Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of TEs, who’s going to be more consistent: Taysom Hill or Gerald Everett?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Green Gloves posted:

My opponent started Achane against me last week and proceeded to drop him.

That has to be one of the most painful feelings.

I did the same thing and yeah :negative:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The thing with Achane is that Miami seems to have a lot of weapons on their o-line, so he’s not going to be anything close to consistent since there are other targets, or else defensive lines would collapse around him.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’m looking forward to half of my offense not being dead so I can join the rest of my league in scoring 100-115pts instead of my current *peeks at yahoo fantasy* 86pts

At least I can always count on Goff and Jefferson

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Do I drop Allegeier for Kamara now that he’s off suspension, or do I keep him and pray for better matchups?

I have Montegomery (injured for now) and Jacobs, but so far only Monty is anything approaching consistent

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I remain extremely mad that I benched Nacua over Reynolds and got 0pts

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We’re 8min into the game and he already has 1.7pts lol god dammit

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

coronaball posted:

He had 25 receptions and 266 yards in his first two games, and you benched him for Josh Reynolds? What?

He was marked questionable, and Reynolds was not, and I didn’t want to risk 0pts on a Monday game day decision

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

It was the exact same situation as last week. He was given a day off of practice for his minor injury and McVay said that day he was going to play both weeks.

coronaball posted:

Yeah, that's the problem with them doing away with the "probable" tag. Questionable now encompasses guys who are almost certain to play, guys who are unlikely to play, and everyone in between. Gotta read the rotoworld updates.

:negative:

I’ll have to check that out. This is my first time doing fantasy, so better to lose now and learn than never figure that out lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Garrett Everett appears to be averaging the same or close to Musgrave as well

I’m not sure what the state of the Chargers is, though, but given that I think their HC is on the chopping block, I’d imagine Musgrave is going to be more consistent yes?

I’m honestly not sure if I keep Taysom Hill and drop Everett or vice versa

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I was using the Detroit d until I saw KC was facing chicago

Naturally Detroit decided to get like six sacks and out score the KC defence the moment I dropped them lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ok, for my lineup this week this is what I have

JJ and Nacua for WR
Monty and Kamara for RB
J Jacobs for w/r/t

Should I put Zay Flowers or Waddle in for J Jacobs? I know it’s early in the season, but Jacob’s seems to be underperforming projections but is playing the chargers, while I’m worried Zay won’t get many targets against Pittsburgh

Jacobs is projected for 11.18 while Zay is at 9.91.

Or maybe I need to put Jacobs in for Kamara and see how Kamara does this week?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think about of people are sleeping on Lions as a pick tbh. They have as many points as KC

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Waivers run in one of my leagues tonight. Still trying to get away from Daniel Jones, trade talks have not gotten anywhere. Thoughts on dropping him for Love, Russ, or Stroud? I don't really have bench space to hold him plus another QB.

Looking at several different sites they all still have Jones ranked highest of those options. But I just loving can't even with this guy anymore. I see no indication the Giants are on the cusp of figuring something out. Are people really going to keep running Dimes out there? I think I need to drop him for my mental health, even if this inevitably sets him off on a run of 30 point games.

If love is available I’d jump on him straight away tbh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I, too, have both musgrave and Henry

The only thing is I hope musgrave doesn’t pop off because I want the Lions to win lol. Given this

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I would. The Lions are allowing the most points to TE's of anyone. And they have not even faced any good (for fantasy) TE's lol. Chiefs backups, Seattle, Atlanta. I don't really expect the Pats to be able to do poo poo in the face of Dallas' pass rush (or any other circumstances, for that matter :smith:)

I’d agree it’s a safe bet he does better than Henry

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like Josh Jacobs has been underperforming to the point of being sort of a wet fart. Montgomery has been my most consistent (or over performing) RB so far

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DoctaFun posted:

Man, start Waddle coming off a concussion or Higgins for his 3 or 20 point game….

