Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

This is basically a single player game, right? What's the rush? I played Genshin for a couple days but didn't get very far. Is there any sort of competitive mode in the endgame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Whats this talk I'm hearing of an upcoming free 10 pull?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

MoonCrab posted:

For the lurkers who feel bad about seeing people with multiple 5s: I've got nothing but the guaranteed 5 from the newbie banner and I'm not even remotely close to any pity. There, expectations normalized. You'r welcome....

Same.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

m.hache posted:

Did I miss what a "follow up attack" is? I'm getting a lot of the synergy cards in world 1 and have no idea how to trigger it.

Stuff like March or Claras counterattack

E: guess i should have refreshed the thread

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

The quest with the little girl stuck in the maze is freaking me out. I need closure. Stefan must pay...

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ibblebibble posted:

yknow I was complaining about not having a decent Harmony LC but I didnt mean for my issue to be solved like this

I would like a second 5* character already, please game. I've gotten Clara > LC > Clara > LC so far.

At least Clara is awesome and pretty useful.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

After beating my head against the wall that is SU 6 all of last week, I finally got through it with my suboptimal team now that my dps(Clara) is level 60. At level 50, I kept dying about 50% of the way into phase 3. Kinda disappointed I couldn't close it out at TL2, but oh well!

World 3-2 ended up being a cakewalk in comparison. That fight seems tailor-made for Clara shenanigans.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

MadHat posted:

That extended quest ha some real fun bits.

I love how so many of these incidental, unmarked quests go on for waaaaay longer than expected.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

DontMindMe posted:

What 5* should I pick out of Welt, Himeko, Gerpard, Clara, and Yanqing?

Been mostly using Fire MC, E2 Seele, Bronya, and Bailu.

Edit: I'm leaning towards Gerpard to replace Fire MC, or Clara (whose 5* light cone I have)

Clara Clara Clara

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I did not get Seele and I am Not Pulling on this banner. Good day.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Ibblebibble posted:

Clara also doesn't really need speed boots.

SPD almost feels actively counterproductive (heh) on her.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Are SU runs the best (only?) way to farm credits without using stamina?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I think it's 100/week. Which is reachable if you're bored/desperate.

FWIW World 3-3 gave me roughly 10k credits.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Just get Clara, problem solved.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

JT Jag posted:

I feel my ability to progress in Memory of Chaos is limited by my lack of a levelled wind character. Don't have Bronya, between Dan Heng and Sampo who's worth investing in?

I went with Dan Heng & Serval as dps for B team and made it up to 5 so far. FWIW Clara is the dps on the A team.

Edit: Decided to focus on DH after seeing this dmg chart - https://www.prydwen.gg/star-rail/dps-rankings

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 3, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Very excited to aggressively ignore this next banner!

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Did Genshin ever get an item that allowed you to breakthrough characters without dupes?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

FractalSandwich posted:

I never play Elation, so I didn't realize the names of its Blessings are all riffing on the names of works of fiction, mostly dark comedies. The three-star ones are all Kurt Vonnegut, and then there's Mostly Harmless, Clockwork Orange and Dr. Strangelove, among others.

There's a few I'm not sure about, and at least one of them didn't survive into English: "Twenty-First Military Rule" is a reference to the Chinese title of Catch-22, so it should be "Catch-21". (As ever, the Japanese version got it right.)

Gotta say, that's pretty hilarious. Nice catch.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

This answered a lot of my SW questions:

She's stronger than I was expecting TBH. Taking a hard look at perhaps spending some of my precious precious tickets :ohdear:.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 7, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

Punklord Mentality was basically perfect for the first real event, I liked it a lot.

It tickled me a bit that the plot was essentially a heist to steal the ROM construct of Dixie Flatline.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So did you get any eidolons?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

FractalSandwich posted:

What, specifically, are people doing to make any progress in MoC without Bailu? I can't even beat stage 3. It seems like none of the existing Preservation characters can keep a party alive through two whole miniboss fights on their own. The Trailblazer's shields are too small, Gepard doesn't have enough uptime, and March can't protect the whole party at once.

My understanding is a built Gepard can go quite deep into MoC without a healer. Currently in the process of testing this out.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I got SW in one 10-pull, and have over 150 more pulls saved up. My hourly mantra is "pulling for eidolons is stupid." I must stay strong!

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

Finally got an energy regen rope for Silver Wolf and holy poo poo that makes a difference.

Which set did you go with?

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

MoC? I thought that just went up to 10.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

To those considering going for SW E2

ABANDON ALL HOPE, YE WHO ENTER HERE

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I dont think it's possible to climb past MoC 6 until hitting the last TB level. Happy to be proven wrong though.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Baiard posted:

My track record seems pretty okay so far.

what... the gently caress

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Doug Sisk posted:

I've spent 140 warps to get each special once, that seems above average but not incredible?
I do only use Seele out of those so I do need to put in some effort at this game I suppose...

It tells you exactly how lucky you are on another section of the site(my guestimation is you are pfl).

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I believe it's been acknowledged as a bug and will be fixed soon.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

The end game content requires minimum 8 people. I think spreading resources between 9 people is fine, because realistically 8 people won't be enough for every stage in MoC. Especially if you have SW, you're gonna wanna mix and match a bunch. Concentrating all your resources on just 4 people is going to make getting past even the first stage of MoC very difficult. I'm saying this as a battle pass guy so if you are totally F2P just adjust your expectations I guess. Of those 8 people though, the DPS and tank/healers are the most important I think, and even then only certain traces are worthwhile. I use M7 a ton but only have her skill trace leveled at all.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 14, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

GoodluckJonathan posted:

I dont think it's possible to climb past MoC 6 until hitting the last TB level. Happy to be proven wrong though.

OK I meant to say until the next TB level (didn't realize there are two past TB4). Anyway I proved myself wrong, hell yeah:

I had my doubts but Serval got it done with a couple turns to spare. I imagine if you have JY it's quite a bit faster. TY almost got one-shot but she pulled through as you can see.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 14, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Since blowing all my jade on trying and failing to get e2 SW I will now wait patiently for Jingliu. Probably.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 19, 2023

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

My first real attempt on the deer in MoC I managed to barely get it past the first phase. Not realizing it had two phases I started celebrating right up until it stood back up and started stomping up more trees :cripes:

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

That... is a number. What is it about her kit which makes BE so good on her? The line I always hear about BE is "it was good in beta now it's nerfed and is poo poo".

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Like.... hitting the deer for 80k in what I assume is MoC6 seems p loving good. I have what I thought was a pretty decent sub-dps set but I don't see numbers like that.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

I love how utterly beside the point Gepards eidolons are. Hopefully will never get one!

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

padijun posted:

What do you mean? E1-2 just make his skill better

Ah, his skill, the thing I have never used.

He's an ult bot and hit magnet. Neither of those things are improved by his eidolons. Using skill points to CC instead of letting your dps do its thing seems bad.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Im incredibly salty I dont have Sushang and probably won't for a while :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Meowywitch posted:

I wonder if Bronya is the weak link of my Seele, Bronya Nat(E6), and Wolf party

Ehh, it's probably Nat if we're talking MoC.