Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It says 21h Eastern, but I'm pretty sure it said GMT-5. Right now it's daylight time, which is GMT-4. So that's 10P EDT.

Sure would be nice if they'd just use local time, or list GMT and "server-local" or whatever. But even when they do, it's annoyingly inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

One minor issue I have is that I do find the plot a bit harder to follow than Genshin's was. Genshin's main story is generally very straight-forward and introduces things to you pretty gradually, while this suddenly thrusts you into a scifi setting. I don't really have a firm grasp of the broader setting here, while in Genshin I could pretty quickly grasp "it's just a world with countries, and each country is lead/represented by a an elemental god (and there's probably other stuff going on, but it's not directly relevant to the plot yet)."

I feel like this actually would have benefited from a straight lore-dump cutscene at the very beginning of the game.

It definitely has a real bad case of the Proper Nouns, but I sorta feel like they're just leaning on you being an "amnesiac" in their reluctance to actually explain anything.

I hope this comes out for PS4/5 sooner rather than later — it feels a lot like the UI is getting in the way of itself, and I'm hoping this is just because I don't have a huge phone, and not that someone genuinely thinks it's good design to make you have to carefully avoid hitting some other button to hit another one. Thankfully, this has only felt especially bad in the character trials, so it's not too terrible. Mostly it's just got that classic onscreen controls shittiness, and there's not much of a way around that beyond supporting controllers (which doesn't seem to be an option?)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Are you able to return to the first area later? I see the big level 11 enemy and I do not have a healer yet, and I hestitate to pump up my current characters, not to mention that the required character is taking up a slot that probably be better served by another character for that particular fight.

I managed it just fine the first time around, the only person who I leveled up was the spear guy, because the game forced me to. It's not too difficult, and the trial character helped trivialize it. I'm not terribly much further than you are, but I'm still hanging out in that space station, and there's no way they're not letting you come back, since the map's helpfully pointing out how many chests I've not opened (presumably all in areas it wouldn't let me go to).

Hell, it was probably worthwhile to fight it and get some levels for doing so.

e: ↓ They're plainly 3 different choices, that's fine.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Cirina posted:

So I discovered that there's a secret game ending, which I really was not at all expecting.

Details: First you have to ask Herta about living on the station about five times in a row or so, then you have to tell Asta that you have Herta's permission, -then- you have to talk to Himeko and tell her you would rather stay on the station than join the express, which the game gives you about three chances to back out from. If you do all that the game gives you a few CGs and an epilogue narration giving you an overview of how that works out for you, then sends you back to the title screen and when you log back in you're before the choice which is also removed.

That was peculiar.

Anyway I really like it when the games don't just dangle the option before you, but actually go through with it like that.

Endorph posted:

this game honestly feels 100x less obnoxious about it than genshin, you can advance earlier in lines, character animations are way snappier rather than every line being accompanied by a slow nod, dialog is largely way more to the point

It's nice that I can just tap through dialogue, but slightly less nice when there's enough text that it's scrolled within its little text corral.

Wonder what level I have to be to pick up my crap from that web event. Turns out you a) have to actually confirm it once you've started, and b) be level ??? (it didn't seem to say when I looked)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

What level does the game expect you to be at once you leave the station? I've been milling around collecting stuff and doing quests, which made me begrudgingly level my dudes up to 10. But there's lv. 17 FOEs milling around, and I found some 19s. So I'm wondering if it's actually worth my while to bother with those or if I should just get on with it and start my exciting space adventures and come back later.

Hell, I'm not sure I even have enough stuff to level anyone up that high.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Well, that's a pretty convincing answer. Thanks.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hellioning posted:

I distinctly remember only listening in to her speech. Again, no reason to recognize her by name.

In that speech she introduced herself? There was even a dialogue option about that.

Donno why you wouldn't talk to her afterwards anyway.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

If you don't talk to everyone, how are you going to hear all the writers calling themselves trash, or complaining about padding out nonsense with even more nonsense, only to be upstaged by someone better at padding out their writing with more nonsense?

Probably nothing to read into there.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Some people gave me records! Game's full of exciting free stuff that I cannot or will not ever use!

Being able to change the train music every once in a while's nice, though.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The correct philosophy is not to bully march, it's to pick the dialogue option that gives your traveler that fantastic smug face.

