Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

MarcusSA posted:

Here is a re roll guide if this is your jam.

https://youtu.be/AM62bcX1qPg

It takes about 30 min or so to re roll.

gently caress that poo poo.

Ive never rerolled before and I'm certainly not starting now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

You get one guaranteed 5* from the 40 roll starter banner then another 5* selector after 300 rolls on the standard banner.

Don’t use the premium currency on the standard banner though since they supposedly will be giving plenty of tickets for that one.

I'm assuming it's less plenty and more consistent. As far as hoyo goes I only know genshin but like how you get a consistentt trickle of standard pulls through the free battle pass, by leveling characters, and then the five you can buy each month with the stardust.

I'm just assuming they'll be following that same philosophy.

E: this doesn't change the point of don't spend money on the standard banner

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

god damnit mihoyo, why did you have to make the warp trotter cower.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm only able to play small amounts until my vacation next week but I'm enjoying beating monsters up with mahjong tiles

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Zenostein posted:

I swapped over to japanese to give that a listen and it's interesting how it's so much less cartoon-y sounding. I'm not really sure if I like a non-chirpy march, but the only real drawback for me is that you don't really get herta's various degrees of enthusiasm for spinning in the japanese track.

I installed the japanese tracks solely to swap to when I put Herta on my team so I can listen to her go Kuru Kuru

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

https://twitter.com/Rissuuu/status/1652682517118590977?s=20

I appreciate how much of a freak the fanbase has been portraying the MC as.

same

https://twitter.com/douleou/status/1652326572433747968
https://twitter.com/douleou/status/1652672283004239872

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm only level thirty on ice world but I've been regularly swapping parties based on what I'm about to fight.

Helps not having a long "load" to get to the party screen like genshin

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm incredibly annoyed at my last SU run. I ran through most of world 4 pretty easily but then I got to Svarog phase 3 and his hands basically one shot natasha and seele from near full health and then at some point him and his hands got like 9 turns in a row and I just died to multiple of his bombardment moves.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

After my last SU failure I ground up my sampo...uh i mean I grinded him some levels and gear and went in with Nihility and getting 99 stacks of suspciion or whatever and having svarog just eat poo poo from dots at 55% health was pretty sayisfying.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

woah hold on you cant just leave that unexplained

Here, have some curse

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m at the point of the game where there’s just nothing to do. Commissions take less than 10 minutes. Then 4-5 artifact domains every other day. And then… that’s it.

Oh and there’s “talk to Tubby 7 times because you keep forgetting to learn a blueprint or something” and god drat I loving hate that bird. I hate her so much I’ve been contacting CS every day and then when the CS person responds I’ve been rating them as “unhelpful” and “1 star” cause they haven’t fixed the god drat issue.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Then they can bring it up with management when they get chewed out.

Not my problem.

It creates more visibility for the issue which is what I want.

My rationale is complaining about it to CS gets me a canned “I’ve forwarded this to the devs” message which most likely means it’s put in a box somewhere where it won’t be addressed forever. I understand that anything under 4 out of 5 stars is like getting an F and that’s not my problem. I want those CS people to get warned/a talking to about having to improve their numbers. Then they can complain to their management about how the only reason they are getting 1 star is because of the loving BIRD. And if this keeps happening to different CS staff day after day after day then maybe they’ll (the management) will realize that the bird is the loving problem, and push harder to get that loving bird silenced. And if not? Oh well. Not my loving problem. The questionnaire asks if the CS was helpful which I answered truthfully no because they weren’t. And because they weren’t helpful they get 1 star.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

e: I still can't tell if this was supposed to be sarcastic or not. Like, it seems so absurd on its face

Garrand fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 27, 2023

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

why would you even get that mad at tubby? its like one dialog prompt

At one point, every time you exited one of tubby's menus it'd kick you out of the conversation entirely.

So you'd do the trust rank / redeem, then have to talk to tubby again. Go into the trade menu, and when you exited that if you forgot something you'd have to talk to tubby again. It did get really tedious if you remembered something right when you exited.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Revitalized posted:

is the 50/50 reset once you get two 5-stars? Like the banner plus one extra? And then it's a 50/50 coin flip again? Or does it just forever alternate?

I'm planning to get Silver Wolf, but also I want Qingque eidolons lol

You gain a guarantee when you pull a 5* on the event banner that is NOT the banner listed 5*. The next time you pull a 5* it will be the banner listed one, and then you lose the gauarantee.

If you don't have a guarantee you have a 50% pulling the banner 5*, and if you do you do not get any kind of guarantee on your next one so it will continue being a coin flip.

