Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i just want the pain to end

I feel like this is something at least 19 team's fanbases want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's coming a day after Peter King reported them losing faith in Malik, so it's definitely believable (sorry to the Malik fans/those in denial out there)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

sorry to the Malik fans/those in denial out there

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

A grim winter in the south.

At least this part of the 2023 OP can be safely copied over to the 2024 one

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Moving forward has worked out for them!

quote:

12-5
7-10

You're supposed to get less wins each year, right?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's a nice change of pace for them to admit they're punting on the year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1696989646687805944
https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1696995517551562936?s=20

going great

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:rubby:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

2 games in the league and he's had an injury in both

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1703468168591597888

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Look man, I gave up drinking, I need some outlet for my self loathing ok

You're already on this forum!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Jacksonville Jaguars have never not been in first place this season

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Trevor bust

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Wasn’t this your last melt down a week ago?

It really just seems you hate other folks having fun! I shan’t be brought down by your misery, seek company elsewhere!!!!

:agreed:

big jeff

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

trev bust

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

I typically think reacting to unfortunate games by asking for people to get fired is myopic

I think the opposite. Example: there's a game that just ended where both teams going in needed to fire their HC pre-game or post-game, and the score after 4 full quarters is 6-0, completely justifying and reiterating that thought

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

Not a single AFC South team is going to win today, huh.

Would be the second week of three weeks in December the whole division's lost

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

more and more people are saying trevor bust

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://theathletic.com/5193909/2024/01/11/tennessee-titans-mike-vrabel-fired/

quote:

The Titans considered moving on from Vrabel after last season for a fresh start, according to a team source, but Strunk still believed Vrabel was a great coach and worth keeping. The hope was that an arranged marriage between Carthon and Vrabel would work because both men had shown a willingness to adapt.

quote:

• Vrabel spent the Titans’ bye week in Foxboro, Mass., as a guest of owner Robert Kraft to be inducted into the Patriots Hall of Fame. Vrabel had won three Super Bowls as a player with New England, and in a speech to the crowd before an Oct. 23 Patriots win against the Bills, Vrabel said: “I don’t want you to take this organization for granted. I’ve been a lot of places, this is a special place with great leadership, great fans, great direction, and great coaching. Enjoy it. It’s not like this everywhere.”

The speech raised some eyebrows in Tennessee. When he returned to Nashville, Vrabel was asked by reporters during a press conference if his comments were directed at the Titans organization. He said: “(The Patriots) have won six Super Bowls in 20 years, that’s what I was alluding to. I don’t know what to tell you. It’s just a lot of success. … The amount of success that they had there, the whole message was, just for myself and the former players and everything, just to not take things for granted.”

quote:

At 11 a.m. CT Tuesday, Vrabel joined Strunk and team president Burke Nihill for a meeting that lasted two minutes. They told Vrabel that they appreciated his time with the Titans but that they were moving in a new direction. He was fired. There was never any discussion between the organization and Vrabel about trading him to coach another team or of a restructuring of power for him to remain with the Titans.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1745481758919827603

Makes sense now that we know she's explicitly against someone being both GM and HC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oberstwo posted:

Trevor bust