Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXZoKUjMqFM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i fell over roller skating on the sidewalk once and it was like 4k in dental bills

probably angered the skatergods with your lack of commitment to the skate or die lifestyle. they’re fickle like that

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

credburn posted:

I went to an open mic comedy show last night and it was really good until the last comic, who said it was his first time doing this but he was by far the best out of everyone... until he got to the end of his set and talked about being part of a kink community where they dress up like and pretend they are children and have orgies. And then he started talking about Michael Jackson not being a pedophile. I've never seen a comic nosedive so hard, holy poo poo.

:stare: omfg

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/tennis/bees-cause-a-buzz-and-lengthy-disruption-at-indian-wells-tennis/ar-BB1jUNe5

apparently a whole bunch of bees crashed a tennis match and didn't pay for tickets, causing the venue to lose potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue, little assholes...

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

I went to an open mic comedy show last night and it was really good until the last comic, who said it was his first time doing this but he was by far the best out of everyone... until he got to the end of his set and talked about being part of a kink community where they dress up like and pretend they are children and have orgies. And then he started talking about Michael Jackson not being a pedophile. I've never seen a comic nosedive so hard, holy poo poo.

Did you successfully NOT body any women?

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

redshirt posted:

Did you successfully NOT body any women?

I did keep to myself. But it was at the same venue haha

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

credburn posted:

I did keep to myself. But it was at the same venue haha

So not banned for life? Congrats brother.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

credburn posted:

this would be a perfect xkcd comic strip

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

lol

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Bad Purchase posted:

especially with the last panel replaced by goatse :twisted:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Have I told my Iranian embassy story yet? Does anyone want to hear it if not? It's pretty cool.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I was associated with this Fraternity but I was not a member and had nothing to do with them - in retrospect, this is how I operate in life. I am able to get close to all these groups or societies or academies, and learn all their ways, but never join them. I AM the Outsider...

For another fun example, I once attended this fraternity's secret party and I saw BOTH of the corpses they keep on site. I also successfully used their secret handshake.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

Have I told my Iranian embassy story yet? Does anyone want to hear it if not? It's pretty cool.

better be good + not racist

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When I was young I was all gussied up as the face of this large group (a college fraternity, of which I was not a member) to potentially rent the now US Government owned Iranian Embassy. This was back in 1995. I was coach surfing in DC and there was this bar we (college familiars) all met at and it was like a sitcom. Hijinks and romances and such at this bar, and someone heard that that US Government siezed Iranian Embassy was coming up for rent. And it was a hot topic at the bar for weeks and somehow I got nominated as the spokesperson for the group. And I took a tour of the Iranian Embassy. It was amaaaazing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

8 car garage. 2 BBQ pits on the roof. 16 bedrooms, walled in acres near downtown DC, 5K a month. That's right, 5K!

After my tour with the realtor I was all in, as it was a literal paradise in downtown DC and they were offering it to me, this dipshit.

But we/I could never get enough people to go in. I certainly had nowhere near the money - note the earlier story where I was couch surfing - ball rooms, mutliple kitchens.... I was all slicked up for the walk through this with the real estate agent who was also probably a State Department asset.

Did she take me seriously?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

Did she take me seriously?

lol, no

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

In my Dockers and stained white shirt and hung over as hell?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

In my Dockers and stained white shirt and hung over as hell?

possibly more seriously than some state actors who looked at it, but still - no

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

possibly more seriously than some state actors who looked at it, but still - no

I can be very charismatic.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Seriously though, it was of course an incredible property. I didn't even want anything to do with the scam but once I saw the place I was all in.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

redshirt posted:

note the earlier story where I was couch surfing - ball rooms, mutliple kitchens.... I was all slicked up

redshirt posted:

This was back in 1995. I was coach surfing in DC

this seems like a very interesting story too...

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

I can be very charismatic.

I had my fingers crossed that the last FBI agent who interviewed me about a friends' security clearance would ask me if I wanted to get coffee again because I was so charming, I know the feeling

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Luvcow posted:

this seems like a very interesting story too...

Luvcow I just want to take this moment now because I remember it, I love you man. You're awesome.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

redshirt posted:

When I was young I was all gussied up as the face of this large group (a college fraternity, of which I was not a member) to potentially rent the now US Government owned Iranian Embassy. This was back in 1995.

Was this around the time you had your final fast food meal?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

I had my fingers crossed that the last FBI agent who interviewed me about a friends' security clearance would ask me if I wanted to get coffee again because I was so charming, I know the feeling

That would be a good novel, tales of friends FBI interviews....

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

That would be a good novel, tales of friends FBI interviews....

"I had to answer a bunch of questions about trivial drug use, my knowledge of their finances and occasional military careers, and their susceptibility to foreign blackmail. Also one time the agent was hot and we hit it off for a few minutes while she read me before the interview."

That's the book.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That is a pretty drat good Iranian Embassy story. That definitely sounds like some 1990s hijinks.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
UCONN!!! HUSKIES!!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
playing "ENSHROUDED" tonight i think fam

never gonna stream it cuz i dotn want yall knowing how bad my driving is

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hollismason posted:

That is a pretty drat good Iranian Embassy story. That definitely sounds like some 1990s hijinks.

Thank you. There were ballrooms and library rooms and everything, the tour was sick and the realtor was like 11/10 smokeshow

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I have finally made it home. Rink was lit.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

gotta love having friends applying for stuff at Sandia/LANL, my spouse had a couple phone interviews a few years back but nothing in person

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Pondering going out to the skatepark in this waning evening light.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

redshirt posted:

Thank you. There were ballrooms and library rooms and everything, the tour was sick and the realtor was like 11/10 smokeshow

Did they have bidets

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Did they have bidets
Good question, I honestly don't remember flushing or touching any toilets

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Me submitting my image after my boss encouraged me to