Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Would've liked for you Gibbs owners if he got the TD! My Lions fan buddy had both Sun God and Monty going. Not the worst scenario, but oof each of them getting the only offensive TDs of the game hurts.

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Sep 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bumhead posted:

Gibbs looked explosive and his usage was exactly what Campbell suggested it would be. It’ll only go up from here and he’s going to be some player.

After losing Kelce I’m pretty delighted with just shy of 9 points from La Porta too.

I think he'll blow up late in the season like Walker III did last year (for a couple of games at least).

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Picking up and starting Deon Jackson turned out to be a dumb move.

He got stuffed at the 1 late in the game :negative:

I did the same thing. Over Allgeier no less.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:lol: the commissioner in my league (Bears fan) started Fields over Tua today

I did this too.

In the same league where I went up against Tyreek :gonk:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ferroque posted:

Kenneth Gainwell

Yeah what the hell - is Swift not 100% or not fully up to speed on the playbook or something???

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ayudo posted:

I could not imagine ruining my Sunday twice by doubling up on my rooting interests like that. I'm sure he'll eventually enjoy all that free time on Sunday.

At least he won't be one of those assholes at the bar cheering against his team because of fantasy interests.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'd say don't jump to make a move after week 1 in an absolute downpour

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RCarr posted:

Fields doesn’t even need to throw pass to be a good fantasy QB. Just ride his legs to the points. Same with Richardson. If they figure out how to pass even better.

The only thing I'd be worried about here is Fields is really trying not scramble like he did last year.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's really looking like I'm going to be crippled by missing a round of my fantasy draft while on vacation and getting autodrafted two *additional* TEs. Stupid ESPN app didn't give me a notification.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Anti-Hero posted:

My WR corps in PPR is meh, especially with Watson injured.

WR: Higgins, Watson, Mike Williams, Dotson, Meyers
RB: CMC, Henry, Stevenson, Conner, Rachaad White, Charbonnet, Dillon

Is Charbs worth dropping for Zay Jones? I feel my RB depth is very solid and I'm feeling pretty exposed at WR.

As someone who did a panic drop of Walker III last year for the same reason, DO NOT DO IT.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm honestly pondering rolling Bijan and Allgeier ROS.

Honestly if you're going to go with Atlanta's backfield, this is the way to go. I had Patterson and Allgeier last year and it seemed every time I started one, the other would be the hot hand that day.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

I've done bidding on waivers before but it's been about 8 years since I've played fantasy football at all. Do these look alright? $100 budget, 1 ppr.

Bid $20 for Puka Nacua, drop Jalin Hyatt
Bid $8 for Justice Hill, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $8 for Gus Edwards, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $6 for Roschon Johnson, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $5 for Tyjae Spears, drop Ty Chandler
Bid $5 for Hunter Henry, drop Dalton Schultz
Bid $4 for Rashid Shaheed, drop Jalin Hyatt

I have Ekeler and Cam Akers so I'm hesitant to go after the other running backs on their teams since Ekeler may be barely hurt and I think the Rams will be a committee all year so whoever has the better game with them will be a crapshoot.

20% budget seems very steep on Puka unless you're absolutely barren at WR.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

I tried. At this point, I scored so high no one wants to trade me because my team only gets better and I have the best roster already. I think i'll get some good trades next week though.

If your team's good enough, you can just hang on until there's an injury and grab the backup :shrug:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Good God some of your leagues are freaking crazy with FAAB spending

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Motherfucker! I just dropped Swift for Allgeier :argh:

e: although the guy who won Gainwell spent 1/4 of his budget. Ha.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Green Gloves posted:

My Roster:
QB: Herbert
RB: McCaffrey, Kenneth Walker, Jamaal Williams, Roschon Johnson, Gainwell
WR: G. Wilson, K. Allen, DHopkins, Pickens, Smith Njigba, Zay Flowers

Counter trade made by trade partner

Christian Watson and AJ Dillon for Garrett Wilson and Kenneth Gainwell.

Accept?

I'd smash this

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'd flex Aiyuk or Allgeier over Cooper since they're hot hands.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Judgy Fucker posted:

Why shouldn't Thursday players be in flex slots?

Lineup flexibility. In case someone playing Sunday gets injured, you have the most options to replace.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I would absolutely pick up Jakobi Meyers in any league he's available in. 10 targets and Jimmy loved throwing his way in the red zone.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

VietCampo posted:

Antonio Gibson droppable already? I've got Qirk as my QB to stack with JJ but primetime. Goff, Daniel Jones, or Purdy are available.

He's my RB5 behind Pollard, Gibbs, Mixon, and Mattison.

I did the Goff for Qirk switch today. And yeah Gibson is droppable with the backfield you already have.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

VietCampo posted:

my man we hosed up didn't we

No? He's got 23 pts in standard scoring

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 15, 2023

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

VietCampo posted:

He's got 35 in my league now, it's alright Goff is just gonna score 36.

