Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

darkspider42 posted:

2 spot have opened up for Tier B in the Goon Tier -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038206

The most complicated way to play fake football.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or would like to join, rules are on the first post and we've been running for over 10 years now.

Sent you a PM but then realized I never notice when I get PMs so I shouldn’t expect others to either.

Anyway I’m interested if one of those slots is still open!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

internet inc posted:

We're looking for 2 more goons to complete our 12 team 0.5 PPR Yahoo league! $30 buy-in.

Draft is on the 4th @ 9:30 EDT.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4039331

:getin:

I’m collecting leagues like infinity stones so if you still need a slot filled I’m in

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

One more! One more! JOIN US so we can set the draft date :3:

Oops, if you guys were waiting on me to pay I just sent the dues over.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

VietCampo posted:

one of these do not belong

:captainpop:

Maybe they meant to draft DJ Moore and got confused? That would still be early but a bit more defensible.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

RCarr posted:

Please stop drafting backup QBs after spending up for a top 3 QB people.

But if I don’t Yahoo won’t give me a good draft score :ohdear:

They actually gave me an A in my highest money league which is kinda terrifying. I didn’t even pick up a second TE!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Yeah that last bench spot should be a young WR/RB who might wind up going off instead of a QB who should only get one start on your team at most. Like, unless you draft 2 QBs back-to-back, you’re winding up with someone like Goff, Geno, or Rodgers as your QB2. Looking at my 12 team league, FAs available right now are guys like Stafford, Carr, and Howell. If you lost a Mahomes or Hurts, are you really any less hosed having someone from the former list over the latter?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Also if you’re doing the waiver wire right you’re going to need some chaff to make room on your bench. Whoever you drafted in the 15th is an easy cut for the hot hand.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

"He's not that suspended" - owner in family+friends league, after drafting Kamara with the 53rd overall pick

Show me the lie

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Vargo posted:

Trade assessment, .5 PPR, 12 team league

I give:
MANDREWS
Skyy Moore
DJ Moore

I get:
Justin Herbert
Jamaal Williams
Pat Friermuth

Why I want to do it:

• I'm a Friermuth truther
  • I'm a DJ Moore doubter
  • I want Herbie badly (current QBs are Tua and Pickett)
  • I have no RB depth beyond people who are only good as insurance policies.
  • I can use the slot from the QB I drop to pick up an interesting prospect.

Why I Don't Want to Do It

• It's Mark Andrews.
  • Is Jamaal useful after week 4?
  • It's Mark Andrews.

Thoughts? And if I take it, which QB do I drop?

You’re basically banking on Williams repeating what he did in DET last year or Kamara falling off of a cliff and still the value is very much skewed towards the other guy

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

From the Aftermath thread:

Since I’m feeling sympathetic to all of the Mahomes drafters I’m willing to offer a trade, out of the goodness of my heart, for Sam Howell straight up.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

I'd say don't jump to make a move after week 1 in an absolute downpour

If anything you should be watching the waivers like a hawk to see if someone panics and drops someone worthwhile. People have knee jerk reactions to these things that can really pay off if you’re alert.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

RIP to all A A Ron drafters

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Last year I think I had a 6-week streak where I was up against the highest scoring team and I was the 2nd or 3rd. Sometimes you just have to laugh about it and move on

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I love my TD-vulturing QB

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Should I trade Mattison for Jeudy in PPR?

Feels like yes but all the ROS rankings tell me I'm wrong. I assume they haven't corrected for Jeudy actually being healthy now though.

I think if I had the opportunity to trade for a bright spot in a Payton offense in exchange for a mediocre-to-bad RB in what looks like a pass-heavy offense I’d do it in a heartbeat

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thanks, that's what I was feeling too. I knew Mattison had bad matchups but he looked straight bad on Thursday. I wanted off that ride and was high on Jeudy and missed getting him by 1 pick in the draft.

I retract what I said, you should just pick up Mims off of waivers

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I galaxy-brained myself into starting Shaheed over McLaurin and London and am now going to lose by .5 and drop to 0-2 :shepicide:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I don’t blame anyone for spending up on Jerome Ford but it’s gonna feel real bad when the Browns wind up resigning Hunt

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I don’t think the the Bears O-line is nearly as good as the Dolphins’

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Mahomes sliding at the 1 clinched a win for me AND made a bunch of sports bettors very angry so win-win imo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Looks like McLaughlin was a good pickup for the week at least

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

really killing me here that JJ is not officially on IR yet

Yeah, even if they don’t move him to IR we already know he’s out so I don’t know what the holdup is

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Of course the week that I lose JJ I’m on the rear end-end of the waiver wire and miss out on all of the useful pickups :argh:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Make sure you check waivers for K. Ingram in Arizona. IMO he's the one to have once healthy.

What makes you say that? He has 12 carries for 15 yards this year.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I managed to grab Zach Evans in a bunch of places despite being dead last in waiver position so I’m starting to worry that that’s not the move

Also grabbed Jordan Mason because Mitchell is permanently hurt so why not take a flyer?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Anthony Richardson is done for the year, so go ahead and free up that IR spot

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Yeah I’m holding him. The schedule for when he would be eligible to come back is really soft and as long as they don’t trip on their own feet* after this Niners game they’ll have a decent shot at a run for a wildcard spot. I think the fears of him being shutdown are overblown.

*it’s the Vikings so no guarantees

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Love to be the second highest scorer this week, matched up against the highest scorer :shepicide:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Just realized I lost in a goon league by .08 because of Cousins’ kneel down at the end of the game :negative:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Dillon is widely available in most of my leagues, imagine thinking you can actually trade him for something lmfao

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

If I play Shaheed he gets single digits, if I bench him he is a guaranteed double-digit guy

Fantasy sports baby!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Why is JuJu? :sigh:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Finally have a full point from Jalen more than halfway through the 3rd :shepicide:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

He’s right, and the people who bother athletes over their loving fantasy lineups are losers

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

since AOC took over

Helluva double take on this one

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I hate Taysom Hill so much

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

You can obviously do what you want but anyone in any of the leagues I’m in who played scared and benched a player like that would be mocked until the heat death of the universe

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Pacheco is officially out now. I grabbed CEH where I had him so I guess he gets the spot start.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Docjowles posted:

Most likely Mahomes just throws 69 times and CEH does nothing (cause he sucks). But hell I am starting him in at least one league where all my RBs are dead so here's hoping

Throws to who? His one receiver with the stone hands, or the other receiver with stone hands, or the TE who’s double/triple covered because all of the receivers have stone hands?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Raiders killed JJ, gently caress the Raiders