Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i won anyway. part 2 of the finals was today, my opponents team that he put together through some questionable trades and the whole deebo incident? yeah they were all from clinched teams which meant they were DOA this week. his season was over by the 1pm games, i had josh allen and the miami kicker left to play and with him unable to earn any more points, I decided to drive the nail in the coffin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nz3DL6EXtQ

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 8, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My favorite part of fantasy this year was watching goons win against some bullshit circumstances and be righteously petty about it :sickos:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Love watching all my starters show up in Week 18 when they didn’t do poo poo in my Week 17 finals.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Anti-Hero posted:

Love watching all my starters show up in Week 18 when they didn’t do poo poo in my Week 17 finals.

Jefferson :argh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sleeper spent the whole day sending me scoring play updates :mad:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Definitely not tilting at all to have carried Tyjae Spears for 17 weeks and then he finally has a great game in week 18 lol

Poque posted:

Sleeper spent the whole day sending me scoring play updates :mad:

Yeah that was super dumb and annoying. Why are you sending push notifications for leagues that are over :iiam:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Docjowles posted:

Definitely not tilting at all to have carried Tyjae Spears for 17 weeks and then he finally has a great game in week 18 lol

Yeah that was super dumb and annoying. Why are you sending push notifications for leagues that are over :iiam:

Man I didn't even look at Spears (I carried him, too). Just got tilted watching Henry's box score LMAO

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Docjowles posted:

Sleeper sends annoying push notifications for poo poo you're not even a part of. Why am i getting MLB blurbs, i don't follow that.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
apps are made to sell your data and eyeballs. desktop only gang

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

What percentage of all fantasy teams are going to be a Mike Penix joke next year? Has there ever been a more exploitable player name? Over/under 69%

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Mike Penix Bruised My Ribs

wait...

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Mike Penix Hurts

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
He don’t make the law he just Penix it

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

The Penix Mightier

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Get your Penix outta my Bo Nix

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Lots of good head coaches out in the last couple days. Should be an interesting offseason!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

Lots of good head coaches out in the last couple days. Should be an interesting offseason!

Yeah this is a wild coaching carousel year. And whatever happens the collective fantasy community will get most of it wrong in hindsight :v: I know I sure bought some of these 2023 narratives

Kellen Moore will make the Chargers the best offense in the NFL (maybe they would have been good but they all immediately died as is the Charger Way so who knows)

Fat Mike and :schotty: will make every Cowboy except Pollard undraftable

Aaron Rodgers will make Garrett Wilson a top 3 receiver

The Pats will make a huge leap with a real OC instead of Patricia

The Bucs and Rams will be total rear end competing for top draft picks

TLaw will take a huge step forward as a top QB

Etc etc

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doing a playoff fantasy survivor thing for the first time ever. Where you can only use each player once? Anyone have any advice or strategy? I’m sure the general rule everyone will follow is to try to save the players of the most favored teams, and hope they actually move on. Maybe it would be smart to buck the trend of everyone else? Idk

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RCarr posted:

Doing a playoff fantasy survivor thing for the first time ever. Where you can only use each player once? Anyone have any advice or strategy? I’m sure the general rule everyone will follow is to try to save the players of the most favored teams, and hope they actually move on. Maybe it would be smart to buck the trend of everyone else? Idk

where are you doing this, Circa?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Myfantasyleague.com

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RCarr posted:

Can you say more about the format or link to the rules or something? Is this like you build a DFS lineup each week and once you use a player you can't use them in future weeks? Are you dead if you don't advance each week or is it most total points after the super bowl?

Obvious thing is to fill out a playoff bracket and then work backwards. You need some guys live in the Super Bowl so you can't burn your favorites in earlier weeks. Use the guys on teams you expect to lose in the wildcard round, like Dolphins and Steelers. But if you feel like your lineup in a given week sucks you could burn one or two guys on super bowl favorites to get you through.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Can you say more about the format or link to the rules or something? Is this like you build a DFS lineup each week and once you use a player you can't use them in future weeks? Are you dead if you don't advance each week or is it most total points after the super bowl?

Obvious thing is to fill out a playoff bracket and then work backwards. You need some guys live in the Super Bowl so you can't burn your favorites in earlier weeks. Use the guys on teams you expect to lose in the wildcard round, like Dolphins and Steelers. But if you feel like your lineup in a given week sucks you could burn one or two guys on super bowl favorites to get you through.

