Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Started playing the game a couple weeks ago on a whim (not realizing 2.0 was coming out) and was pleasantly surprised. I liked Genshin Impact well enough, but I really like Star Rail. And Penacony impressed visual/aesthetic-wise and with the writing. Looking forward to the continuation of the main story. Got quite a bit to catch up with, with the companion and normal quests so that will probably hold me over for a while.

Since I'm basically just jumping into it, what's the pace been like for releasing new story content for the game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Currently debating on if I should pull for someone on the banner. I don't think I have any of the great support characters (maybe I do and don't realize it yet), so I was thinking about going for Sparkle.
I was also wondering if I should bother with Jing yuan. I have Kakfa already so I thought probably not, but wasn't sure if Jing yuan fills a different niche well enough to be worth going for.
If I were to go for someone I am at risk of failing the 50/50.

Also, wanted to ask if Aventurine or Acheron are worth getting when they come up as well.

5 Stars I have for reference: Kafka, Black Swan, Dr. Ratio, DanIL, Clara, Bailu, Yanqing

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Danakir posted:

*Advice*

Thank you, very much appreciated. Didn't get lucky on the 50/50 but I should be fine to get her on the pity before the banner is up.

Another question I had was where should I look to for what are generally considered the best gear sets for characters? So far, I've been referring to Game8 and what they list makes sense, but wasn't sure if there was a better alternative resource.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

I'm real unclear on how death in dreamland maps to death irl, which im guessing is intentional. Like, maybe she can't come back to dreamland now which sucks due to the disease? But Robin being dead seems pretty permanent? Robin didn't dissolve into water so maybe she got killed in her dream bed? so many questions

Firefly is real good though

If I recall correctly, Black Swan said that the dream Penacony you are in normally is a "safe" version of it and not the real Dreamscape. The real one works differently and is more dangerous, and is the area that has the anomaly. I can't remember exactly what the quest was called when it's discussed, else I would have reviewed the script to say for certain.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Previously I asked for who I should pull for and got Sparkle (who's already a great addition) and it was suggested that I also get Aventurine. I believe that was before we knew Luocha would be getting a rerun. Should I go for Luocha now or save for Aventurine?

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Do stat boosting items not work for trials? Tried looking it up but I can't find confirmation one way or another. story spoiler I'm having trouble surviving the second phase of the fight against Aventurine and it doesn't seem like the defense boosting item works. Otherwise I think I'm stuck on this fight until I can grind better gear.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Oh I guess I could have waited to do that fight. I ended up spending a lot of stamina to get some better relics and ended up winning before the update.

Oh well, I would have wanted to get these upgrades anyway, just sped it up a bit spending some of the fuel resource.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Sorry if this is out of nowhere but since we're kinda talking about characters, what's the deal with Dr. Ratio? I don't understand him. From the earlier quests to this main story quest I don't really get why he does what he does.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

I was needlessly reckless and pulled for Acheron e2 and was thankfully lucky enough to win the 50/50 each time and got her light cone in 160 pulls total.

I dunno why, I did the same thing back in Genshin Impact for Raiden Shogun.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

How much of a difference does Aventurine's LC make versus the next best LC?

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

I enjoyed 2.2's story for the most part. Misha's part with the watchmaker and going over that backstory, as well as Acheron's background as the emanator guiding people affected by IX, along with Tiernan. I found it kind of funny that Firefly was trying to rush through the auditions, though it made sense. And the bit where you can skip the fight with Argenti by just telling him the truth.

librarerun posted:

Either the punchline hasn't landed yet, since we still have more Penacony story left or she was even more of a red herring and rube than even she thought, given that she was caught up in Ena's Dream too. It's entirely possible that she thought she knew more about what was going on than she really did, and badly underestimated what was really going to happen at the Charmony festival

While the Charmony Festival didn't end up happening, I do still think that the button is going to still come into play at some point before the crew warps out. Or maybe it'll be more amusing (from Sparkle's perspective) for it to happen on a return visit when everyone's forgotten about it.

Also, is Gallagher going to cease to exist? If I understand what he said in his last scene correctly, since he's done his job he won't exist anymore. I'm not really familiar with how the Enigmata and fictionologists work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Just remembered I wanted to ask about this:
Is Acheron an Emanator or not? A couple of characters said that Nihility having an Emanator is impossible, but a few other characters refer to her as such.