Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

At least Ratio is done with traces. I'm not wasting resources on his basic attack, but everything else is maxed. On to Silver Wolf! I'm only doing her talent, skill, and ult. All three are at 9, so it shouldn't take long. She also still has a level 70 lc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Those banners line up great for me skipping this current banner and not needing the Boothill/Fu Xuan one at all. Finally putting effort into a follow up attack team could be fun.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
think i be skipping boot so might try for the e1 adventurine just to get that free shield on ultimate so he be even more SP-free

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I'm getting Fu Xuan. She is very cool and I like her.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I'm not sure if I'll pull for boothill, but I'm tempted by Robin because having all the harmonies is like the only section of characters I have all the collectables in. What kind of team does Boothill even want?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
got my earth year achievement today on log in

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 27, 2024

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Boothill is a break focused dps, so he really likes Ruan Mei for her break efficiency, and will probably want IMG trailblazer, but otherwise he looks like a pretty normal hypercarry who likes def shred more than usual.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Daner T posted:

I'm not sure if I'll pull for boothill, but I'm tempted by Robin because having all the harmonies is like the only section of characters I have all the collectables in. What kind of team does Boothill even want?

Ruan Mei + Harmblazer + Sustain of your choice (can pick one to match the element of your enemy to help break faster when his ult/technique isn't up)

Eimi posted:

Boothill is a break focused dps, so he really likes Ruan Mei for her break efficiency, and will probably want IMG trailblazer, but otherwise he looks like a pretty normal hypercarry who likes def shred more than usual.

You can completely skip atk/crit/cdmg on him so he's actually the opposite of a normal hypercarry

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I haven't bothered looking at all but is Robin going to be better than Sparkle for Archeron. That determines if I sleep or not.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
got it. I wonder if gallagher would be a good sustain slot since he's very break effect focused too

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Eej posted:

Ruan Mei + Harmblazer + Sustain of your choice (can pick one to match the element of your enemy to help break faster when his ult/technique isn't up)

You can completely skip atk/crit/cdmg on him so he's actually the opposite of a normal hypercarry

That's how you build him, but in how you play him he's not that different.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I haven't bothered looking at all but is Robin going to be better than Sparkle for Archeron. That determines if I sleep or not.

I don't think so. Robin looks like she's for team IPC only or 0 cyclers. I don't think she has a place as just a normal harmony. I'd love to be proven wrong but she looks distinctly weaker than Ruan Mei/Bronya/Sparkle.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Daner T posted:

Ruan Mei is a core support for Boothill, for the other support slot you can run Bronya to give him more turns to break things, or any other support that can help with inflicting toughness damage and/or boosting his break damage like Harmony TB, Asta or Pela. Robin + Bronya is kind of an option too.

For sustain it's gonna be anyone who matches the enemy weaknesses or just Gallagher for the break DMG taken debuff.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

I don't think so. Robin looks like she's for team IPC only or 0 cyclers. I don't think she has a place as just a normal harmony. I'd love to be proven wrong but she looks distinctly weaker than Ruan Mei/Bronya/Sparkle.

I see. I /do/ have the setup for team IPC so maybe I'll throw a tenner and see what happens.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
yeah she seems to be FUA focused for sure and Topaz is on her banner as well unless that's just the cycle of re-runs and Topaz was going to be next regardless.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

Sorta, but you do have to start off every fight dueling random adds to build up your medal count. Plus your damage is absolutely dogwater against non broken enemies.

e: also making sure you are breaking with the right person at the right time

Eej fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 27, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I hope they're gonna make the enemies' toughness value visible in future patches, like as a number or as a row of individual toughness units.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I think Robin is going to be a lot stronger than people think. As indecisive as I am, there's a chance I end up pulling her and saving Boothill for a rerun.