It's pretty simple to think about. What was your last 5* on the event banner? Was it the banner character? Then the next one is a coin flip. If it wasn't the banner character, you have a guarantee set up for the next 5* you pull. It's common to get a guarantee and then just sit on it until the banner character you really want comes.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Here, listen to this instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB46Az4FPJA

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Is the damage reduction / healing below 50% relic set useful on anyone? I'm farming the quantum set for seele and wondering if I have any particular use for this second stuff I'm getting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Gonna build a full team of tingyun, bronya, silver wolf, seele. Someone's going to explode, it's just a question of who

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

man, I have done 3 SU runs as Destruction and each time I get like 4 destruction blessings and just a bunch of random non-synergistic stuff. Managed to pull out a victory this time but it's getting annoying.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

why is this like this. Hunt gotta do things different I guess

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

yeah, for some reason Hunt is the only one that does that in the book. All the rest just say Bud of x

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

To this point nihility has far and away been my.most effective runs in su. Bring in sampo, run up 99 stacks of suspicion even with just the unupgraded blessing and see Kafka or svarog eat half a health bar at the start of their turn

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm doing the opposite of no healer runs. bailu, natasha (admittedly under geared cause i put all the resources into bailu) fire mc, sampo. tank everything and cram as much nihility in as possible. War of attrition. Just did my first 6-2 clear with that. This strategy really amuses me.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Since I wasn't thinking and did a bunch of simulated universe earlier, is there any reason for me to not just do the first two elites and quit? I'm assuming drop rates are the same across all the things.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

UHD posted:

you could also save it for later and knock out tomorrow's double rates in one boss

that's a good point. I forgot you can like, save your position or whatever.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Wooh, finally hit EQ 60

*20 minutes later*

welp i'm broke

I had put SW in a kind of generic cowboy set but decided to go the break route and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Snagged a break rope and am at 140% break with 91% hit and having some fun popping bosses in SU.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

This was both break-sw and nihility dots. Fun times

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

As much as I like the goofy texts with sampo and herta, i honestly like the serious ones more. Bronya with her uncertainty about being thrust into supreme guardianship, Yukong talking about her kid etc. I really like the bits of humanization of these characters.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Enthralpy/status/1675601734561943553

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I have no talent, someone 'shop a beer into his hand and have him stand in front of a trailer.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

When can i pull for Peppy?

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still waiting for my Genshin KFC bucket

Pulled a welt, so I have a guarnatee I'll probably use on kafka. Nice timing with the double calyx, will make this a lot less painful to get him up to speed

Garrand fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 10, 2023

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

someone awful. posted:

pitch dark hook the great rules, but she definitely has anime-child-voice-acting disease

This got me to just randomly go find a pitch-dark hook the great video, which here is someone doing a Simulated Universe cocolia fight with just hook.

I never noticed how she runs back to formation before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEt7Vhtcc8o

e: oh i hope you like the klee music from genshin, cause it plays...several times over

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Hmm, on the good side I pulled my first Clara at less than 30 pity leaving me with a couple 10 pulls towards Kafka and a guarantee. On the other hand I'm still building up blade and he already has my Arlan LC and I dont really have any others for her.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

AshtonDragon posted:

I'm assuming they mean that they don't have another Destruction LC for Clara. In that case, the one you can get from Herta's shop is pretty solid for her. Certainly better than it is on Blade, anyway.

Yes, that's what i meant. I realized i don't really have many destruction LCs at all. I'll take a look at the one in the herta shop. I still don't have quite a grasp on all the lcs and what's really good or not for a lot of characters.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Finally doing an elation run with Clara, Blade, March. Blade next to clara, gets hit by some aoe damage while Clara has march's shield leading to a blade counter, svarog counter, and march counter in rapid succession is really fun.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Walla posted:

The more I play this game, the more wrong I play it. When Blade came out, I managed 21 stars in MoC. Last round it was 16, and this go is at 14 so far.

Much like genshin's abyss, I don't really engage with MoC so I don't know for sure but I'm assuming it's like abyss where it's just been steadily getting harder / more obnoxious as time goes on.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Bailu got the zoomies
https://i.imgur.com/RiFZZYb.mp4

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I like the Wubbaboos

Woooo

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Traveller posted:

It doesn't say whether they took them up on the offer but it's still not a good look, especially considering how Lan is just shooting world-killing arrows anywhere and not minding the odd bit of galactic-scale collateral damage.

I haven't delved deep into the lore, but this is kind of my understanding of all the Aeons. They literally cannot think or care about anything that is not their single purpose, and do not care who it hurts in the process if it forwards that goal.

No Aeons no masters.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Kanos posted:

I always desperately need more orbs/ropes with better stat rolls so I'm condemned to doing normal SU forever and that usually means I don't feel like playing much Swarm. I haven't even messed with the new one yet for this reason.

There's really no reason why I shouldn't be able to get orbs/ropes in the variant SUs, or for them to just give up and put orbs/ropes in caverns of corrosion.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I've done swarm runs a total of like 3 times and one of gears, we'll see if I bother to do more.

Always need more relics

E: tbh I also just dislike the dice and boardgame mechanic. I basically don't engage at all with swapping and picking spaces

Garrand fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 2, 2024