Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hmm. Playing Genshin like a year ago was my first experience with gachas, and the whole thing seemed scummy enough to make me think I'd never play another. I'm an absolute sucker for good turn based combat though, I'll probably wind up trying it out against my better judgement. No risk of it ever sucking money out of me, so whatever. No paimon equivalent is a huge plus, that was maybe the most aggressively annoying I've ever found a videogame character.

Hope the combat is genuinely engaging and fun for a while at least!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Catching up on the thread, but I'm gonna ask this quick while it's in my head before I forget for the 15th time:

Is there any reason for me not to superimpose any 4 star lightcone dupes I get together? I'm getting decent enough numbers of them that I feel like even if I wanted to run two characters who could both use the cone, I'd be better off superimposing to make one better, and then just using a different one for the 2nd character. Anything I'm missing? Them being locked by default and then throwing up a warning when I go to do it has me second guessing.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Clarste posted:

It's just in case you want 2 of them on different characters, like you imagined. Maybe it doesn't matter so much for 4* ones, but I'm sure having two copies of a 5* lightcone is more valuable than one slightly better one. Maybe. The fact that you can switch them between people even in the Simulated World does make it less valuable to have spares of the same class, though.

Alright thanks, the point about 5* seems like a good one if I'm ever in a position to have to think about that, haha. I'll just take it on a case-by-case basis with each cone, then.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I was surprisingly invested into finding the bubbles once I finally found the right Herta to unlock them. They're like someone on the writing team wanted an excuse to write out 20 short horror scifi stories, I enjoyed them a lot.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Those ones make me feel insanely stupid. I'm sure they're simple, but my brain just absolutely cannot understand what I'm supposed to visualize there. Usually I finish one by luck, have a moment of thinking "OH, I think I get it now!" and then I completely forget by the next one.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've been saving mine with the intent to dump on 4* dupes when they put up any I'm interested in. The lightcones seem like probably a smarter use though.

There's few enough 4* that I'd be interested in doing that for that I maybe don't have to pick and choose either way, idk.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Good lord is MOC way easier for me with that loving deer being gone, I might actually clear the whole thing this week and get up to 24 stars or so. Insane how much it feels like Blade spiked the power of my account as someone who was seriously lacking in strong DPS before him. I've mostly had wretched luck with relic farming so far in this game, but I grabbed these for him tonight, feels like I came out pretty lucky:

Kafka talk: I'm the freak who is going all in on her banner because Sampo is my best friend and he deserves the best. And Luka is like perfectly laser targeted to me aesthetically. I'm probably dumping every pull I can scrounge together into it, and hoping I can manage Kafka + a ton of eidolons for my boys.

I don't know where I go after her banner really. Daniel is cool, but between Blade and the Dot Squad I feel like I'm probably good on damage characters. Might just save up for reruns to try and get Blade his cone, and see about grabbing an eidolon for someone, idk.

Coeurl Marx fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Tree Reformat posted:

people who play male pc confuse and scare me

I'm gay, few games let me play as a prettyboy, so I feel near obligated to whenever given the chance. Simple as. I feel like male MC has a slight bit of gay-voice going on too, which maybe that sounds weird to even bring up, but I think is neat as someone who has that going on IRL. Not something I expect to hear with a videogame protagonist.

Playing male MC definitely gave me a different read on those dialogue options than the rest of you though lol - I was constantly wondering "drat, why am I getting all these options to be a creep?" I did appreciate getting to frustrate March by talking about Jing Yuan being dreamy or whatever though.