Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
I'm gonna play this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i am enjoying the anime mass effect vibe of the first twenty minutes. unlocked my character and will enjoy more later this week 💖 can't play on high settings on my PC without frame rate issues uh oh

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Tottonids are loving rocks!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

yay i didn't mess up the web event by claiming the wrong items. excited to give my serval a bespoke light cone 🥹

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

bunch of math and number nerds itt. roll on who's cute or you vibe with

this is the way

i will be pulling for kafka because of her ultimate animation

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

Hey I'm just posting to again lament how the Really Good version of the MC uses a stupid WoW sword instead of a baseball bat, and it bums me out a lot

Why isn't it a burning baseball bat

true

i refuse to switch to boring sword trailblazer. baseball street punk forever

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

help i need a diting plushie

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i will take an all foxian team. for combat or you know whatever

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

I like to max everyone out before going to the next equilibrium. feels nice

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i had a lot of fun making all my ultimates go double time during the cage fighting

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

youngweeed posted:

on the notes of the derail thank you for the recommendations. in high school i watched some animes like Kaiji and Akagi and Black Lagoon very badass stuff. i also was exposed to the worst stereotypes through more anime friends and the internet in those years. more recently ive dabbled in episodes of One Punch Man, JoJo, all the cool poo poo but i didnt get sucked in to continue. HI3 makes me want to finally watch Evangelion i think?

my favourite anime film is Mind Game which has a funny butt joke action scene in the beginning. i remember watching Devilman Crybaby and liking it, and ive seen Your Name and Space Dandy but mostly forget those. i guess i am biased to like action stuff in anime but not shonen except the immortal Dragon Ball, and in all genres including video games i like a good space fantasy setting, like Star Rail.

part of the appeal of Honkai is the jrpg format but with Chinese characteristics. i wanna see more of China’s cultural stuff in mainstream poo poo, as a longtime fan of Asian live action films and everything else (even Dragon Ball is based on Journey To The West so that explains why it’s so good).

Star Rail (and HI3) gameplay is pretty good imo and the story / universe is intriguing. i was surprised how sucked into it i got. i was recommended it by a Vietnamese friend from film school (we just graduated together last month) when i was mad i couldnt afford Zelda and had sold my switch to pay rent (had to book off more days than expected for film shoots). the game successfully distracted me from Zelda and is like a modern Phantasy Star of sorts which is one of the best JRPGs imo (i never finish JRPGs either but have dabbled in plenty).

one cool east meets west type jrpg is Dragon’s Dogma, and if Honkai Universe had a game like that it would be cool imo. and yeah i feel like every deadly sin of the genre has been covered in the last few pages. i dont mean to pose as a normie ive seen the culture first hand, but this gacha world is all basically brand new to me so definitely was caught off guard by some of Impact’s poo poo.

i appreciate the effort from all in the derail. i enjoyed jumping in this thread to admit i was playing Impact, as i am of the subset of goons that declares i dont believe in a guilty pleasure. i think “ironically” enjoying things is just being too insecure to admit you enjoy them. but its normal to have caveats. sometimes controversial ones

apologies for the way off topic tangents this caused. on topic: i still havent beaten Forgotten Hall 15, slowly tackling it with different teams and grinding trace/relics. that goth dude Blade looks pretty cool, i hope he’s in the next banner. i guess next story content has to feature him? his mentions in the game so far got me intrigued.

anime is blood

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i love that i can just blow my stamina on the herta world immersifier things right from the menu for when i don't have time to play.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i am enjoying playing this game. i like doing the dailies and got all my characters up to 50 with maxed out light cones and traces. now i'm excited to continue the main quest on the second planet before eventually going to equilibrium 3. fun game, cool characters, owlbert is chill

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

isn't she the one who loves space mahjong?? what's not to like???

also this is unrelated but i love going through the main quest with whatever characters i want because they're all fine. it's nice to mix it up a lot

Lazy_Liberal fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 29, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

I only use light cones if the character's face is on it that's the rules

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Are there any dead playable characters in Genshin? My guess is that there won't be any final lessons in this one for quite a while at least.

qiqi

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

dan heng is indeed boring. excited for blade who is boring in a cooler way

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

having character pics on the light cones makes it easier for me to figure out which ones people should use

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

play with the pokemon you like

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i identify as an offensive healer irl

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

what's wrong with arlan???

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

wow

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i didn't pull the lightning giant guy but I love how chunky it feels when the big sword hits like Gagagagagag!!!! ⚡⚡⚡

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Kagon posted:

This is basically my reasoning as well

im gay

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Tatsuta Age posted:

seele sw and bronya are a power throuple and that's story spoilers

confirmed

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i never talk to herta until right before the boss

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Kyrosiris posted:

Completely valid, I just like to make sure it's pointed out because watching my Silver Wolf send people to the loving shadow realm owns.

Speaking of!

:getin:

:monocle:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

i haven't seen folks mention it that much but it's an absolute dream that i don't have to run around the map looking for materials to level up my guys. i refuse to go searching for little seedpods or cocomelons or fireflowers or some garbage for three weeks so i can ascend someone

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Zurai posted:

.... They are rare as hens' teeth at TL50, so you have to convert them up from blues, which are 1 per 10 stamina. And you need multiple of them per trace level.

i'm currently prefarming hens' teeth for the foghorn leghorn space lawyer we're getting 8 patches from now

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Those stats are skewed toward whales because they're based on Memory of Chaos, and a ton of f2p or low paying players won't bother playing it at this point if ever.

it's me i am not doing memory of chaos and only discovered last week

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

Why is day 2 of this event, with the trial Luocha, so much loving harder than all the rest? I can't get the 6 waves on Supergiant no matter what I try. I have to play absolutely perfectly to kill wave 1, 2, 4 and 5 in a single round each, and then the big robots are just a giant loving pile of HP that I can't kill in two turns even with a 400% ATK buff.

yeah i can't do supergiant on that level but every other day is fine. them's the breaks i guess

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Mulva posted:

Different Welt. Welt Yang adopted the clone of the real Welt, Welt Joyce. Welt Yang is actually called Joachim Nokianvirtanen. Joyce passed on his powers and name to Joachim as he was dying. And then "Welt" took his mothers last name because loving Nokianvirtanen stands out, you know? And then like a hundred years later he found a clone of Joyce and took the kid under his wing, as one does.

what the heck are you talking about welt is just a guy with a cane who ride the train

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

I'm not leveling duplicate LCs because every character gets the LC with their face on it and if it had more than one face... idk I haven't gotten that far yet

this is the way to play and i won't hear anything different

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Qwertycoatl posted:

True body 3* Herta, she's old and she probably doesn't get much exercise

true body herta is the fat vampire from blade

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

gonna play the stupidest all abundance run once the next one comes out

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

if i didn't have to type, i'd do a daily survey

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Walla posted:

...We knew Cocolia was evil 5 seconds after we met her...

cocolia wasn't evil. she was a hero who sacrificed herself for the people of belobog.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

the preservation just loves building big walls i get it

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Captain France posted:

Dan is pretty good too..

He breaks wind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU