according to workers at my office.

He's been a bad boy :dadjoke:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I've been hearing the term "plot armor" thrown around a lot lately.

It's an old term, but I might have heard it three or four times a year for a decade. Now I've heard it as many times just this week!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I always thought "ooga booga" was caveman for "hello" or something but someone told me it's an extremely racist thing to say :confused:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

Ulillinguist posted:

If it makes you feel any better I thought it was caveman talk too. I'm pretty sure that's from growing up seeing the captain caveman cartoons - that's how he talked. Hearing that it has another implication is news to me.

But I can also understand how people would use it to mock other languages for racism.

Seems like an innocent misunderstanding on your part. I hope the situation smoothed over quickly.

It came about because I said it, and even as I said it, I thought, "gosh it kind of sounds racist for some reason," but in my memory the only time I've ever heard it uttered was in caveman related things, or that big bouncer ape that throws the guy out of the bar in Who Framed Roger Rabbit

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Jagged Alliance 3 finally "clicked" with me and I can't put it down now

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I've got a good new joke for my standup routine. Well, I've got a funny concept, anyway. I'm not sure how to deliver the joke.

Goes like this so far:

Grrr you know what I hate (audience enthusiastically asks what???) I hate when people sing "Tequila" at karaoke

(audience murmurs a common irritant, something hopefully they only now realize they share, bonds are formed and memories are made)

Every time it comes up -- which is every karaoke night -- the guy who shows up to sing always looks like he's about to blow your loving minds with this reveal.

(I should make some commentary about karaoke or do a funny voice or something here to pad out the opener to this joke segment ("jokement") and the closer:

I think, if you break down the steps of development into a proper human being, you have like say, understanding object permanence, walking upright, basic communication, simple mathematics, and right around here you have the realization that singing "Tequila" at karaoke would be a funny idea.

(expect ushers to be on standby to help audience members who had fallen down into the aisle laughing back into their seats.)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I wanted to apply for a job as an assistant sound tech guy, but they're looking for women or people of color.

I'm just shy of forty years old and I think this is the very first time my race/gender (white man) hasn't just given me a straight-up advantage to everything I do. This is the nightmare hellscape my grandparents had foretold!!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Whenever I go to karaoke I choose to sing Tequila and for three and a half minutes I just let the adoration of the crowd wash over me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
I'm turning forty in less than a month.