Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Vargo posted:

First, big thank you to Drunk Nerds for coming up with that sheet on such a short notice, it's going to help greatly with my draft.

Second, lol that AFCE League is torturous.

Third, speaking of degen leagues, it's the second year for my invention Blue Shell League!

In Blue Shell League, every week the manager in last place has the ability to “throw the shell” at the manager in first place - by forcing the manager to accept a single-player trade with them.
Trades must be position-for position and both players in the trade must have been in their respective starting lineups the week before. (So no getting Christian McCaffery for a kicker, and if you're on the edge of first, you can protect Christian McCaffery... by benching him.)

I created a complete list of rules and suggestions on things I learned last year here, in case anyone wanted to build a league themselves this year:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kTQzuZ9_wgW3-KLrW4RQrxcuDQtcF9bd170JSZ2teQY/edit?usp=sharing

Also, gauging interest in a free goon Blue Shell League?
If I make/commish it, it's gonna be ESPN because that's where all my other leagues are and I don't want to have a million apps.

I would definitely join this league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I've typically always been one to wait on QB and TE and stock up at RB/WR early and often in drafts. I've also only ever played in 12 team leagues.

My work league has dropped to 10 this year and I'm not quite sure how to adjust. Should I should be more willing to go after one of the top options at QB and TE to gain that positional advantage because there will be more depth available at RB and WR? Or do I not really worry about QB and TE at all because with 10 teams there will absolutely be usable options available quite late?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Game theory wise I think the smaller the league the more important it is to get an elite QB and/or TE. In shallow leagues it’s all about star ball. Every team has studs all over the roster. So you you want the guys who can actually separate from the pack, which are those top 3-4 QB and TEs. It also means the opportunity cost for drafting Allen in the third or whatever is lower because there are more solid WR/RBs available at your next pick than in a 12 or deeper league.

I used to be a late round QB die hard but the game has changed. In the past there would be one or two guys who have an insane year but you never knew who. Will Matt Ryan be the MVP or like QB13? But now it’s the same dudes crushing every single year and you feel a lot better about investing an early pick in Mahomes when his floor is like 40 TDs.

Edit: quoting this team from earlier, would you rather have

QB: Jalen Hurts
RB: Tony Pollard / Alexander Mattison

Or (I am not going to look up exact ADPs on my phone but you get the idea)

QB: Geno Smith
RB: Tony Pollard / Joe Mixon

I will take the guy who could easily be QB1 overall vs a trivial upgrade at RB2

That confirms my thinking, thanks. And yeah I'd definitely rather have that hypothetical Hurts team over the Geno one.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Lmao just drafted him for the first time ever 2 hours ago. Extremely cool.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Whoreson Welles posted:

I pointed out Kelce‘s injury in the league where I have him and someone offered me Davante Adams straight up for him. Juwan Johnson, and Sam Laporta are still on waivers.

Do I slam this?

As someone that drafted Kelce 5 hours ago, I wouldn't, personally. Likeliest scenario here is probably a couple weeks? Unless there's damage to the knee which is obviously possible. I'm gonna take my chances (and trust that I can survive a short term injury) and ride with the guy that I wanted in the first round.

At the very least if you're worried and looking to move Kelce I'd try to get your trade partner's current TE back in the deal as well, rather than grabbing a guy off the wire.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Whoreson Welles posted:

My opponent still has Andrews starting but with the news he probably won’t go, I’m considering trying to thwart his options. I have Engram but Higbee and Likely are sitting in FA. Do I take either one of them and drop Engram? Am I overthinking this?

I could also either drop Lazard or Thielen but I already have a thin WR bench as it is in a 3WR league.

You're wildly overthinking it. Do not drop Engram. And those are 2 decent choices for him, so grabbing only 1 of them barely even helps you.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

A Concrete Divider posted:

Is anyone here starting Rhamondre Stevenson?

Is anyone not? You should definitely start him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

A Concrete Divider posted:

Ok I hadn’t heard much after him being out of practice Friday due to an illness.

He's playing and isn't expected to be limited. Fire him up.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Trying to find any Kelce injury updates at all but the only thing the internet cares about is that he is “hanging out” with Taylor Swift lmao

This is annoying, probably going to have to carry Musgrave all week just in case. And yahoo won’t let me make any roster moves with Kelce in the IR as questionable (ESPN does)

The trick with Yahoo is to get your claims in on Monday night or early Tuesday before your player's status is changed to Q. The claims will process without removing your guy from IR.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Lol seriously? Thanks for the tip. I almost exclusively play on espn so I am not familiar with all of Yahoo’s bullshit.

Yeah, I just got Puka despite Kelce being a Q in my IR slot :cool:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Wait can’t you explain this more? I don’t quite get it.

RCarr posted:

Put in your waiver claims before Yahoo changes your injured players designation from Out to Questionable

Yeah, this. Once the player changes to Q (sometime on Tuesday) then you can't place any waiver claims until you have a legal roster.
But you if you placed the claim before he changed to Q then Yahoo will still honour and process it.

