Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah I uh, ain't doing that. I already get annoyed by 5 minute long rerolls, 30 minutes is absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

How come we already know what the second banner is going to be? I thought this was a global release (and thus didn't have chinese/japanese spoilers)?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

My gacha luck with Mihoyo continues to be terrible as I pull the one character I was the least interested in from my beginner banner (Gepard). At least he seems solid in terms of mechanics? In better news this game is actually very funny. I greatly enjoy how much of an absolute weirdo the Trailblazer is in the flavor dialogue for interacting with stuff.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I mean you don't need to tell me, that's pretty much the reason I didn't want him. Like hell was I gonna reroll in this game though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

FractalSandwich posted:

...I also got Gepard's E1 off my 7th roll on the standard banner. I can't can even be mad. This is just silly.

Well, if it makes you feel any better his first constellation or shard or whatever the gently caress is pretty intensely significant, it makes his freeze application pretty drat consistent to the point where you can actually rely on it proccing rather than it being a nice surprise. Doesn't make up for not getting a different 5 star, but as far as consolation prizes go, it could be worse I guess.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Clarste posted:

Personally, I just read her skill descriptions and went "nope, not playing mahjong."

Unfortunately I don't have any real gacha luck so she's my only option for Quantum so she's getting built, mahjong minigame or not.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Excelzior posted:

Every Praise of High Morals I get makes me feel ashamed of the words and deeds I could've said and done

On the other hand I will gladly spend my praise to dig through a fountain for treasure like some sort of horrible goblin person.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

drat, I stalled out at Trailblazer level 23. I did every single sidequest, opened every chest and still stalled. Realistically I should just wait until tomorrow for the daily and for a few quests that are day-limited and it will get me the rest of the way there, but... Honestly I never use stamina items in these games after the first couple days anyways so I'm tempted to just chug the free fuel the game gave me at a couple points to get past this chokepoint. Also I'm going to find it incredibly funny, and by funny I mean sad, if Mihoyo didn't give us a condensed resin craft equivalent by default.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man folks were right the ending of the first real planet was pretty rad. Good music as well and I appreciate how it's timed very precisely with the phase transition attack.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Honestly don't feel bad about that, it's pretty normal. Getting a 5* out of pity is lucky, not standard. drat things have a 0.6% rate after all.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Eimi posted:

At least it doesn't seem like there's a ToTD tier of 3* weapon that's really worth keeping? None of them seem that useful compared to the 4*s.

Weirdly I've felt the other way around, where (5 superimposed) 3*'s seem more generically useful for people. The stats are lower than 4*'s tho which is kinda eh. It's just that you have stuff like for instance the basic rear end starter destruction light cone that gives 40% increased basic atk and skill dmg vs the dog 4* which gives 10% ATK and increases damage to Bleeding or Burning targets by 16%. The first one seems a lot more universally applicable than the second. There's a couple 4*'s that are generically very good but honestly the competition is a lot tighter than Genshin. If the base stats were the same I think I'd be rocking 3*'s on nearly everyone. 5*'s are, of course, insane, but also getting a 5* light cone as a low spender is not something that's likely to happen anytime soon so whatever.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

delfin posted:

I'm having fun with the Simulated Universe, but World 3 will be a tough nut to crack before Trail 30 lets me lift the level cap again.

I'm about 2500 exp away from 29 and the next destination. Am I right that there's nothing in the repeatables that grants exp but doesn't cost trailblazer energy?

You're correct. It's an intentional time gate.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Sometimes this game gets cheeky as hell.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Flowing Thot posted:

Pulled a Welt after like 50 pulls do I still get the 90 pull 5 star or is that chance gone now?

It resets, but your next 5* is guaranteed to be the banner headliner (this carries over between banners too). Also, while the hard pity is at 90 you're not realistically going to need that many, assuming it's the same system as GI, a soft pity starts up at the 70's range that will usually land you the 5* within a ten pull or so.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

There's a distinct lack of trash cans on the third planet. I'm very disappointed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Is Bronie the same as Silver Wolf? According to the leaks at this site https://honkailab.com/characters/silver-wolf-build/ her kit looks completely nuts.

I definitely want her, as well as the upcoming Imaginary healer. A second healer will be great once we get to the "Spiral Abyss" equivalent where you need two full teams.

Fun fact, you start needing two teams at the 10th stage.

Also I've honestly not felt like I've needed a healer so far. But I did get Gepard as my beginner 5* and I gotta tell you that guy does wonders for survivability. My usual go-to team is Phys Trailblazer, Gepard, Seele and Asta, works pretty well. I was using Dan until I got Seele and it was fine but there's something hilarious about stacking Seele's personal SPD buff and naturally high SPD with Asta's SPD buff. I should maybe replace Phys Trailblazer with someone else but I don't have Susheng and having a modular Ult comes in handy surprisingly often too.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Good Citizen posted:

So far it seems like Trace materials you get from the 3x a week boss battles are the real bottleneck, and I’m getting way more xp items than I need to cap out my main 4

Honestly the big bottleneck for me has been the class materials. The stuff like broken swords and keys and shields and such. You need so many of them for a multiple different things...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Same, except even moreso for me because I have neither Clara nor Susheng somehow. So uh, Phys Trailblazer is my only real option for Phys. Besides like, Natasha, technically.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

He's got a fun gimmick that plays really well with the Destruction set in SU. Uh, that's about it, I found him to be generally less useful than Serval in other content. I guess you might eventually want a full Lightning team for some reason and he'd be... One of those?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Bussamove posted:

The Def and HP powercouple will always be there for you, waiting to kill your dopamine drip.

There's more characters that actually want that now and in a turn based system you can't truly 100% avoid getting hit so defensive stats aren't anywhere near as useless as they are in Genshin.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I got the Destruction LC from the Herta shop and this thing is hilarious on Phys MC, especially since mine is also wearing the boxer Phys set. Just multiple stacking sources of ATK.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Qingque seems like the character that benefits the most from their dupes and talents. They turn her from a random as hell skill point drain into something resembling reliable. The real problem with her is her general role of Quantum DPS is just... Completely overshadowed by Seele. Even though Seele's single target her turn chaining probably means she does "AoE" better than Qingque is most instances...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean people that read character guides prolly just want to make number go up, and the “funness” of a character’s ability doesn’t make number go up so it’s a non-factor.

E: It’s a guide. Just tell me how to play the character in the most efficient way. It seems like that’s what the guide’s author is doing so again I don’t see the issue.

I beat W3 and I have 7, so I think you can buy your first weapon after beating W4.

But hey, it’s more fun to spend the currency on gacha tickets because it’s a gacha game and it’s fun to gamble using free resources. Yay fun!

I mean, follow your dreams, but that's a pretty bad use of an extremely limited currency. Two of the three Herta shop LCs are extremely good and unlike other 5* LCs you can gradually get them to max Superimpose without it taking ridiculous amounts of real life money and luck.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I managed to scrounge up the last few standard tickets I needed today to hit 90 pulls on Standard. I hadn't gotten any 5*'s out of it before, so I was going to hit hard pity. I got a 5*... Light Cone at like pull 86. Welt's. I don't even have Welt. "Oh well" I said as I kept pressing the button on my ten pull. I then get another 5* on the very next pull. And it's another LC. Himeko's this time, who I at least have but have not bothered building.

I didn't even know you could GET two 5* LC's in a row from the standard banner.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, and it'll be a *really* long time to hit 300 on the standard banner. Probably like a year+.

I'm already at 90 but that's admittedly with the giant pile of starter juice they give you. But we'll probably get events that give us pulls so I doubt it'll be that long. Probably not exactly gonna be soon either though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Xalidur posted:

After the nightmare of World 3, World 4 was basically free. Felt like a reward for getting that far.

I also got the 5* healer Light Cone from the standard banner, which seems extremely good. I'd have preferred a character but Natasha actually adding some team support DPS is nice.

Now I just need to decide which Herta cone to get. Is there any consensus on priorities for those? Tempted to go for the Hunt one for More Seele Crits.

Hunt is probably best of the lot. Destruction sounds good but ATK% buffs are kinda bad. And the Preservation one is just kinda mediocre.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

His LC is absolutely completely and utterly cracked. I might pull for it rather than him even as a welkin-only player because it's just that insane.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

sushibandit posted:

I am halfway through TL38 and considering the same. Does energy work the same as resin in Genshin, in that anything which consumes it grants equivalent exp? So it doesn't matter what you use it on if all you want to do is level up?

Yup. One exception though, is SU, since you get some free "condensed resin" from the reward track every week the first couple runs of SU a week are extremely cost effective. Especially since you don't need to spend any fuel to get the tokens, you can just do a run without grabbing rewards.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I do hope we get an event or something soon. I think Genshin got its first event 3 weeks in, so if this game is copying Genshin as closely as it looks like it is, we should get our first one next week, right?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Asta with Dance, Dance, Dance! is extremely funny. I even have mine at SI1 due to being chronically unlucky. I feel like at max SI it's an insane menace.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I mean we barely know anything about Star Rail's Himeko. She probably has better hidden damage.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm pretty sure the final boss of world 6 is just completely immune to freeze no matter the source. Which, y'know, makes sense, but it's kinda funny that she just completely no-sells an entire blessing set.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Clarste posted:

Logging into the website is a step too far for me in terms of daily annoyances, so I don't.

I have a window open that just has a bunch of gacha related resources I need to check every now and then so I just keep the mihoyo daily login bullshit open on there too.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

kirbysuperstar posted:

APHO is still the best combat Mihoyo has made

It's basically a budget mobile DMC and that's great. Honestly impressive how well it works.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ibblebibble posted:

New guy just dropped on the official Weibo, coming in 1.2. Physical Nihility, should be interesting.

Hope he's good, I love fistfighters as an archetype.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hit TB50, immediately ran out of literally every resource and only got two characters to 70. Maybe I shouldn't have leveled so many characters up to 60... But I would've probably run out of credits anyways.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Combat is more consistent but sometimes Occurrence gets you the Ruan Mei event that means you instantly win. I never take Trade and I only take the combat event one if I've already got a super good run going because those are usually hard as hell.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

How did they gently caress up this hard? Absolutely incredible.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It just seems very bizarre that an earthquake could delay this stream at all since it's like... Prerecorded, you know? I don't think it takes much to just press the "release the stream" button, earthquake or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I mostly just wanted the conclusion so we'd have Hunt TB to plan teams around.