Nine times out of ten, this is from bullying march.

It's kinda annoying that add-on elements don't affect shields. I was all set to make use of this fox lady, but her electric addon not doing anything to shields makes it pretty hard to convince myself it's worth bringing her. Same goes for serval over herta, really. Doesn't help that these iceworld robots aren't just all weak to electric, you still have random things that are weak to wind or whatever the gold scale thing that isn't geo. I get wanting to make enemy design work with the team you're guaranteed to have, but it seems like a pretty massive penalty to not be able to break stuff, and that's a pain. Especially when the game seems rather keen on tossing you into battles without being able to see the encounter's weaknesses.

Kyrosiris posted:

:mods:

What's next, admitting you hate Peppy?

That dog's gonna eat someone's face some day.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

The text cuts off, but does that make healing convert into some damage? That'd be really nice. My Bailu is just using a 4* that increases Energy Regen + Ultimate Healing (which seems good since I do most of her healing via her Ultimate).

Yeah, it's like 36% of the healing or something?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

GateOfD posted:

sat on a toilet in the space station and got flushed ended up somewhere else in the station

Disappointingly, the toilets you spawn all vanish on the day reset.

Alternatively, every day is a new opportunity to put toilets in offices all over the station.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I swapped over to japanese to give that a listen and it's interesting how it's so much less cartoon-y sounding. I'm not really sure if I like a non-chirpy march, but the only real drawback for me is that you don't really get herta's various degrees of enthusiasm for spinning in the japanese track.

Also I spent ages chasing astra's dog around the station to find astra's dog, and while that was a thoroughly underwhelming experience, it was far less annoying than realizing that "come back tomorrow" literally means "come back tomorrow," because this isn't genshin and you can't just make time pass.

Now I wish to destroy the antimatter league for making it take three goddamn days to check the search history of some idiots. I have no idea why this annoys me more than stuff like handbills that only spawn a day after you've picked up the previous one, although it might be related to the fence guy by the theater, which is a series of encounters that are probably meant to be spread out over more than 15 minutes.

Well, if nothing else I guess it'll prod me to carry on with the plot so maybe all my mans can become less underwhelming. At least I hope they do, even if it's just because I'll be able to fish up relics and fix gephard's energy issues. Dude's just kinda sad right now.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Garrand posted:

I installed the japanese tracks solely to swap to when I put Herta on my team so I can listen to her go Kuru Kuru

The various kuru's are nice, but they don't really sell me on her pure joy of spinning.

Speaking of spinning, you can walk around in camera mode. Vast improvement over genshin, really lets you soak in those 'not nearly high-enough resolution' paintings and posters on the walls.'

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

I have literally only gotten daily missions from the series about the actress's double asking me to stalk the actress she is doubling since I unlocked daily missions which is kinda annoying.

Same. It's a shame I have no idea what 'date' it is, because I found a rehearsal schedule around there saying that the actress she voices was injured in some accident, and I've love to know if that's just an excuse for her not being in rehearsals or if time's looped in on itself.

Also I now have a C5 Natasha. Why's the gacha gotta be like this, I haven't even left iceland yet.

e. Adv. rank works like in genshin, right? Where if it's capped, the unrealized points are just banked until you uncap it? Story-wise I'm not allowed to get past 20 just yet, but I cannot possibly stop myself from talking to everyone and buying random crap that looks like it's for a quest and killing stuff to open chests.

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 1, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Revitalized posted:

is there a hotkey to swap team comps on the fly?

T by default.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Captain France posted:

Holy poo poo.
Doing the Exp Calyx, and Himeko and Herta just "YOU WON'T GET AWAY" "Time to TWIRL" looped through five rounds of enemies in a row with nobody getting an actual turn.

loving crazy.

Also, I like that they apparently recorded "Time to TWIRL" twice and kept both. Once as a normal JRPG attack shout, once as though the fact that you were unaware that it is time to twirl is the single most annoying thing that has ever happened in the history of the universe.

I like how she's way more excited when she gets to twirl more.

Also I got her to lv 30 and got two of her cone and now herta alone's probably enough to tear through that, just slamming a diamond into some bird things and then twirling her way through whatever survived.

I'm also pretty glad I noticed that serval and asta's 'aoe' are actually 'multiple hits, even if there's just one guy.' Means they'll tear through a single dude's shield, since the damage preview only reflects the shield damage of a single hit.