Yea my bad. 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE each week. Can only use any given player once for the entirety of the playoffs. Half ppr. Most total points at the end of the playoffs wins.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 12, 2024

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
My god, I'm in a playoff league on MFL and you couldn't make a worse interface if you tried. Who the gently caress programmed this poo poo?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm also doing a playoff league in MFL, and the best way for me to get draft notifications is to have them send me an email every time someone makes a pick.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Download the MFL Platinum app

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea my bad. 1 QB 2 RB 2 WR 1 TE each week. Can only use any given player once for the entirety of the playoffs. Half ppr. Most total points at the end of the playoffs wins.

Going with this lineup for wildcard weekend:

QB: Tua
RB: Achane
RB: White
WR: Evans
WR: Nacua
WR: Pickens
TE: Kraft

Thoughts?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Same as all season, what other option do you have besides Pickens?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean I can play any player, but the idea is to play guys on teams you think will lose so you have starters available the rest of the way. I def don’t have to play Pickens tho. Basically just hoping he rips off a long TD in the poo poo weather.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’m open to suggestions if someone has a better option

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Nico Collins is an option with a high ceiling on a team projected to lose. Think I'd prefer him over Pickens even though the Cleveland D is good.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

RCarr posted:

Going with this lineup for wildcard weekend:

QB: Tua
RB: Achane
RB: White
WR: Evans
WR: Nacua
WR: Pickens
TE: Kraft

Thoughts?

Whelp I hope you didn’t start those Fins players.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

van fem posted:

Whelp I hope you didn’t start those Fins players.

I sure did! Tua is whatever, Achane hurts though

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kind of a crazy story. I don’t play this stuff at all so it didn’t affect me personally but some guys I follow caught an employee of a fantasy site cheating in a high stakes contest. They have receipts in the form of screenshots before and after roster lock (cause they were right next to this team and were sharing it around for the sweat) and also literal logs on the site of moves being made after lock lol. Multiple times by the same guy. Pretty bad look!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AhcHLvurKXU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Docjowles posted:

Does anyone want to speak in favor of divisions in fantasy? I joined a new league this year that uses them. The other division is basically the NFC south, I have four hundred more points and two more wins than their leader but am in third and not going to get a playoff bye as things currently stand. This seems dumb as hell in a game that is already extremely random

Divisions are fun in long running leagues with established rivalries. If it is a new league for everyone, it is dumb as loving hell. If you jumped in on a long running league, it makes more sense. Rivalries that extend decades are fun as poo poo. Still kind of dumb.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Would you guys move Rachaad White and the 9th overall pick for a Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs? 12 team Ppr dynasty.

White’s numbers looked good this year but I think Tampa is going to bring someone else in, they were not a good rushing team last year and I think it’ll eat into White’s workload. Plus very little RB depth in this year’s rookie draft and while there should be a good wideout on the board I already have Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Puka, and JSN. My RBs right now are Henry, White, and a bunch of young lottery tickets so I think I need young talent there in the worst way.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Ty1990 posted:

Would you guys move Rachaad White and the 9th overall pick for a Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs? 12 team Ppr dynasty.

White’s numbers looked good this year but I think Tampa is going to bring someone else in, they were not a good rushing team last year and I think it’ll eat into White’s workload. Plus very little RB depth in this year’s rookie draft and while there should be a good wideout on the board I already have Waddle, DeVonta Smith, Puka, and JSN. My RBs right now are Henry, White, and a bunch of young lottery tickets so I think I need young talent there in the worst way.

If someone is actually willing to do that deal with you then take it in a heartbeat. If I owned either of those rbs no way I'm moving them for that though

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea slam accept immediately for either

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Divisions can make everyone’s schedule a bit more fair depending on the size of the league. You can organize it so you play everyone in your division twice and everyone else once rather than the typical schedule which you play some teams twice and most once.

Of course it can still end up not making any difference at all depending on your league mates so whatever.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1752388531803050219

I myself am going to be grabbing Many Lions next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I can’t decide if Gibbs is a first round or not

I think my first three rounds is gonna go like

CMC/Jefferson/Gibbs/Tyreek/Puka