Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Is it just me or wouldn't it make more sense to swap the roles for Erudition and Destruction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Would that be benificent?

Seems more intuitive to me. Erudition being jack of all trades and Destruction being AoE damage.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Honestly, you might not even need Nat with Gepard on the team.

berenzen posted:

Once gepard is stacked enough (i.e. has about 2500 defense and a energy regen rope), you can basically just not run a healer and you're fine. His shields are so beefy that you're usually getting another gepard ult before the shields get knocked down off your team

Yep, beaten!

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Pain of Mind posted:

I did not play Genshin much, but I liked that the Asia server was pretty far ahead so you could budget for OP characters.

Huh? The Asian servers in Genshin and Star Rail are usually ahead by a few hours to a day I thought?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Anything that isn't the combat and the character drama parts of the story is absolute garbage.

Just skim through the wiki posts and animated videos the Honkai fans grasping at straws will post here or in the Genshin thread and you'll have experienced most of the good stuff about it.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I'm glad we got the version we have in Star Rail, dumb chicken included.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

The side story and incidental dialogue writers have pretty good comedic timing and can write witty banter, so definitely not the same team.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Count me in for another vote for a separate HI3 thread. I'm sure both us Star Rail normies and the Honkai lore nerds will be happier with it. Heck, you might actually be able to sell your game better with a nice thread telling people about all the cool things that game has to offer.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

i have 600+ starlight, bronya's lc is the best in the store, right? the only other one that even looks good is gepard's lc (i don't have gepard) if only to pair it with march 7 to more easily support my yanqing.

I remember a theorycrafter's video that basically rated Gepard's first, even if you don't have him, because it's a ridiculous amount of stats, with Bronya's being a close second but only if you do have her.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Eimi posted:

Remember we're traveling universes here, not through space. The Express jumps from leaf to leaf on the Imaginary Tree. So the travel time is presumably not that much once the tracks are fixed. This also how there are two Bronya's in the game, both Belobolg and Punklorde are in different universes.

No I don't think this is the case at all, seeing as how people from all these different places we visit are fully aware of the other locations and never mention visiting the Belobog universe or whatever.

Dimensional hopping might also exist, but that's not what the Astral Express is doing when we go from Herta Space Station to the Luofu for example.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Clarste posted:

I mean if everyone is dimension hopping (which I think is implied) then it wouldn't be weird at all for them to just think of it as how space travel works.

If space travel was just universe hopping, that entire side quest in Herta Space Station about the researcher waiting for his sweetheart to come back and fearing a temporal disparity would make zero sense.

Eimi posted:

(HI3 stuff!)

I legitimately don't believe posting examples from HI3 makes for compelling evidence in this case. The game seems completely uninterested in connecting the two games in anything other than winks and nods so far. Welt to me is the exception, and not the rule.

Ytlaya posted:

I guess you could maybe explain this as "everyone is aware that the universe exists as a bunch of dimensions with their own planets in them and the more technologically advantages civilizations/organizations, like the Luofu or IPC, are capable of traveling between them." Though then things get really weird because "what's even up with stars/galaxies also existing" (though game lore being really weird/dumb about stuff like that isn't exactly uncommon).

I feel like if the Luofu could just hop to different universes altogether, they'd just hop to one where the Abundance doesn't exist in an attempt to solve their long life curse, since that seems to be a byproduct of the Aeon's influence?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

UHD posted:

at this point i wish this game was literally anything except honkai

Yep. The HI3 baggage makes it a worse experience.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Yeah, unless a character is specifically with you as a story trial character, they're not actually there. It's like a "what if" kind of situation.

Bronya might be in your party helping fight against mara-struck in the Luofu, but it's only a gameplay contrivance, since the in-universe Bronya would never abandon Belobog.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

ER Rope, then Speed Boots, then CR or CD Chest would be my priority.

If the support that wants the Rope doesn't desperately need it, I might skip them in favor of Speed Boots.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Yeah, it was a lot more time consuming than what I wanted out of a non-flagship event. Had to spread it out over several days.

Basically, if it's not the main event in a patch, I want it to be a quick and painless affair.

I actually skipped out on the recent storytelling one completely when people said it was overly verbose and were comparing it to Genshin at its worst.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

facepalmolive posted:

Would love more CR% on her (and more ATK), but hey, if you aren't gamblin' you ain't truly playing Qingque! (...)

Wouldn't leveling her to 80 and getting that last LC ascension and lvl 80 as well fix your wish for more Atk? It's a good amount of base stats.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Tatsuta Age posted:

gettin into spoiler territory maybe but (...)

Why are you still being weird about this?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Walla posted:

I didn't find it weird. If you've been called out for spoilers in the past, then it's only natural to be safe going forward. Just answer the question and move on instead of making it into a thing.

This person wasn't called out and has just been weirdly passive-aggressive about the one time people asked to please spoil story beats and maybe datamined characters.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Endorph posted:

you also get things like fu xuan being noticeably very short without using the kid model like hook does

Isn't that just the Pela, Qingque and Lynx model?

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Zokari posted:

jesus, the intro to this event is like a dozen text boxes of empty blathering

probably my biggest issue with this game, get to the loving point!!

I'd usually be echoing your gripes but I really don't think it's that bad this time around? We only talk to one person, don't have to travel anywhere and it's a one-time thing just for flavor.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Bad Video Games posted:

Managed to do Jingliu's quest last night. I liked it!

The pacing of everything is a bit slower than I would like. Since 1.5 features several characters from the Luofu, then we probably won't see the next world until next year.

I really thought having a tiny set of small instanced maps with no gameplay verticality such as climbing, jumping or gliding... would mean faster iterating on new worlds to visit in the Star Rail universe.

Honestly, it's my biggest complaint with the game, especially since the Luofu storytelling is all over the place so it's not like they need all that extra time to sort out plot threads.

On the plus side, other than the Kleevents in Genshin, the events in Star Rail have been vastly superior.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Kale, it's okay to just roll your eyes at people being dumb online and move on; instead of constantly bringing it into the thread like a cat dumping a dead bird on their owner's lap.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

GateOfD posted:

Yanqing is a really bad autobattler.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Xalidur posted:

I didn't consider this at all. That makes a lot of sense.

I'll +1 the idea of Boots always being Speed.

I would also submit the idea that we should get Perfectly Statted Relics as event rewards from time to time.

I've always thought in Genshin that a good anniversary gift would've been a token to let you create one artifact of any set and any slot with a main stat and sub stats of your choice.

The community would go crazy for it and it would be a drop in the ocean considering how many characters they pump out.

In Star Rail those could just be Super Duper Special Resin.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

NeonPunk posted:

Am I the only one who's bored with the Xianzhou? I honestly don't want to see any other event involving them for a while. There's a whole universe out there! We've already went on that whole silly saying goodbyes to everybody thing and yet we're still sticking around.

Yeah, I've been tired of them before the story even wrapped up. Fantasy China with a micron thin paint of sci-fi didn't grab me at first, and the glimpses of a better story that they didn't stick the landing with were enough to just make me kind of hate the place. I love going back to Herta Space Station and to Jarilo VI, but I wouldn't be upset if we never went back to the Luofu ever again.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

soscannonballs posted:

Played for a bit tonight and did all my pulls on the beginner banner, got Clara as the guaranteed 5*. Only new 4* unit I got was Sampo, otherwise got some dupes of the starter characters. My team so far is the main character, Dr Ratio, Asta, and then either March 7 or Serval depending on what element I need. I don't think I am gonna mess with Clara since she is the same class/element as the main guy. I haven't used any of the premium summons yet, not sure if the current banners are good or if the new one in a few days will be better

Clara is a much better Physical unit than the Trailblazer, and the TB themselves can eventually change their element, so I wouldn't dismiss her just yet.

As for your golden tickets, I'd save them all for Sparkle, who's on the second banner in the upcoming patch, and is looking to be a Bronya tier support character.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

I tried to get Black Swan E1 and landed at the point where another 10 pull will pretty much guarantee. Do you think Black Swan E1 is better than an easy E0 Sparkle?

E1 Black Swan is pretty darned good, but I'll always recommend a new character over even the strongest Eidolons with the possible exception of the character in question being your fave.

Like if you adore Black Swan as both a character and as an unit, by all means get that E1, but Sparkle is looking to be a very powerful Harmony unit to have on any account.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

If you get a purple relic with the right main stat, three starting sub stats, and then all upgrades go into a premium sub stat, I'd keep it because a borderline perfect purple is vastly superior to the average 5* relic.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

I thought the idea was that the memetic entity is an anomaly and capable of killing people in real life by destroying their dream avatar. Otherwise it wouldn't really be a threat.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

They practically had characters look at the camera and say Tingyun might still be alive.

Even if that's the case, the playable Tingyun wouldn't be the real Tingyun either. She'd be the Tingyun that Phantylia was pretending to be.

I have no doubt that if there's a different Tingyun, she will be her own character. Maybe even a 5*.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

The big robot from the robot duo boss fight has oneshotted my Fu Xuan multiple times with that butt stomp move.

For reference, mine has her LC and over 8k HP, and that doesn't seem to matter at all in G&G Conundrum runs.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Goons Resist the Urge to Spoil Unreleased Story Content Challenge (Impossible!)

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

A little late to the party, but in regards to Yanqing, can he put out good numbers? Absolutely. Here's what he can do against the latest Echo of War:

But this is an E5S2 Yanqing, with very good relics, with an E6S1 Ruan Mei, E2S1 Sparkle and E6S1 Aventurine.

And for reference, this is an E1S1 Jingliu, with way worse relics, in the same team, with the same buffs and debuffs, fighting the same enemy, hitting only one target:

So while he's more than up for the task, I can't really recommend farming up relics and all the mats needed to get to this point, when you could just invest in a limited 5* instead and get way more bang for your buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Eej posted:

I mean the main takeaway I'm getting is that Jingliu is an easy skip now if you lost 50/50 to Yanqing and are saving for the slew of limited banners coming in the next two patches.

A Jingliu with considerably worse relics than Yanqing will perform about the same as he does... against a single target. Remember that Jingliu's splash damage isn't even being added up here.

Pain of Mind posted:

I am not sure if people with multiple E6 banner 5*s are representative of the average person's team strength.

Oh for sure. It's more to illustrate that even with absolutely insane supports, his damage is just good. Not superb. Acceptable for that level of investment at best.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 2, 2024