Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I think Hurts will be fine this year but he isn’t playing the NFC North or AFC South so numbers may go down a bit.

NFC East had a very soft schedule last year

E: hmm they’re playing the NFC west and AFC East this year.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 9, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Yeah Tennessee is Chicago Jr. in terms of WRs ending up done.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38037217/saquon-barkley-mulls-sitting-season-says-to

it begins :munch:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Judgy Fucker posted:

Hi fantasy football thread, I do not follow the NFL at all (college guy) but I’m tired of being the only person in my social circle who doesn’t play fantasy football so I’m diving in this year. I see a bunch of resources in the OP, I will take a look at those but wanted to ask:

What is one (or two, or whatever) piece of advice you’d give a total neophyte for their first draft? Thanks in advance.

Focus on RBs and WRs (your format may favor one over the other). QBs are generally plentiful, TE is a wasteland if you don’t grab the top 1 guy like Kelce, so grab more potential WRs and RBs instead.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 20, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ayudo posted:

1. Kelce,
2. Andrews,

a big gap

3. Hockenson,
4. Pitts,
5. Freiermuth.

That's the whole list.

Edit: Shultz is your $1 punt the position guy.

To be fair Schultz won me my league for the first time last year he’s not THAT bad, those week 17 TDs were huge.

Pain of Mind posted:

I forgot he is no longer in Dallas, which probably drops him down my rankings some.

Oops I also forgot this.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

As an addendum, don’t overreact to bad week 1-2s. Don’t be the guy that sits Tee Higgins after he puts up 3 points in week 1 and misses the playoffs by one game!

You drafted your 1-6 guys for a reason, make them prove they aren’t worth it (looking at you Swift :argh:)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So is Hyatt going to be this year’s JaMarr Chase? A rookie that can contribute immediately?

Are there any other non-dynasty WR/RB rookies to keep an eye out for at the end of drafts?

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 9, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

RCarr posted:

Let’s not compare Hyatt to a guy who stepped into the league and immediately became a top 3 WR. Chase is a generational talent, Hyatt could very well do absolutely nothing. I wouldn’t expect anything from him, if he does make some noise, it’s a bonus.

Also remember Daniel Jones sucks at throwing footballs.

Daniel Jones sucks at throwing footballs but has he had anyone to throw to since OBJ left??

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

coronaball posted:

NBC simply ruined Rotoworld/SportsEdge. Just made it into an absolutely useless and worthless website. It's depressing.

It’s so bad now, it sucks :barf:

Are there any good alternatives?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Whoreson Welles posted:

There are a couple RBs who I grabbed last year and didn’t end up keeping/starting, but definitely going to be looking at them again this year. Cook is one of them, the immediate fumble on his first NFL carry was a big lol but he definitely has talent and he showed it in flashes last season.

Rachaad White is another guy I’m going to be looking for late again.

I would rather have White over James Cook atm, the vibes are off in Buffalo so far and every defense in the AFC East looks obnoxious for RBs to play against. Also Fournette is a Raven now.

e: James Cook the other one's on the Jets

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Aug 17, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

kiimo posted:

So White, a starting running back, in the 12th? I mean that's a no-brainer.

Yeah Mattison and White are easy picks here

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

There’s no way Pierce gets the amount of carries he got last year right? He’d occasionally rip one off but the value was in volume.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If you need a last place punishment for your league:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1694000201978216939

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The NFC South appears to have a soft schedule, could Bijan be this year’s Dameon Pierce?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Pain of Mind posted:

I think expectations are a bit higher since Bijan is currently RB#3 on fantasypros while Pierce was RB#26 looking at last years stats.

I wasn’t aware he was going that high sheesh, I was thinking RB2 not first round pick lol

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Drunk Nerds posted:

Same. A few years ago I realized I hadn't won a playoff game tin years in my 14 team bml and completely redid how I thought about bench. Now it's about 1/3 really boring, high floor players to get me through injuries and byes. The other 2/3rds are potential late-season gas: Your rookie rbs and wrs and backups on run heavy offenses. I can cram a.lot in there with players that tick both boxes like Jerick McKinnon and Charbs.

After I did that, I immediately made the finals three straight years with two ships.

Yeah I won it all for the first time last year by having Breece Hall and then Dameon Pierce step up to sneak me into the last playoff spot after my awful second round pick De’Andre Swift got hurt.

I don’t even touch TE at this point load me up on and upside RBs/WRs, I’ll grab some QB in the 8th or so and take some fliers after that

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 25, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ZombieCrew posted:

Ive got the first pick in a 12 man ppr superflex (2qbs) league. Mahommes or Allen? Or a mysterious 3rd option? Qbs are high priority in this league.

At this point Mahomes until he retires

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I was all over the Eagles D early last year, I think the Jags D could fill a similar niche this year. The Chiefs, Buffalo, and Cinci could be scary but the rest seems like easy points, and they have a hot playoff schedule.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kloaked00 posted:

I like to ask each year, what players are you definitely NOT drafting either period, or at their ADP?

Mike Evans, never again

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Floofy posted:

Is there a team to target for us non-DST streamers with a strong schedule? I’ve been seeing the Browns come up a few times on other sites

The Jags play the AFC South and NFC South

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

T-Square posted:

Dude that sniped two QBs (Fields and Burrow) in 6 rounds and left me hanging with Rodgers did what I expected and offered me Burrow and Evans for my AJ Brown.

Maybe I’m dumb but I just can’t get excited about Evans, and also I rejected the trade out of spite because his roster is on the weak side but Brown would put him right up into a competitive team so I slammed that no button. And I don’t know why he’s valuing Fields over Burrow but I hope that bites him in the rear end too.

I will continue to ride with my dark(ness retreat) horse QB for the time being

Laugh at him when Evans screws him over week 1, week 2, week 4… (he’ll inexplicably score 30 game 3 to keep his hopes alive)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

We hear it every year folks: Don't draft Tight Ends!

I’ll usually grab someone in like the 12th that might escape the TE Gray Goo scenario but :laffo: at taking one before that

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1699171763186209012

My ACL is intact T-shirt is getting me a lot of questions answered by my shirt 🤔

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Alright how'd I do, .5PPR:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Made a sit/start thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041334

e: really beaten by 5 minutes??

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Chiefs' insistence on not throwing to their best receiver (McKinnon) last night was baffling.

Pacheco and CEH sucked rear end even before Pacheco got banged up.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Okay but we can blame Matt Nagy right

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Judgy Fucker posted:

Is it good or bad when the defense is the highest scoring part of your team?

Is it Dallas :stare:

I don’t think I’ve seen 35 before

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 11, 2023

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah what the hell - is Swift not 100% or not fully up to speed on the playbook or something???

Swift did not get along with folks in Detroit maybe he's just not likable?? :shrug:

How many games has Dobbins finished in his career? Dude is snakebit :negative:

Any word on Aaron Jones' injury? AJ Dillon may be a pickup as well

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So is Sam LaPorta legit? He looked pretty good Thursday night

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Anti-Hero posted:

Dillon is a prime drop target. I'd only use him to plug in for an injured/bye week starter if and only if Jones was injured as well. I keep drafting him year after year and he just rides the bench.

I'm not a fan of handcuffs, either. If Henry goes down I'd think Conner would slot in for RB2 on my roster.

Jones is injured but it doesn’t seem super serious (yet)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kendrick Bourne balled out Sunday should I be grabbing him over Pukca?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’m flexing Allgeier over Mattison this week. Vikings C is out, Mattison is going to have a tough time punching it through the middle.

Kirk Cousins is like 2-12 in primetime games lol. You gotta play JJ but anyone else could be rough

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Am I crazy for wanting to roll with Jacksonville this week even though it’s the chiefs

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

What are the alternatives?

Nothing I'm super enthused about

Seattle I guess, Jets are great but I feel like the Cowboys are gonna have a lot of short fields lol

T-Square posted:

I’m kind of in this boat in one league too. Part of me wants to stream the Lions against Seattle with two starting Tackles out (I believe) especially after the Lions harassed Mahomes all night last week.

However at least one person in that league is keyed in on Jacksonville’s easier schedule and I’m pretty confident he’d scoop them up right away if I dropped them for a week, so I think I’m just gonna ride out a potentially rough week on the D/ST side of things. My entire roster has easy/green matchups and my opponent isn’t particularly strong either, so.

I will now get blown out this week

Yeah kinda in the same mood.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

week 1: I dunno about this team
week 2: :smuggo:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Gaston Bachelard posted:

Is this the thread for discussing trades? Guy wants Josh Allen from me, and hopes to send Lamar+. Initial offer included Zay Flowers but I was thinking on countering Lamar+Calvin Ridley. Too much? I don’t really mind sending an insulting counter, I’ve known the guy for years. Too little? The difference between the QBs is feeling smaller than during draft season, but we’re only two weeks in…

He's trying to buy low, that door slammed shut yesterday lol

The Bills are flawed but the Jets D is legit

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Tom Tucker posted:

So what's going on with Kyren Williams, some drama surrounding Cam Akers? Is he worth a high waiver claim?

if he somehow is on waivers yes

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How much FAAB we spend for Hunter Henry, TE

If you didn't grab him last week back up the truck, he's escaped the amorphous TE Gray Goo scenario and he's clearly a target Jones favors now that the offense borders on competency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Anti-Hero posted:

Grabbed him in one league where I was streaming TEs...is he worth dumping Muth over in another?

I would but others might feel differently, I want no part of the Steelers offense other than like Pickens