I got Puka on waivers this morning despite Kelce being a Q in my IR slot because I put in the claim when he was still marked as O.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If you think Allgeier is going to outscore all of your other options, then you start him. If think there's someone on your bench that will outscore him, then you play that guy.

If you were streaming defenses then it would maybe be something to think about, but you're obviously keeping and starting the Cowboys, so start the guy that is going to score the most points, even if it's against the Cowboys. The Cowboys will score what they score whether you start Allgeier or not, so your decision is just "which guy on my bench is gonna score the most points this week?"

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Bumhead posted:

Anyone else looking at their lineup, trade options, waiver wire etc and feel like they're in the Week 9 mud even though it's only Week 2?

Matt Zerella posted:

Zach Moss worth a pickup?

:hmmyes:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Folks, come to the fantasy gdt!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041388&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

kiimo posted:

Am I crazy for wanting to start Treylon Burks with no Hopkins against the #32 pass defense over Chris Olave against the #1 pass defense?

Don't think you can put very much stock in defensive rankings after 1 game. I wouldn't start Burks until he actually has a good game, personally.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Should I trade Mattison for Jeudy in PPR?

Feels like yes but all the ROS rankings tell me I'm wrong. I assume they haven't corrected for Jeudy actually being healthy now though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I think if I had the opportunity to trade for a bright spot in a Payton offense in exchange for a mediocre-to-bad RB in what looks like a pass-heavy offense I’d do it in a heartbeat

Thanks, that's what I was feeling too. I knew Mattison had bad matchups but he looked straight bad on Thursday. I wanted off that ride and was high on Jeudy and missed getting him by 1 pick in the draft.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Zach Wilson is not a rookie and he's not good lmao

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

You should definitely be trying to improve at RB but offering your backup QB for guys that were top 10 picks is laughably bad and will get immediately rejected with no counter offer. You're insanely overvaluing Daniel Jones.

You're likely not getting Bijan or CMC period, but you're certainly not doing it without giving up one of Hill or Lamb. Aim a lot lower if you're only willing to trade Jones/Charbonnet or be prepared to actually give up something of value.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Yea, I agree. Which is why I expected at least a 2for1. And i'm not overvaluing Daniel Jones, there is a reason I ran Jalen Hurts over him, even expecting Daniel Jones to score more. But he had a good week and 2 of the players in my league lost their starting QBs. So I wanted to capitalize on that when a QB people expected to perform and did. I'm still gonna try and shoot my shot and try and trade up. I guess wish me luck.

Good luck, but yes, you're absolutely overvaluing Daniel Jones unless this is a superflex league.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Between this and the Zach Wilson love I feel like I'm missing a joke, but to provide real constructive feedback:

I generally believe that where a player was drafted is immediately meaningless once the season starts, but Showtime, go look at the draft results for your league and look at where all of the players mentioned were drafted. That should give you an idea of how other people are going to value those players. Daniel Jones and a backup rookie RB for a top 5 RB is honestly maybe the worst trade offer I've ever heard. It's insultingly bad. Again, I'm assuming this is a 1QB league. If it's superflex then that changes things.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Yea, kind of. And I don't mind you all making GBS threads on me. This is my first league and i'm trying to get the hang of it. I'd also add that I have Jalent Hurts and Zach Charbonnet is 4th on my depth chart, in which i'm trading for a RB. I'm pretty confident I make it to the playoffs and want to capitalize on that.

To flip it: What would you do with Daniel Jones when you don't really need him (or Zach Charbonnet, who is kind of a value add)? I shouldn't just drop him, right? And he's had a good week, so I should try and get something for him in a week where other QB's are dropping, right? Is that not the play?

Depending on the QBs available on the waiver wire, shopping him to a QB needy team is definitely a good idea and worth a shot! The problem is you're aiming astronomically and impossibly high. If you want to get elite backs without giving up your WRs then you need to acquire guys that aren't producing now but could later (like Charbonnet!). Someone like Roschon Johnson or something. I wouldn't trade him for Daniel Jones but someone might.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

I use a trade analyzer to make sure I’m not offering bullshit in trades but I want to run it by here since it says I’m giving up too much buying low for Chase

I give
Mattison
Swift
Mike Williams

Receive jamarr chase

Half point per

This is not too much, it's not enough. It's not a very good offer and would almost certainly be rejected.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

I agree but Im fishing. He needs rb more than I need receiver help. Thank you sincerely for the quick response

Yeah if he's desperate or really worried about Burrow then it's definitely the time to pounce. You'd probably have more luck with a 2 for 1 with one of those backs plus a 2nd player a tier above these guys.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Whoreson Welles posted:

Losing Chubb last night was brutal, football aside I hope the dude is okay.

Guy in my league who sniped Addison right before me knows I want him and just sent an awful trade.

Send: AJ Brown
Receive: Addison, Pickens

Only reason I considered countering is because this is a keeper league and AJB can’t be kept. I also still have Tyreek (can be kept), other WRs are MT, Doubs, Zay Jones. At RB I have Pollard and now Conner will now assume RB2 duties, so I was thinking of countering with

Send: AJ Brown
Receive: Addison, Pierce

I’m way underselling AJB and overbuying Addison here, right? I’m stressing out after losing Chubb and just trying to figure out RB2 options.

You're selling way too low on AJB and Pierce stinks. He's not the answer you're looking for.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I traded Mattison for Jeudy, but then Saquon died. Also on that team Kamara is out another game and Dobbins died. So I've got to start 2 of Warren/Dillon/Justice Hill lol

I have regrets.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Poque posted:

What leagues are allowing you to add guys whose games are currently going?

Bad ones

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

abelwingnut posted:

uhh, i would take brian robinson off your hands!

seriously, how on earth is he a sell high candidate?

I mean, he almost certainly just had his best game of the year

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Sell high doesn't mean that he's bad. It just means that he's at his peak value, which I agree with.

If you can move him for a more established/higher ceiling RB off to a slow start then that's something you should definitely explore. But it's not like they're telling you to cut bait on him.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I get that. I just always sideeye these articles that are like "dude had one good week SELL HIGH". Are people really fooled by this stuff and willing to pay top dollar when a guy has one massive outlier game

I guess Breece Hall being dropped in that one dude's league kinda answers that for me

Was literally gonna respond with the Breece example haha

A ton of fantasy players are extremely impatient and reactionary, so yeah, definitely. Just never the people in my league :mad:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Push comes to shove I guess I can move Rhamondre into his position. But now Tyreek Hill is having ankle issues so my lineup that I set this morning and was like "yea, just gotta check it in the mornings with my coffee" is becoming "okay, gotta think". I thought this was gonna be an easy week.

Rhamondre is better than Mattison even before they traded for Akers. He should be in your lineup every week.

Feeling better about my Mattison for Jeudy trade now! Even though I'm going to be starting Jaylen Warren and Roschon Johnson this week now that Saquon died lol

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Also, as we've all said before: 1 week does not make a great player.

And yet you're panicking about the Dallas D/ST.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

I'm not panicking but I would like a 2nd defense to rotate.

Edit: Even with this bad week, I wouldn't drop them because I know they'll have some solid games. But I have room on my roster for another D/ST and wouldn't mind the option. I have 4 players on my bench I've never used.

Bye weeks are coming and so are injuries. That's why bench depth is important. You hold your Charbonnets and your Roschon's now so you're not fighting on the waiver wire for them when they become viable starters. That's way more valuable than a second defense.

I would especially not waste a bench spot on a second defense when you're rostering a top 3 D already.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'm not really sure what/who you guys are arguing against. Nobody is calling Achane an RB1 at this point. He should absolutely be a waiver priority this week though. He's a highly drafted rookie who just exploded and plays on a dynamic offense behind the most injury prone RB in football. He's a potential league winner.

Doesn't mean he will be, but he's the kind of guy that every team should be trying to pick up.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Achane is nothing like Jonas Gray. He's not some random undrafted guy. They literally just drafted him in the 3rd round and he's absolutely going to have a role going forward.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Burrow gonna give it a go. Should I go with him or Baker? Need a big night out of my QB and Chase :ohdear:

If you need a big night and have Chase then I think you take your chances with Burrow.

Baker is not a big night kind of a guy and Chase probably doesn't do enough for you if Burrow is out.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Just checking to make sure of this. On Yahoo if I put in a waiver claim to swap player A off my bench before player B came off being listed as out it will still go through if player B is now listed as questionable after I put in the claim but still in the IR slot? Sorry that’s worded horribly, I couldn’t figure out the best way to type it up lol.

Yes, the claim will go through.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

ShowTime posted:

I think i've gotta take this trade, right? It's a tough one though.

My: Tyreek Hill and Rhamondre Stevenson
His: Bijan Robinson and Garrett Wilson

I really don't wanna lose Tyreek, but it's Bijan. It would shore up some issues I have at RB. I have Rhamondre obviously, but also Alexander Mattison, Tyler Allgeier and Roschon Johnson. I have a pretty deep WR line up with Tyreek Hill, CeeDee Lamb, Brandon Aiyuk, Amari Cooper and Drake London.

I wouldn't. I agree with abelwingnut in that Hill and Bijan are in the same tier (Tier 1) but in that case I'd rather have the receiver over the back. Garrett Wilson is supremely talented and you're never going to feel good about starting him. He's a headache to own right now.

If it's something you really want to do I'd try to move Mattison instead of Rhamondre.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah I kind of want to make a play for Breece and I'm not sure whether I should be worried about Saquon with how poo poo the Giants are.

Would offering Saquon for Breece+Waddle be reasonable? Too much? Not enough? Full PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Someone tell me not to pick up Dobbs for my bench in case TLaw looks bad this weekend.

Don't do this.