Serval in particular is way better now that I can upgrade her skills and stuff. She was super underwhelming at 20/20.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

This game really is batting 1000……
Still a bit weird that it asked me if I was really sure I wanted to move characters around to do the mission I'd selected, but: a) nice to know that my guess was correct, and that's why genshin locks you out; and b) thank god that isn't a thing here, shame this'll never actually come to genshin because it's open world and that's a lot more trouble than just reconfiguring a train car.

Also I found a lady stuck in a robot.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I'm glad complaining works. Now I've got a hook, pela, qingque, and shushang to play with. …all of which came from the standard banner except qingque. Rate up total bullshit, as usual.

Too bad they'll have to wait forever, because that stamina item seems rare as hell and I should probably save that for later (and never use it).

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Fishing rod?

For anyone looking for something to brighten their day, the japanese name for hook's "diggertron" is HOLE MASTER.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

GateOfD posted:

i tend to like to use my custom character as a tank or support class anyway.
i do with the tank for now, but i probably mainline her as a healer in the end.

nearing the end of ice planet, soo much stuff to shift thru, even before heading to the next world.

also just noticed..but is Clara ever going to get some shoes...she's just walking around barefoot

No, robots don't understand shoes, and if someone tried to give her shoes her fanclub would murder them.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Xalidur posted:

I play on Steam Deck via Moonlight about 90% of the time myself, but unlike Genshin the game doesn't play too badly on mobile. Looking forward to PS5 version anyway to cut out the middleman when I don't specifically need it to be portable.

My only annoyance about it on mobile is that the camera controls are just like, the top half of the screen and that's slightly annoying when I want to move and look at stuff. So yeah, it'd be real nice to have it on playstation instead of the stupid way I've got it on pc.

The radio thing was cool, except I found it when I wanted to turn off the game and instead I was standing around looking at a weird flat hologram radio for like 10 minutes. Since that triggered when I'd finally almost finished iceland, I assume the 'neat trick' is that the amber eras will pass faster as the game progresses, because you're doing stuff and that's probably related to whatever that god's trying to wall out.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Leraika posted:

Oh, it's a daily? I've just been unlucky then, since I keep getting stuck on wubbawoo duty.

It seems like it will run through the whole chain if you get the first part randomly. But I'm not quite sure because I got theater stalking, then the space station lady who can't talk, then I got the wubbus, presumably because that's when I actually did that quest line. But then today I got more theater stalking. I suppose I'll know in 3 days if it's just a separate set of 3 questlines or not.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Absum posted:

Wait what? I tried talked to it on the first day and it said it was daily but every time I've tried since then it wouldn't let me interact with it so I assumed it was just a one time thing.

Today was the second time I could interact with it since day 1. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I got a nicer meal? I guess researchers don't eat that often.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

I wonder if the trip up the technobabble thingamajig with Sampo on Jarilo was cut content. It's very prominent on the planet map, and they talk about like it's gonna be dangerous and dramatic.

Did they? The only mention I can remember of it is as you're going to it, him saying it's a lot of stairs.

Nobody wants to walk up a lot of stairs.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Kanos posted:

Clara's big enough that I figured she was Cliche Anime Teenager instead of Cliche Anime Child, since she's not on the standard pattern Mihoyo child body like Hook. She's like the same size as Qingque.

qingque barely comes up to the door switches. She's gotta reach up for them, which is fun

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Black Griffon posted:

So what's the play after getting Seele? Hold on to my specials and wait for the next banner?

Or mindlessly keep pulling in hopes of getting someone new, realizing you're real close to that next 50/50 and then winning it again, leading to mild annoyance.

It's fine.

I really wish I could figure out what type of damage each area wants; all I can really determine is that it feels like every fight has something weak to wind/imaginary, but that's plainly just because I don't have/didn't bring one. I'm running around space china with sushang, qingque, fire-me, and natashalol already e-6 and it's mostly fine, so they're my priority for ascensions just now (since I can't actually manage the FOEs at 40/40 now). But I do feel like the game badly wants me to be wandering around with march and dan, even if he's insisted on staying home and then changed his mind and is off having his own adventures.

