Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Eli signing the stadium and slaying the Patriots dragon in the Superbowl TWICE earned him a lifetime of appreciation and goodwill from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'd rather see more footage of Philly fan loving on public transit, trying to climb greased street light poles and eating literal poo poo off the ground for a Superbowl win than see Dallas do absolutely anything of note aside from losing in the playoffs like usual.

gently caress the cowboys

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Toaster Beef posted:

yeah ngl there was some measure of enjoyment in watching SF eat poo poo after all that whining in the wake of last year's nfccg

Yeah but nobody wins here because the Chiefs also whine about "no respect" and "nobody believed in us" despite being a constant fixture in the Superbowl

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Hunter Renfrow got 103 a couple years ago!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Flikken posted:

Jackie Jr. was such an idiot.

Best Scrabble player hands down

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Flikken posted:

How'd you feel about Paulie hanging out in your hometown fir a couple of episodes. Makes you think about the DeBartlos right?

It was pretty cool to hear that. They also name drop Steubenville and Akron in later seasons too so I'm guessing a writer was either from around the area or they're just really knowledgeable about former Mafia strongholds. I have family that was actually a middleman between the mob and sheriff's department back in the day so yeah, the Mafia ran Youngstown for a long time lol.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

It feels so good to have Snyder gone. Like Harris could be rear end too, but at least it feels like there’s a chance now. There was never going to be a chance under Snyder.

I have some bad news for you about how they've handled this off-season so far!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I think that an organization throwing a massive tantrum about being told "no thanks" by a head coaching candidate is a really bad look however I do concede that it's not as bad as sex trafficking cheerleaders but it's still early, they have plenty of time to get real hosed up down the road.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Then why didn’t he go to Seattle? He said no thanks to them as well. By all accounts his interview with both teams was total dogshit but both teams were willing to fly out and interview him a second time. Maybe it was just nerves. He turned them both down while in mid flight, which made him look like a massive shitheel, we’ll see if the interview offers show up next year.

He literally stated that he decided to stay in Detroit and try to win a championship. Also, the Commanders were flying to Detroit to interview him AND Aaron Glenn so to even whine about "we were mid flight and he cancelled on us like a dick" explicitly states that Glenn was a bullshit Rooney Rule interview which makes them not only crybabies but also pretty racist.

If you don't want to put in the effort to give a real interview to a minority then you're a massive piece of poo poo. gently caress Washington and their bitchmade ownership group trying to make Johnson look bad because they're so enraged at being told "no thanks". Lots of beta energy coming from that team even after Snyder is gone lol

Interestingly enough, Seattle didn't whine like toddlers when he told them no, hmmm maybe it's a lovely owner throwing out red flags already

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

They why cry like a bitch about Johnson "cancelling mid flight" if they were literally going to the exact same place to interview another candidate anyway?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I guess being a Washington fan under Snyder has broken some people's brains about proper behavior for an organization so I suppose I can cut some slack since you don't know any better.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Oh I'm not really mad, it's just amusing to me when a billionaire gets all bent out of shape because someone below them in social status has the temerity to just be like "no" and they lose their poo poo over it. I do have a healthy disdain for billionaires in general but I don't believe Harris is Snyder 2.0 at this point in time. I just think that having a new ownership group be so blatantly petty about Johnson is a pretty bad look to start the new regime. The owner can change their mind about the employee and fire them whenever they want but how dare a prospective employee weigh their options and decide to work somewhere else. It's laughable and sad at the same time.

In comparison, my owner is just a failson with a bad haircut banging waitresses at PF Changs every day so I can't really be mad at him for anything other than just being born to a family whose only source of wealth is the team so it's not even like they amassed their wealth by exploiting the working class on a massive scale or anything. I can't be very mad at my dumb goofy owner so I take it out on the rest of the league's horrible people who perpetuate misery and suffering throughout the world.

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 7, 2024

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Today has been literally the most you've posted in a day in the NFCE thread, and it's all about this. That's not the impression I get

You gonna cuff me or what?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

gently caress the Cowboys

God bless

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's fun to watch extremely large humans run fast as gently caress. Who gives a poo poo about whether or not that 40 time translates to their position on the field? I don't see what's so difficult to grasp here.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

fartknocker posted:

1. When the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl
2. When the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl again
3. Eli winning the first game in JerryWorld and signing the locker room
4. Star Wars weekend at Disney World in 2007.
5. Every time I post “gently caress the Cowboys”

Bonus: Duck Penis GDT

I haven't experienced Disney World but this entire list is pretty goddamn great!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Go stand in a line outside in the hot sun for about 6 or 7 hours, empty your wallet and max out a credit card.

Then do something you enjoy for about 20 minutes to a half hour.

I'm too old to wait in line for hours to experience like 4 minutes of fun (title of my sex tape) anymore. Close proximity to Cedar Point has taught me that, whatever the cost, it's only worth going if you have a Fast Pass.

Going broke doing so is certainly relatable though!

euphronius posted:

Maybe the basketball guys think QBs are overrated

But they understand the importance of a Point Guard so they'll be trading for Bryce Young very soon

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Doltos posted:

I'm declaring want to see big man run on par with want to see Weird Al do the halftime show for cringiest football comments

In an ocean of bad opinions, this might be your worst

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Imagine white knighting for Dak "choke artist" Prescott in TYOOL 2024 lmao

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I love Eli for slaying the dragon twice and also for ruining opening night at Jerry World and signing the locker room wall as a blatant sign of disrespect.

He belongs in the HOF and so does Hester

Also, Dak is trash

gently caress the Cowboys

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Instead of blaming corporate and management, I think maybe the employees in Texas should pull themselves up by the bootstraps and try harder to have more post-season success.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Someone give me another four year starter (don't care if it's multiple teams) to compare against Dak's clutchness after we've definitely seen that he's not as good as Mark Sanchez.

I'll bet you can get a good 4 year stretch where Derek Carr was absolutely more clutch than Dak

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Don't be that insufferable Giants fan that makes neutral parties reconsider their appreciation for Eli Manning and those inexplicable Superbowl wins against The Great Satan

Then again, I'd probably lash out too if my garbage team gave Daniel Jones that contract

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Someone needs a nap!