I think Jade will be better for team IPC, but Robin is going to be completely cracked in Pure Fiction on any team with Himeko and Herta.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My Robin take is that she's fairly strong but also more invisible than most supports. Outside of her team Advance Forward which happens like once or twice a fight her other contribution is Tingyun bonus damage that you barely ever notice unless it's like Fu Xuan doing quadruple damage on an basic attack. I think she'll be pretty unsatisfying to use for a lot of people who are used to feeling supports really make your team punchy.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

I think Robin will also fit in really well in Pure Fiction which is much more of a "3 DPS and a support" mode than MoC. It really comes down to how often her Ultimate goes off per fight.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
i think she has a really steep energy cost for her ult? more than others

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, she's invisible. But I don't think her damage is going to be lackluster. I haven't bothered to run the numbers, but I've seen a few showcases where her personal damage has contributed to at least 100k or more per cycle. Also, she continues to gain energy during her ult. In these same showcases, she comes out of her ult and uses her skill to immediately go back into her ult. If she's singing, she makes your team hit harder. So you better hope she's always singing. That's why she's made for follow-up attackers. The more they hit, the more damage Robin contributes. There's a chance she's better for Jing Yuan than Tingyun. Team IPC loves her, too, but you better have Aventurine's or Topaz's lc to guarantee Ratio's follow-up.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Robin's probably also gonna be generally quite good with -1 SPD Bronya + SP neutral-ish DPSes like Jingliu, since her Ult would translate to 2 extra turns on your carry. She may charge her Ult slower outside of a FUA team but I think it'd still be pretty feasible.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That's also why that new event lightcone is made for Robin. Unlike most supports, her personal damage matters. More attack and damage for Robin means she's going to hit harder during her ult. You might even want to build her with crit. And the advance forward matters a lot, especially in PF.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Taking a quick look at Robin's current leaked kit.

Her ult at level 1 increases everyone's attack by 15% of Robin's + 50. Every attack by allies does additional damage equal to 72% of Robin's attack. The crit for this damage is automatically set at 100/150!

She's not flashy, but she's going to hit like a loving truck.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If a truck is like 13-15k damage sure.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I might skip everyone in 2.2, but I'm curious if Topaz's eidolons are a significant boost at all.

Also, I'm finally at the point in the game where all my characters are built well enough that I'm currently working on getting ALL my characters to ascended lv 60 just for the silver tickets.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

If a truck is like 13-15k damage sure.

That's an extra 150k on a 10 stack Lightning Lord. It's not insignificant. That basically doubles the output of Aventurine, it's an extra 30k every time Ratio attacks, etc. She deals that extra damage every time an ally attacks.

If you want to be disappointed in her, sure. But I think you're really underestimating her actual contributions.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I feel like you play a completely different game than anyone else with how usually wildly off your math/numbers are lol.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I feel like you play a completely different game than anyone else with how usually wildly off your math/numbers are lol.

How are my numbers off? Like, Eej and I are both going off assumptions here.

If Robin contributes an extra 15k damage per attack, which is an assumption, then how is my math off?

Here's actual numbers. Robin's skill at level 10 increases everyone's damage by 50%. Her ult increases everyone's attack by 22% + 200. Every time an ally attacks, she does damage equal to 120% of her attack. This damage automatically crits and has a crit damage of 150%. If she has 2,500 attack, what's her damage contribution per attack during her ult? You tell me. Do the math.

This is her current leaked kit, as far as I know.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Video Games posted:

That's an extra 150k on a 10 stack Lightning Lord. It's not insignificant. That basically doubles the output of Aventurine, it's an extra 30k every time Ratio attacks, etc. She deals that extra damage every time an ally attacks.

If you want to be disappointed in her, sure. But I think you're really underestimating her actual contributions.

It's once instance per attack. Lightning Lord is one attack, so it's 15k extra damage. If you do an AOE attack then it picks one random instance of damage to get the 15k. We're not playing by GBF Supplemental Damage rules.

qbert posted:

I might skip everyone in 2.2, but I'm curious if Topaz's eidolons are a significant boost at all.

Also, I'm finally at the point in the game where all my characters are built well enough that I'm currently working on getting ALL my characters to ascended lv 60 just for the silver tickets.

Topaz's E1 is basically 50% cdmg to all FUAs on that target, it's pretty good.

Eej fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm guessing we will frequently see insanely geared Robin in 0-cycle challenges

but I'm probably holding off on her until a rerun because 2.3 looks insane