Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Ironhead posted:

I have to admit I only found this thread halfway through, but would it be gauche to ask how many people here are either involved in the unions or actively involved in any of this? Sometimes I feel like I get better information here than through official channels.

Just lurking this and the Cinema Discusso threads thus far but SAG-AFTRA here. LA goons who want a picket buddy hmu, I'm on the picket lines most days for an hour or so or until my back sweat melts my backpack to my skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
If anyone else here is in LA, I'm organizing a Jewish Actors, Writers & Friends special picket at Netflix this Friday, 8/25 10AM-12PM. Details are here but if you're Jewish, not Jewish but want to see if Bradley Cooper's prosthetic nose will make a special appearance, or just feel like yelling at Ted Sarandos outside Netflix HQ (it's surprisingly therapeutic) please come join us and share with others who may be interested.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Cross-posting from the LA thread, if anyone in here is local and so inclined:

I'm organizing the Jewish special pickets for the SAG-AFTRA/WGA strikes, and our 2nd one (2 PICKETS 2 JEWRIOUS, thank you very much) is tomorrow at Paramount. There will be a fuckton of free kosher pizza, vegan ice cream, bagels & schmear, and a donation-run coffee cart. Come help us eat everything.

Also even more food at Strike Solidarity Shabbat dinner #3 this Friday, it's already lookin' pretty goony so come help us goon it up some more. Info for both: https://www.instagram.com/p/CxZEVDTPB-s/

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Email to membership says SAG-AFTRA and the AMPTP will meet for bargaining on Monday, Oct. 2. This will be interesting.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

fart blood posted:

Article says the deal could take weeks to settle.

That sounds like studios leaking bullshit to me.

If it’s “an article” it almost definitely studio-sanctioned/PMC-endorsed propaganda. That said, I hope it’s true—we haven’t been on the picket lines for five loving months for our NegComm to play softball, particularly with our faces/voices/bodies/“general likeness”es

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

AlternateNu posted:

Do sports promos and commercials not count regarding the actors strike? I was at the Prudential Center yesterday, and they had Patrick Warburton filming a promo or something on the ice. Made me do a doubletake.

Promos and commercials fall under entirely separate contracts--the SAG-AFTRA contract currently struck is the main TV/Theatrical Agreement (and all of the agreements that fall under it--Low Budget/Modified Low Budget/Ultra Low Budget/etc).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

nine-gear crow posted:

https://twitter.com/sagaftranews/status/1744789298543829066

Congrats on your absolutely useless waste of time strike, SAG-AFTRA. Well done all around :thumbsup:

The agreement is ostensibly about guidlines and safety regarding the technology, but this still feels like the given inch that precedes the mile.

I was primarily focused on the outcomes for the film/TV end of things given the primary focuses of the basic agreement but as both an on-camera and voice actor (who voted no on the "groundbreaking" new agreement) who was on the picket lines for the bulk of those 118 (and change, with WGA before that) days I am absolutely furious and completely baffled by everything about this utter horseshit. The new agreement already had me seriously rethinking my relationship to this industry (as in where and how I could still do my job as an actor and still retain full autonomy over my face/body/voice/likeness) but this is seriously just super hosed.