Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Ballard has a type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Will Levis will be the oldest starting QB in the AFCS.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Imagine drafting some other QB.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
DHop can catching anything he can get his hands on, but I'm not sure that's great for the Titans. I really think they should just lean on the Levis/Willis route and just build for the future. DHop would be a nice luxury for a young QB in providing a security blanket, but if they're signing him thinking they're going to compete this year, I feel like it's a mistake. They might contend for a wild card spot, but in the loaded AFC, the roster is probably too weak to go rounds. Vrabel will make it work, but if you grind out a long ugly season and get eliminated in the playoffs early, you basically just burned a cheap year of your QBs contracts up.

If I were the Titans, I'd probably be poking around the league trying to find some young WRs who have struggled with their teams, and see if they can be had cheap, hoping that the culture Vrabel has can turn them around. I'm thinking like Rondale Moore from Arizona, something along those lines. Try to find a cheap reclamation that has high upside to pair with your future QB room.

Looks like Isaiah "Kenny" Rodgers wasn't there for the OTAs for the Colts today, so he's probably out of the league forever. So stupid. Reports are that Richardson has looked very good, and that his accuracy has been getting better and better during drills. I really hope they just throw him out there and let him learn on the job from Week 1. If he can be at least a non-dumpster fire, run him out there and let him get reps.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 7, 2023

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

I think the Texans are gonna do it this year. They're gonna rise to rear end status

They finished like 12th in Defensive EPA/play. If they Ryans makes the defense slightly improved and the offense can be "non rear end", they could be like, rear end level.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Excited to see how the vaunted brain genius frank reich leads the colts panthers to the division title this year.

fixed this

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/titans/status/1681635005527883776?s=21&t=4WXMgS2_j9ZQCw5GFqnyQA

Even as a Titans hater, I hope this is true. Black Oilers unis would RIP.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 20, 2023

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm hoping that Ballard can smooth things over. Besides, if it's obvious JT wants a big time extension, who is really handing those out to RBs in today's NFL? You'd have to give up draft picks and the extension. It only makes sense for the Colts to resign him, as they have the value of his cheap years already under their belt. To be real, he could get a 3 year extension for like $50M and he'd be a Top 5 RB contract and that's pocket change in the NFL.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 30, 2023

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah my guess is things eventually get worked out. I don't think the Colts will trade him and if he sits out they will probably live with it and go with the RBs they have.

I think he'll end up playing. But if not, hey, that means it's better odds for the Colts to tank and draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

From what I was reading today, Ballard has basically taken the stance that he wants to see everyone working under Steichen for a season, and they'll talk. Has mentioned that he loves Pittman, but they'll talk after the season. I just feel like JTs team is going a little overboard with this a year early. I get it that RB salaries are declining and he's overplayed his contract, he wants compensation. I think there's just a more productive way to get there.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
For me it's that he's not even healthy and the season hasn't even started. If this was November, I could see the trade demand. Get healthy, start producing again, and then lean on the team.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Zach Moss out 4-6 weeks with broken arm. Get in them pockets, Jim.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

The guy that’s never made the playoffs, checks out.

You mean the guy on the 2020 Wild Card team? Yeah, completely checks out.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

Why are the Colts naming Richardson the starter after his first preseason game was 67 yards and a turnover?

because if you start Minshew you're still just gonna finish middle of the pack, so why not let the young draft pick just go out there and learn?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Chris James 2 posted:

It's a nice change of pace for them to admit they're punting on the year

I mean, they'll probably still finish second in the division.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't watch a ton of NCAA football but I don't get the glowing optimism for Richardson beyond his athleticism. I watched a few Florida games of his and he was loving awful. First person I thought of us for a comparable upside was Kordell Stewart. I get not bothering with Minshew but not why AR was taken so high.

He also had great feel in the pocket, and didn't just immediately bolt from the pocket when some pressure came. He has accuracy issues, and his Florida weapons/scheme didn't do him a ton of favors. I think the biggest concerns coming out was processing and accuracy, but I think he's done fine in processing. He breaks down when the play does and loses his technique and sprays the ball a bit. If they can shore that up a bit (I'm not sure you'll ever eliminate it entirely, even Josh Allen sprays one on the move from time to time), he's a mid tier QB with insane upside. Also: no other QB available to the Colts in this draft offers what he does. Levis and Richardson were often considered pretty equal (good athletes with accuracy issues, some meh production in college). Richardson is just more athletic that Levis. So if you're gonna gamble, gamble on the supercharged version.

