Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Metapod posted:

I want a hall of famer that's what I want this draft

Titans drafting an HoF punter in the 2nd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Well we can’t trade AJ brown again so it’ll be an improvement over last year at least.

Monkey’s paw curls, Titans trade Jeff Simmons for a 4th.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The Texans have gone insane

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

winter.mute posted:

Eight weeks, six catches, and 80 yards. No clue why they even picked him up because it was obvious they really didn't want him on the field. I'd be surprised if his total play time was anywhere close to a full quarter over those eight weeks.

Rusty Smith needed weapons

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1705075824154562811?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

Andrew :unsmith:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

30/42, 470 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT

CJ motherfucking Stroud

he's good

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Demon Of The Fall posted:

this franchise is a fuckin joke that aint funny

RIP the best player on the team

Nice to know people still appreciate punters, hopefully he'll recover

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Titans fans still love Jeff Fisher I guess

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

Who had the Matt Schaub stare avatar?

Arschlochkind

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
https://i.imgur.com/D23afOy.mp4

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Texans win the division, just as all predicted

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

lobster shirt posted:

the texans are going to the super wild card weekend

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

Easterby hired a Ravens WR coach as head coach to try to appease the nasty man.

IIRC, nasty man wanted them to interview Eric Bieniemy, but they only interviewed him belatedly that year before hiring Culley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Intruder posted:

Yeah he wanted Bieniemy. Man did his stock nosedive, what even happened? Exposed once he no longer had Mahomes?

That's been a subject of much discussion the last few years, particularly in the annual hot seat/coaching thread. There's rumors he doesn't interview well, but whether that's true or just code for something else (Race) isn't entirely clear. The Chiefs constantly being on deep playoff runs probably limited his abilities to interview to some extent. He was OC longer than either of the guys who proceeded him, Pederson and Nagy, but they never had Mahomes while Bieniemy did. Mahomes has spoken highly of him, as have other former players he coaches (Going back to his time as a position coach), but that's not uncommon and it's not clear how much of what happened in Kansas City can be attributed to him vs Mahomes and Reid. Last year he was the OC in Washington, and while the offense had a few flashes here and there (Like, one or two early games), it mostly struggled. IIRC, their offensive line was historically bad: They gave up 65 sacks and there was a point where Howell was on pace to break Carr's record, so he was let go with the rest of the coaching staff (Which admittedly, the new owner had inherited). Meanwhile, we all know what Kansas City did and while they had struggles in the regular season, it wasn't due to Mahomes not hitting guys in the hands. Bieniemy had some history of working in college before, so now he's the OC of UCLA, where he was a position coach 20~ years ago.