:hai:

Yeah that garbage TD hurts.

Especially because it was to Hockenson who I'm up against and now has TWENTY FIVE FREAKING POINTS in my league.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm with you on Allgeier. Maybe not *as* down on him. But this is looking like one of those frustrating fantasy deals where for whatever reason he goes off on your bench then nothing when you start him.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Trade Kelce instead :getin:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Floofy posted:

Hey guys, it’s me. I’m the jerkoff that scooped Ford up as soon as I saw Chubb’s knee bend backwards and Kyren Williams once Cam Akers was benched.

I might try to swap one or both for another qb in my super flex league to replace Carr. Would Jordan Love be a decent target? Or maybe sit a a week and see if they have another good week and try for someone better?

My other RB’s are Henry, J Cook, Mostert, and Aaron Jones who’s technically still in my IR slot

I'd totally swap Love for Carr.

e: oh whoops I totally misread this as FAAB question not trade. Still though, I'd try to swing it if Love's owner needs an RB.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

coronaball posted:

I would like to somehow lock players on Yahoo and NFL.com from being dropped once their game starts, like ESPN does. We have multiple people who just churn backups like Ford and wait for injuries. It's lame, and a little bit ghoulish.

#notmad

I don't think I even realized you could do this in Yahoo :aaa:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My waiver setup is insane this week. 11 pending moves and they're all if-then permutations for three guys and a defense.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

My waiver setup is insane this week. 11 pending moves and they're all if-then permutations for three guys and a defense.

I got none of the guys lol. The two new guys in my league are actually aggressive with FAAB - they've spent 79% and 65% of their budgets - compared to how people have played the wire in the past. Next highest spends are 33% and 19%, then everyone else has spent $0-2.

I didn't *need* a new RB at this point and was mostly hoping to snag Nico Collins :shrug:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

This week, KC is the #2 defense. They were on the wire. I’m ok with spending 3 out of 100 for that. Good thing because next highest bid was 2.

Yeah I'm 100% with this and don't understand the penny-pinching on weekly FAAB for K/DEF.

And this is coming from someone who is stingy with big FAAB spends (check my post history ha).

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

There are probably some leagues that do that, but impose a limit. The benefit being you get to either advance your roster to recoup the money spent or by not spending, get added value to your entry fee.

I want to say I've heard of where you can use real money to rebuy more FAAB dollars.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Achane makes some noise today maybe? Not startable obviously.

:hmmyes:

Glad I kept him around as a late bloomer

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Matt Zerella posted:

Now I wish i flexed him lol

No kidding!!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I loving HAD ACHANE FOR TWO WEEKS ANDNHE DID NOTHING.

I DROPPED HIM AND HE PUTS UP 50!!!

GAHHH

Matt Zerella posted:

I'm not trying to be a dick but I don't think anyone expected anything out of him right away :lol:

Not to mention he was coming off an injury.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tom Tucker posted:

Finally pulled the trigger benching Justin Fields for Tua and it feels good.

Hey I did this too! I got blinded by Fields' massive couple of weeks last year and wanted to believe the first two weeks.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RCarr posted:

Yea is anyone gonna suddenly start Achane now? He’s still a backup.

I will play him over Allgeier at this point if it comes down to it. (i.e. I don't flex a WR instead).

Atlanta's offense is terrible.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Just got a trade offer in my superflex dynasty league where I'm tanking.

Give: Sam Howell, 2024 late 1st, 2024 late 2nd

Get: Justin Fields

I'm not sure about Howell long term, but I should probably just stay away from Fields, right? Even if I really wanted him I think that might be a bit too much to give up.

lol decline that ASAP and make fun of your friend.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Dolphins just drafted him in third round. I don't think they're going to relegate him back to 1 touch per game after this.

Wasn't he injured at the end of preseason anyway?

Yes. He was coming off a shoulder injury.

Dude is a burner and a home run threat. He's a better backup RB to roster than a lot of others in the league, fluke game or not.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hmm. So I got burned by Jacksonville's D this week. (Bad!)

But they're up against the Falcons this week. (Good!)

But the game is in England. (Bad!)

Anyone still like this play? I'm thinking I would rather pick up the Bucs and hope Jameis gets the start. Which I'd expect.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

are people cutting bait on fields or trying to steal 1 more week against a really bad D?

Absolutely cutting bait this week. I have Tua so there's no way going forward I start Fields over him. And I need more WR depth. Plus I'm putting in a waiver claim for Achane despite having CMC, Pollard, Washington, and Allgeier (we only start 2WR so I don't carry as much depth there).

And I decided I'm going Bucs over Jags for defense this week. I don't trust screwiness of the London game despite how bad Atlanta's offense is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Palmer was in this exact situation last year and managed to still be very boom or bust