Another item: he was the youngest QB in this draft. He turned 21 in May. Stroud and Young were slightly older, and Levis is older than Trevor Lawrence (24). So you have to realize that in 3 years of development, you'll be at the same age that Levis is now.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Aug 16, 2023

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, it just seems like they could have a solid conversation about "hey, you get healthy and show us you're still elite, we'll give you an extension in the $XM per year ballpark."

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

I have accepted the job as the titans kicker wish me luck

You're not the punter, you won't get overworked.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's alright, we have 5 TEs. Gonna be running that 12 personnel nonstop.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Woods to IR, down to 4 TE and resigned McKenzie, back to 4 WR.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Even if you guys start Willis or Levis, you still have the oldest trash QB in the division.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

Lol the pistol isn't a right side only exclusive formation

No, but they basically set it up as look to the right, read 1, read 2, and then gtfo. Lots of bunches and floods. I wonder if this is going to be team specific. Like against the Texans maybe due to personnel/alignments it's the left side.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

lol who could have ever seen this coming

QB and WR all washed.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

little tank

feels like a huge relief

But you're missing out in this

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1706004569648505015?t=gsvHlcR7wivATnZdm41kdw&s=19

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Metapod posted:

AR Stinky

yeah, creating the same EPA/play as Matt Stafford and Lamar Jackson, what a scrub.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Feels like they could have avoided a bunch of drama and hopefully this doesn't stop them from being able to sign a top WR. But glad that's over!

It really shouldn't. 14M per year, and Pittman is the only one due a decent contract. They were on schedule to have plenty of cap going into the offseason, and you're really getting him for like $3M over the franchise tag.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Life is pain

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I’m not watching but Anthony Richardson seems to be made of glass.

Seemed like a run of the mill tackle, and his shoulder is toast.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Could you imagine an AFCS team losing today?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Credit to the Colts coaching staff for this win.

Now hopefully Richardson isn't hurt too bad.

I'm hoping it's just a sprain and not a separation/broken collarbone.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Flikken posted:

How many games has he been knocked out of this year?

Really just 2. He left week 1 when he banged his knee on the turf and it was really unwinnable, so they just took him out. He could have finished the last couple plays. There's the concussion and this. Colts saying they believe it's a sprained AC joint.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
https://x.com/titansfilmroom/status/1711097893820723604?s=20

https://x.com/titansfilmroom/status/1711103936877535696?s=20

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Minshewmania is dead.

He absolutely sucked today. I think he forgot he wasn't still on the Jags for a while there.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Probably Magic posted:

He's a backup QB, what were people expecting here. And a solid one at that.

I think he threw about 6 balls that should have been picked off. I'm not saying he needs to score 30, but not throwing it to the other team every drive would be acceptable.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Soul Glo posted:

Might see a lot more of Minshew this year, Nashville radio reported AR is considering season ending surgery.

They've said this week that they believe rehab will be all he needs, but surgery hasn't been ruled out. I think they wait a few weeks anyway to see how it responds. If it's surgery, he won't be back this year. Might as well wait 2-3 weeks and see how it shakes out.

Minshew looked lost today. He rushed a couple throws he didn't need to and made just poor passes. He was just a poo poo show on all fronts.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Grover Stewart suspended 6 games for PED violation. Good times, good times.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Of all the guys on the Colts, Grover would've been one of the last people I thought would be using PEDs.

From what James Body is reporting, I gather he went on a trip to Mexico or China and their meat has clenbuterol (the NFL offered a warning in 2017). If he stayed long enough, it will trip build up enough to trip the test.

No other reason for him to be posting about this.

Stewart has taken responsibility, it sounds like it was the "you're responsible for what is in your body" deal.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Yeah I like them. The uniforms aren't great but they're growing on me.

Also the Colts injured Watson so they should be applauded

I'm kinda upset he's out. Walker is probably the better QB.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Colts couldn't overcome the tag team of Myles Garrett and the refs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think the black helmets were the only good part of the uniform.

I feel the same. It's a regular season game in a lost season, and if the loss is legit whatever. Having the game just taken away for some bullshit just sucks.