Or start either of them over Kamara…

I’ve been debating waddle over zay flowers since yesterday lol

I read that buffalo’s defense has kept WRs to only 21pts per game, so I’m leaning Flowers over waddle

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The downside for all of us musgrave starters is Detroit discovered that sacking the QB is easier than bottling the TE

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1707839584132805055?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had grabbed him in the draft and have been sitting on him :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had Nacua, Jefferson, and Montgomery all pop tf off this week :toot:

I didn’t get to watch the Dolphins game, but I think I’m going to bench waddle and run 3 RBs (Montgomery, Jacobs, and Kamara)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My RBs got me 56pts this week and is the only reason I managed to stay competitive and win my match

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

What happened between last season and this season with the Bengals? I thought they were at the Super Bowl or at least deep into the playoffs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I built my fantasy team with a bunch of lions, including Goff as my primary QB. He’s been pretty good and consistently getting me high teens/low 20s in points, but just to be safe I am dropping Stafford as my backup and hopefully picking up Stroud from waivers

Hopefully Jamo pops off next week too

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

I dunno but I feel like the worst KIND of negative fantasy score is when you have one player left, and you're winning and the other owner is done and your last player left is your hometown team's DEF/Special Teams and instead of sitting them you play them because of course they're going to kick rear end on Monday Night Football and you get negative points and lose.

This happened yesterday with loving Kansas city. Granted I still won by 33pts, but I would have won by 46 and been the highest scoring team this week.

Unironically dropped KC for DET and won’t be looking back. Let hutch eat.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seattle is currently doing exactly what I had expected KC to do against the jets

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Tempted to drop KC D for Detroit D.

I already did lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of Dolphins weapons, Waddle sure isn’t doing a lot out there

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I noticed :mad:

I can’t decide if I want to run waddle in my flex spot against NYG, or recognise that Hill/Mostert/Achane are getting the ball and put Jacobs @ GB in that spot instead.

Jacobs surprised me in week 4 after three weeks of 8-9pts with a 24pt game, but after seeing what Kamara did his first game back, I’m not sure who will be the more consistent pick provided that Garoppolo is still out

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

If your league has Stroud/Stafford in the FA pool, why roster a backup QB at all?

Mostly because idk what I’m doing :shobon:

This is my first league lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Whoreson Welles posted:

Is Allgeier a drop at this point? My bench has other more exciting fliers I’d rather hang on to with it being a keeper league, and I need to pick up a Kicker for the week. I’m also kind of saturated at RB2/3s with Conner, Mattison, Roschon, and now McLaughlin.

I dropped Allgeier after the Detroit game, but I also dropped achane the week before he blew up, so

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

NYG vs MIA feels like a blood bath

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Miami defense isn’t great but it’s at least capable of murdering the NYG o-line on live tv

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My big question is what happens when/if Taysom Hill gets swapped into QB but you have him slotted in the TE position

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Players at non QB positions still get points if they complete passes. Like a couple weeks ago Keenan Allen threw a TD to Mike Williams on a trick play and he got the same score for it a QB would have

Nice! Good to know, thanks!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like it’s much easier to confidently run DJ in bigger leagues. I have JJ, Jamo, Nacua, Flowers, Waddle, and Reynolds. My league has so far apparently drafted perfectly, because the dude in the lead has made no drops or trades and has 100 PF more than I do

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Like going into that game I was expecting a bloodbath with all the hype around Washington and then the first like three plays of the game I was like wait I know I don’t watch bears games since they’re blacked out usually, but this dude is playing like this and he’s 0-4? And then I realised that oh the linemen are doing something I know they weren’t doing based on the clips I had seen

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1710304503356911918?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

Thrilled to see Waddle will be even less targeted lol

(:negative:)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

abelwingnut posted:

e: the one possibility i see is waddle is hurt/concussed more than we know, which...would explain his last game. but still, we need to know more here before we can even entertain that route.

Given the Dolphins history with concussions, you may honestly be on to something here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I feel like it’s easier to draft a write off middle of the pack QB and stud the poo poo out of your RB and WR squads. You’re going to get more value with Goff as your QB who consistently gets 23+/-1.5 at home and mccaffrey + JJ or Adams as your first and second pics

Idk tho, it’s my first year and I drafted/picked waivers based on consistently matching or exceeding projections, but I read somewhere that a bunch of people prefer to gamble on players who may or may not super over perform depending on the day