Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I think it's because I just need to scratch the itch, but I've contemplated starting up a dynasty league in place of my best ball one. I don't think I will (because I'm already in one dynasty league and the other players like the set it and forget it aspect of best ball), but it's tickling the back of my brain.

The one thing I think I'd like to experience is a heavy trash talking league. All of my current leagues are fun, and there is some light hearted ball busting here and there, but for the most part, everyone is chill. That's a good thing, don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for drama, but I guess a little more back and forth interaction would also be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Sataere posted:

I've had an idea for the last couple of years of creating a SF TEP IDP dynasty league. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a chance to do it this year, but I'm hoping to set it up next year. It'll be formatted so that defensive players have equal value to offensive players. It will be the last dynasty league I do because I'm already in too many lol.

God bless you if you get it up and going. I tried an IDP league one year and having to keep up with the defensive players and the scoring was just too much for me. Team Defense is enough of a crapshoot by itself, much less breaking it down.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

Way to lose to drunknerds in the playoffs this season. He hasn't checked his team in like three years.

It’s ok, I beat him in the Super Bowl two years ago. At least when I make it to the big dance, I go home with the prom queen.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You still have to trade your fifth to Quiet Feet now, it’s a tradition.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Kupp had arguably the best season EVER by a WR two years ago, and has been amazing for years and years. He should get nothing short of an absolute haul if you trade him.

Is this sufficient

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

yeah it was a poo poo offer. But I could see Kamara bouncing back too. I mean, old? He's 27.

And even if he's suspended that's the beginning of the season, not the playoffs.

Kamara will also be sharing touches with Jamaal Williams and the new rookie even when the suspension is over.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone use a timer app for their live drafts? We just voted this year to keep picks at 3 minutes maximum, and I'm probably going to use Countdown (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/countdown-big-timer-clock/id582556043) because it allows me to connect my USBButton or my 3 button keyboard to my iPad and do stop/starts/resets without having to touch the screen. Any other iOS or Android suggestions?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The first time it happens you laugh.

The ninth time it happens you grit your teeth.

The fifteenth time it happens you say “Why the hell aren’t you keeping up with the picks?????”

Which is one of the reasons we’re having to implement a timer.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Judgy Fucker posted:

Hi fantasy football thread, I do not follow the NFL at all (college guy) but I’m tired of being the only person in my social circle who doesn’t play fantasy football so I’m diving in this year. I see a bunch of resources in the OP, I will take a look at those but wanted to ask:

What is one (or two, or whatever) piece of advice you’d give a total neophyte for their first draft? Thanks in advance.

Enjoy yourself, and don’t overthink yourself. If there’s a player you want, grab him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

Why spend on kelce when andrews do trick

Why go to McDonald’s we have McDonald’s at home

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m gonna do whatever it takes to get Kelce and Mahomes this year lol

Hope you draft auction

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm switching my league to auction for the first time. What are some good resources I should share with the league? I don't mean beersheets and others like that but more along the lines of strategy guides.

You can show them a couple of mock drafts using the software and such. If they understand fantasy football basics, they’ll understand it, it’s usually just adjusting to the software and bidding process.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

I only hype wide receivers, really. I'm a sucker for speed.

and the occasional running back and you should ignore me when I do

…..Al? Are you still alive there????

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Drunk Nerds posted:

That's cool. In years where I'm in a snake draft I make wrestlers that look like everyone in the league in wwe 2k19 then stream a royal rumble to determine draft order

Kinda using a variation of this idea for the 20 team league, but I just asked everyone for their favorite wrestlers and used Fire Pro Wrestling World instead.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Kamara got three games.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1687532088658952206

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

I assume he’ll serve it asap weeks 1-3? That certainly doesn’t make him undraftable. Although he was simply not that good or involved in the game plan last year, and the Saints added 2 backs in the offseason. So I was already down on him to begin with.

Yeah. I picked him up in the seventh round of my best ball league and I fully expect him to shoot towards the fourth or fifth rounds now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

You expect his ADP to go 2 or 3 rounds earlier since he got suspended?

Because the ADP was based on him serving a 6-8 game suspension. If you get 14 games out of Kamara (barring injury), I think that’s easily worth a 4th or 5th.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If anyone is interested, we have an opening in the 20 team fantasy league. Just show up and post in the thread and claim your spot!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034960&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

We’re planning to have a live draft order reveal via Draft Rumble soon, possibly Sunday night. Join us!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Zack posted:

Where are the free goon leagues? I assume every league that has a thread is a pay league.

Nope. 20 team is a free one.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Are there still slots on 20 team? Where's that thread?

Right now it’s full, but you’re welcome to post and ask to be placed on the waitlist. We usually have 1-2 people who get added each year.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4034960&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Just doubled his household's chances at taking his friends' money. Not a bad deal for Kyle if he can reverse Commish's power move in the episode of The League you all live in!

corndog corndog corndog

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

First, big thank you to Drunk Nerds for coming up with that sheet on such a short notice, it's going to help greatly with my draft.

Second, lol that AFCE League is torturous.

Third, speaking of degen leagues, it's the second year for my invention Blue Shell League!

In Blue Shell League, every week the manager in last place has the ability to “throw the shell” at the manager in first place - by forcing the manager to accept a single-player trade with them.
Trades must be position-for position and both players in the trade must have been in their respective starting lineups the week before. (So no getting Christian McCaffery for a kicker, and if you're on the edge of first, you can protect Christian McCaffery... by benching him.)

I created a complete list of rules and suggestions on things I learned last year here, in case anyone wanted to build a league themselves this year:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kTQzuZ9_wgW3-KLrW4RQrxcuDQtcF9bd170JSZ2teQY/edit?usp=sharing

Also, gauging interest in a free goon Blue Shell League?
If I make/commish it, it's gonna be ESPN because that's where all my other leagues are and I don't want to have a million apps.

I’d be willing to give it a try.

If you really wanted to Mario Kart it up, you could:

Pick 3-4 random players (use Random.org or something similar to determine who gets them) to get the mystery boxes each week. The mystery boxes could contain:

Coins: You get three points added to your final score that week.
Banana peel: Some other player gets three points deducted from their final score (player must PM the commish with the player they’re using this against.)
Green shell: Player may force another player to play a non-injured non-bye player in their starting lineup (must declare before games start). Want to keep Patrick Mahomes and Baker Mayfield on your roster? Welllll…..
Feather: Player jumps over any obstacles thrown at them (nothing bad happens to them). If you think something bad will happen to you that week, you play the feather and you avoid it. If nothing was played against you, at least you jumped high.

Just like in Mario Kart, you can hold on to your mystery box item as long as you want during the season and only play it when you need to (but must play it in the thread/PM the commish before games start on Thursday). If last place wants to use their blue shell, they lose whatever mystery box item they have (and first place loses their item too). If a player who already has an item gets randomly chosen for a new mystery box in a week, they must decide whether to keep the item they have or go for what’s in the box without knowing what it will be.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

RCarr posted:

Perhaps this isn’t the best place to ask, but does anyone know what the best option for getting NFL Redzone is if you don’t have cable?

I wish I could just pay whatever just for Redzone, but it seems like you can only get it in addition to a streaming service.

NFL+ just added it, but it’s only viewable through a phone.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

Or tablet, right?

Yeah, I just don’t think it works on normal TV boxes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Matt Zerella posted:

If you only want RedZone, NFL+ Premium is 15 a month

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-launches-for-the-2023-season-now-includes-nfl-network-nfl-redzone

RedZone works on AppleTV/Roku/etc.

Notice in your link:

Available across devices in the United States, NFL+ will now include a live stream of NFL Network and NFL RedZone in addition to access to live out-of-market preseason games, live local and primetime regular season and postseason games (phone and tablet only), live local and national audio for every game, NFL Films' archives and more.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1693020564988875045

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

But I think his current ADP ignores the existence of Tyler Allgeier and the eventual return of CPat.

Plus the Falcons in general

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hey Sean, we have TreQuan Smith over here for a low low price.

You know you want him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

One team has a "bye" each week where they play against a dummy team (since Sleeper only does even numbers of teams). Record-wise, the bye will count as a tie. 14 weeks in the regular season means one team will get two byes but what can you do? This is the first year we've done 13, arrived at it accidentally when one long-time member bowed out and two previous members wanted back in.

This is the dummy team. Open to comedy options re: the roster, I mostly just picked randos

Jake Haener does not belong on that team. :colbert:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

Just dumped Mostert in dynasty but I need long-term RB solutions, not single-season, so who cares. Get it, bud.

I appreciate this decision. :tipshat:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

People have now picked up my Mostert, Gallup, Renfrow, Irv Smith, and Chris Evans scraps. They are more than welcome to ruin their own teams the way I ruined mine.

Well you traded me JT so I think we're even.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Rate my 1PPR dynasty team.

Still need to drop 4 players. Gardner Minshew will not be among them and if you even think of making that suggestion you will feel a cold wind across the back of your neck.

Can't say I like it too much. Drop Hurts, Brown, Miller, and Allen for better balance.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Tomorrow is the best/worst day. I've been dreading it. It's gonna be brutal yet I remain hopeful. Three drafts back to back. :suicide:

That sounds amazingly fun. I have 2 today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
now all tight ends suck again

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

3 DONG HORSE posted:

sheesh, calm down guys. we have two knees for a reason.

why do we have nipples

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Guys Ive been in a coma since 2017 and just woke up for a fantasy football draft, how did i do? 12 team yahoo standard

Help with team names?

Guys Ive been in a coma since 2017

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Calvin ball league winner silly burrito is still here??? My Guy :boom:

:hfive:

Was literally talking about that league today. That was fun as hell.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Thanks for the suggestions yall

Bro I still remember your mystery box rule ahahha. I peeked in the year after i retired and was :smith: yall didnt continue but I guess commissioning was too much of a PITA

Sataere posted:

My greatest fantasy regret was never being in that league. It always looked so fun.

Yeah, being the commish had to be a hell of a headache, but it was easily the most unique and fun league I’ve ever been in. -5000 points for an interception one week, must play two punters the next, it was just balls out a blast.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Kiimo, please tell me about Noah Gray and whether he’s worth a pickup if Kelce is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kiimo posted:

He's nothing like Kelce. Way smaller and less of a route runner. It's impossible to predict who is going to score Thursday if Kelce is out. Hell it could be McKinnon or any of the seven WRs or whatever. It could be Noah but I wouldn't bank on it personally. Blake Bell seems just as likely to score / not score as Noah. I reserve the right to be wrong I'm just saying it's a gamble.

I have Kelce and I'm going to start Dalton Schultz if Kelce sits, which he should.

Much obliged, thanks! :tipshat: