Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Trying to negotiate a trade with someone using keeptradecut for valuations is a maddening experience

Shouldn't be too hard, just trade all your picks away for players. KTC valuations for picks are absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

1. Mark Andrews is a DEXCOM Warrior with powerful car wash vacuum tubes for hands. He still retains all the insane talent and only fell off a cliff because the Ravens had to field their backup QB who insisted on following his reads and other nonsense instead of Lamar Jackson's go to plan of "if the first read breaks down and I can't run then throw it to a triple covered Mark Andrews for easy yards."

Injuries derailed Mandrews' season. He had a knee injuries week 7-9 + 11 (reported) and a concurrent shoulder injury, but he just didn't look right the rest of the season regardless of who was QB.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

Which player would you rather have in dynasty, Jayden Reed or Trey McBride? It's a PPR league with TE premium. I can get one of them in a trade and not sure which one to go with. My gut is telling me Reed, but my overthinking brain is telling me McBride.

Reed no question. Was a favorite of Matt Harmon’s reception perception (among WRs drafted outside rd1).

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I would not feel good starting Dak over Fields. I might just drop Fields for Russ though. Or Daniel Jones vs Seattle

Seattle's pass rush is terrible so Jones might actually have time to throw. Look what the Panthers managed to put up against them.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I've been offered Achane and LaPorta for my Swift and Jalen Warren. I also own Mostert/Wilson so this basically locks up the Dolphins backfield. I'm already loving stacked at RB so I think this is a no brainer.

QB: Mahomes
RB: Barkley, Etienne, Swift, Mostert, Jeff Wilson, Warren
WR: A.J. Brown, Aiyuk, Hopkins, Thomas
TE: Engram

Take the offer and run. TEs are a wasteland right now and Swift may well get injured this season (just like last).

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

gloom posted:

12 team super flex league, my QBs are currently Hurts and Minshew. I’d like to shore up that QB2 spot and Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, and Jimmy G are all currently available on waivers. Would any of them be an upgrade on Minshew rest of season?

I think Ridder might get dropped soon too, that person is rostering three QBs and it’s not feasible with our short benches (3+1 IR.) Would he be worth considering?

That's brutal but it's probably Mac Jones > Pickett (mac is a better QB with worse WRs but his OC isn't Matt Canada). I don't have much hope for Jimmy behind the terrible Raiders OL.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

ElectricRelaxation posted:

I grabbed Njoku as a bye week fill in for LaPorta, but I noticed that somehow McBride and Taysom didn't get claimed. Are either of those guys worth picking up over Njoku?

If Taysom has TE eligibility in your league, he should be slotted in ahead of anyone below LaPorta level. They use him in red zone packages, 3rd down, etc. You’ll see him lined up as QB and think: “surely they’ll stop the run this time” but no he keeps getting yards even when they run the same play twice in a row. and they’re playing Chicago next week.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Pain of Mind posted:

Who should I pick up at QB for a super flex between Heinicke, Minshew, or Levis? I would lean Heinicke, but I am not sure if he is starting.

I’d lean Minshew just based on their Oc (Steichen), he’s a gunslinger and they seem to tolerate his turnovers. Falcons and Titans game plan is still ball control (rushing and defense), and teams are going to have film on Levis next week. Also Heinicke always looks good as a backup the first game and then defenses adjust.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

So now that Josh Dobbs has apparently been traded to the Vikings, this means that Murray has got be ready to go for week 9 right?

I only ask because I have Goff on bye this week and I have the option of either picking up Stroud/Carr as fill-ins or moving Murray off IR and starting him against...Cleveland?!

Do we think Murray has much realistic upside the rest of the season and I should make room for him on my short bench (4 bench spots)?

More likely Murray starts week 10. They’re out of the playoff race so they don’t need to rush him. Even if he plays, won’t be as mobile coming off the ACL tear until next year. Carr’s playing Chicago so I’d probably roll with him over Stroud given he has better skill players, an actual run game, and easy checkdowns to Kamara.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

bows1 posted:

Ok so this is kind of a rich get richer situation but basically Im getting screwed on byes this week.

