Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
My friend's support Jing Yuan was great when I started the game a few weeks ago and wanted to speedrun material/relic farms. Now that I've just hit Equilibrium 5...maybe not as much. So it goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Got Lynx, who is all I really wanted from this pool; also how are you people all getting millions of Hooks, I have never pulled her once in my whole time playing.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
The Lynx (+ Pela) quest was really sweet, I'm a sucker for that kind of story. Yes, the part with Pela's mom got me. I would gladly take part in more quests where we just follow around people who are hanging out and having a nice time. :3:

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I hope so, I chose support units for every one even if they didn't match the suggested path.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
The day 1 DHIL pulls vs day 1 Fu Xuan pulls graph is...yeah, pretty much what I would've expected.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

oh man i just found and did the final part of Cyrille's quest after all this time

that is a hosed up questline.

That one and the woman from Bailu's companion quest were two that just made me feel real bad after I finished the quests, not going to lie.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
With Topaz being good with follow-up characters, I have to ask-- is she any good with Kafka or are they not a good combo? I didn't see her mentioned, so I wasn't sure if it was just a case of "poo poo combo, and everyone knows it."

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Loving Sampo's stylish purse in this

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Holy poo poo, that scam text from the guy pretending to be Dan Heng that you get for taking a picture of a poster in the new area took me out.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Chess Ghost is my new best friend, I think.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I play on my phone so I don't stress too much, because I know there's no way I'm getting everything with these clunky-rear end controls.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Buddy, I play on a tablet, which is basically "playing on a phone, but even more awkward." It's possible :colbert:

Sorry, I don't know how to read. Let me be comfortable with mediocrity

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Not making any accusations, but has anyone actually seen a Broken Keel link rope with energy regeneration rate as the main stat? I see it's listed there as a possibility but that might just be to throw us off.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I think Kafka is pretty... :blush:

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I'm partially waiting for Kafka rerun so I can get her LC; I do have about 20 pulls right now but not sure who to pull on, since I'm pretty neutral on Huohuo and Argenti. Might just wait for the next patch.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Got my Bladie (I started playing after his first banner, so this was my first chance to get him), got all the cats, still have the quest to beat March 7th at Pokemon in my tracker. Clearly this is optimal play style.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I've had Kafka set as my support since I got her and I get regular credits. Pretty sure it's just one friend of mine using her, but credits are credits.

otoh, I've really started wanting Jingliu since using her as a support, especially since I got Blade, so I've been providing regular credits to Jingliu havers.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I'm happy that the event gave me my...first Lynx eidolon? How have I never pulled another Lynx? I have E2 Blade because of sheer dumb luck and two 50/50 wins in a row, but I really had E0 Lynx?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Get Yanqing, ascend him, and use the tickets from it to try to get a better character. It'd be funny.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Nice, got E1 Kafka with my third consecutive 50/50 win. I'm sure I'll pay for it in a few weeks with rancid luck, though.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I just want the ability to mark characters as favorites so I don't have to scroll past the ones I thought I would use so I leveled them up but I never bother with.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Finished the origami bird hunt last night. Go ahead, ask me how mad I was to spend literal hours checking every inch of hotel just to find the last bird at the spot where all the birds go once you find them.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Clarste posted:

You can just pay the birds a coin to point out the ones you're missing.

Can't do that, all my coins went to...

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Has anyone won the capsule grand prize

That light cone is just taunting me

I won the light cone last night, but haven't yet gotten the other prize.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

My least favorite are the Clockie ones, because they feel a little fiddly for what actually counts as the path being "connected".

If it helps, they run off a similar logic to the Dream's Edge puzzles, where what matters is that according to the current perspective, the path is connected.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Wow, this might be the worst stat roll I've ever gotten. I used my last stat-modeling resin on this...

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Guess this means I beat the game.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I'll be joining the ranks of "maybe on a rerun," personally. Trailers are cool but she just isn't for me.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Is Luocha getting a rerun or is he gone gone? Shame if the latter, though Lynx is doing fine as the sustain for my Blade team.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

qbert posted:

You only need 2 sustains and of the 3 limited ones he's the weakest. Adventurine probably pushes him to 4th place. Rumor is that Fu Xuan will be the rerun at 2.1 launch, so between those two and Huohuo, it's gonna be hard finding a reason to pull for him later.

Aren't shielders kind of the opposite of what you want for Blade though?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
What was the % rate for getting specific types of damage boost on planar spheres? Just asking so I know exactly how mad to be that my last 4 Broken Keel spheres have rolled Imaginary. It's for Bronya! I don't need Imaginary! Stop giving me Imaginary!!!

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

To be fair, Bronya's damage is pretty loving marginal - I'd take a wrong-element orb that has great substats for a support no problem.

Hell, my Bronya is running a def% orb.

Yeah, right now she has an absolutely trash wind damage orb; recommended is def/HP, which I have not rolled. Only Imaginary. Maybe this run of World 7 will get me something useful!

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

bronya absolutely does not want a wind dmg% orb. it offers almost literally nothing even on turns where bronya does wind up autoattacking.

I should clarify, I absolutely just threw the first thing I had on her, and have been rolling other elements ever since. No defense, no HP. Wind damage would not be my choice if I had one.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
At that point, I think you just have to give up and accept that winning isn't in the tiles.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I wish we could've sent treats to our Stellaron Hunter pals. Oh well, it was nice to give Pom-Pom a gift.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
"Well, I only really need two reruns to get my teams where I want them, and that's Luocha and Jingliu. I should be fine to save up for them no problem!"

welp

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Selenephos posted:

I know and I love that they do that, but I can't help but wonder if people would dislike the way the storytelling is done in that patch because it constantly shifts POVs?

I've been enjoying it so far, fwiw. No prior history with HI3.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Also, did anyone else who played last night not get refreshed Cosmodyssey dice when they logged in today? Not sure if it's a bug or if I did something wrong.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

i think there isnt gonna be a reset until tomorrow? so people didnt have to log in at like midnight to not miss a day of it

Oh that makes sense! That's good then, I'm glad it was done for a reason.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I ran my Huohuo/Kafka/Black Swan/Asta party and only Swan died, I got lucky with that I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
My main disappointment with 2.1 is that I couldn't get Kafka to come and take a picture at the photo boards because she was on a mission. Elio, let her chill on Penacony!