Well, March has suddenly gone up in my priority list because I know she's got a debuff cleanse that I suddenly have a desperate need for. But is there anyone in particular I should prioritize ascensions/boss-item needing traces for besides those 4?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Sometimes the trail you blaze is over the feelings of a chirpy anime. It's fine, she probably likes it. It's not like anyone else on the ship's really going to humor her.

Draxion posted:

Natasha also has a debuff cleanse, if you're already using her get that one.

Yeah, I'll see if she needs an annoying boss fight for it (although I guess if I ascend enough people I can just outrace the 2nd phases). I was going to just drag March along because I already unlocked her cleanse and I vaguely recall ice being a weakness element for something in the fight.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Don't mess with the rabbitman, except to tell him he got a bit taller.

Or Else.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

studio mujahideen posted:

the english voices are all over the place so im gonna switch off, which of the JP/CN voices are better in peoples experience?

I haven't tried CN, but the JP is perfectly fine. But just like genshin, a lot of names in/related to space china are different, if that matters to you.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Does the eating contest on the luofu ever come back? The guy in boulder town just let me try to stuff my face wtih crabs again, but the steamed bun lady hasn't given me the option since I choked on some buns a couple days ago.

Also, it's rather strange that I had to advance the story a fair bit until I could start poking at these boxes, the trashcans were available the second you could set foot in the city.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Endorph posted:

theres actually some interestng stuff with that. it refuses to give both march and sampo a rating. wonder if it means march is related to whatever group sampo is a part of or if its just them both being mysterious.

I vaguely assumed that was because she's secretly a god or whatever term they have for god-touched people. But that's also based on assuming it's doing something weird like rating things based on how human they are, which only sorta works for like, tingyun or herta's dolly.

It was a nice touch that the trailblazer's score is your starting ATK, though.

e:

Ibblebibble posted:

For some reason there's another "unknown" category where it doesn't refuse to give a rating, it just skips the line that has the rating. I found out that Clara has this issue, think there's a couple of others too.

I assumed that was a bug, for the one person I saw it come up with. Pela, maybe?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I liked collecting some newlywed's collection of doujins and anime figurines. Easily the best bit of precious trash I've picked up.

I am a little disappointed I needed to actually do the daily quest for this idiot kid's ghost story about a toilet. C'mon, I already got a toilet cheevo, I should just be able to tell him "yeah it's a warp toilet. It's over here in a storeroom if you wanna go on a trip."

delfin posted:

What's the best way to earn local currencies once the missions have dried up? I'm 430 Hertareum, 180 Shields and many, many Strales (naturally, quests there are only half-available) from buying out the respective local shops, and I've already exhausted sidequests like mine-cart wrangling and compass twirling.

Mostly wandering around talking to people until you stumble on a quest to go mining or fix someone's emotional support robot or find a vase to fill with trash or whatever. There's plenty of hidden quests, as opposed to someone sending you an sms asking for help. But it's all in the oldschool rpg way where you gotta rub your face on everything.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I can only assume it's to keep file sizes down on mobile or something.

They just recently let you delete the old events, only on mobile. They were just sitting there taking up space (assuming you had downloaded them in the first place).

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

The train made her do it, she's fine.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Kinda messed up that my options for trying to get a song out of pom pom's head were: break pom pom's mug, denude pom pom's beloved tree, or walk on the sofa with my muddy shoes.

On the other hand, it's canonically been like a week and that little bastard has yet to deign to give me a room, so maybe he deserves it.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Oh, that reminds me. The free food guy in boulder town stopped giving me free food :(

If he told me that he was just going to give me one of everything he sells, I would not have eaten all those drat crabs.Of course I would have, let's not be silly

Anyway it's pretty hosed up that I had to say I didn't bring a souvenir for pom pom when I left that place, my pockets were full of sausages and I can't help but notice I've got a ton of belobog coins that don't do anything in my pockets. Could've just given him an old penny, he'd probably be pleased.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

gacha gave me a serval, which feels like mockery.

:thanks:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

Does the new event refreshes its rewards every day or is it a one and done? I've been preoccupied with Darkest Dungeon 2 so I haven't even touched it

it opens a new difficulty daily, and each difficulty has its set of rewards. nothing stopping you from doing it all in one day once everything's unlocked, if you'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I'm glad these are fun

also better edited than say, the last half of space china and the quests that follow that