Im 6-2 and #1 in the league.

I have Sam LaPorta as my TE1 and Evan Engram on my bench as TE backup. I didnt realize that both were on by this week so I dont have a TE and I dont want to drop anyone from my bench (also on bye - Jahmyr Gibbs, Javonte Williams or my backup WR Chris Olave) to pick up a TE for one week.

Should I just go without a TE and keep my stacked bench for weeks moving forward since I'm in a good spot record wise? Still projected at 105 for the week but Im going against the #3 team.... I think I could just take the L to avoid losing a good piece.

I’d maybe try to trade Engram laterally. A playoff bye is worth a lot and you’re probably not that far ahead.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

I missed out on the Minshew waivers, God help me I’m starting Bryce Young while Goff is on bye.

Colts matchups have been shooting galleries lately, and I think Bryce looked the best he’s ever been last game against Houston. So if there’s any week Bryce could put up 20+ pts, I’d say it’s this week.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

Due to having 4 players on bye this week, I need a waiver wire pickup to plug in at WR. Who’s my best option out of this sad lot?

Brandon Cooks @ CAR
Curtis Samuel vs NYG
Odell Beckham vs CIN
Khalil Shakur vs NYJ
Rondale Moore @ HOU
Jonathan Mingo vs DAL

0.5 ppr

I'd probably start Cooks (high-powered offense, run game not as strong this year, Carolina is trash tier) but I couldn't fault you for Samuel (good fit for Bieniemy's offense, NYG are terrible) or OBJ either.

Mingo = still a developmental rookie
Moore = nope
Shakir = gadget WR. not startable

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Watson done for, so what?

Let me just check the wire in my single QB 14 team league:

Oh...oh no.

In single QB, I'd trade for a QB. Otherwise you're riding shotgun with Zach this week.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

KingKapalone posted:

With Keaton Mitchell going on IR with an ACL, that would mean like 11 months before playing right? Was considering him as a 7th round keeper but I assume his ADP is going to be very late round now so probably don't even have to?

There’s a substantial performance drop (iirc 20-30%) their first year post-ACL. I wouldn’t keep him at rd7.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

Going with this lineup for wildcard weekend:

QB: Tua
RB: Achane
RB: White
WR: Evans
WR: Nacua
WR: Pickens
TE: Kraft

Thoughts?

Whelp I hope you didn’t start those Fins players.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Who was bad last year that will now be good value due to moving in free agency?

Diontae in PPR is probably a good dart throw in the later-rounds, he’s a better receiver than Thielen.
Mid-rounds Drake London (due to having an actual QB this year, pending Kirk’s recovery from the achilles tear).
Hollywood Brown with the Chiefs is worth a late round flier. The KC receivers… are not great.
Curtis Samuel super late round.

Rbs:
Jacobs to GB. He was rb27 last year in half-ppr but still has name recognition. His RB competition is also terrible. I think(?) the rush defenses in the nfc north are also bad.
Zack Moss to Cin. Rb29 last year.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

New superflex dynasty starts tomorrow and I have 1.01.

Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?

Especially with the news today, I think I'd rather the relative "safety" of Mahomes over Allen. What say you?

Allen: higher average points per year. Fewer average years. They literally just traded away diggs for peanuts.
Mahomes: lower average pts per year but his qb style is going to age better than Allen’s since he’s not trying to run over defenders.

If you’re still on the fence, watch some youtube breakdowns on Kurt Warner’s channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Trevor was supposed to be eternally all pro Football Jesus, and 3 years in he looks middling.

I mean he's still a good starting QB and any of those teams without a QB would've traded multiple 1sts for him probably. To be fair to Trevor, his o-line was hot garbage last year, Ridley didn't work out, and Christian Kirk got injured.

Also:
https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1785372640439574643?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw