Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Does anyone dare start Denver's defense next week against Chicago? I know they just gave up 70 points but they're playing the Bears whose offense may be imploding even worse. There's not many other match ups available that really jump out at me. Maybe Cleveland against Baltimore? They seem to have a pretty good defense this year.

Browns D has looked pretty good and everyone on the Ravens offense is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

coronaball posted:

He had 25 receptions and 266 yards in his first two games, and you benched him for Josh Reynolds? What?

He was marked questionable, and Reynolds was not, and I didn’t want to risk 0pts on a Monday game day decision

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Does anyone dare start Denver's defense next week against Chicago? I know they just gave up 70 points but they're playing the Bears whose offense may be imploding even worse. There's not many other match ups available that really jump out at me. Maybe Cleveland against Baltimore? They seem to have a pretty good defense this year.

I would do Cleveland. Bears are a nice matchup for defenses but I'm not starting any defense that just gave up 70 points no matter who they were playing.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

He was marked questionable, and Reynolds was not, and I didn’t want to risk 0pts on a Monday game day decision

It was the exact same situation as last week. He was given a day off of practice for his minor injury and McVay said that day he was going to play both weeks.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Survived the Mostert-ening by a solid 15 points. Helps I also had Tyreek but gut calls starting Mattison and Conner definitely helped.

And by gut calls I mean losing Chubb made them my RB 2a and 2b behind Pollard.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Yeah, that's the problem with them doing away with the "probable" tag. Questionable now encompasses guys who are almost certain to play, guys who are unlikely to play, and everyone in between. Gotta read the rotoworld updates.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

It was the exact same situation as last week. He was given a day off of practice for his minor injury and McVay said that day he was going to play both weeks.

coronaball posted:

Yeah, that's the problem with them doing away with the "probable" tag. Questionable now encompasses guys who are almost certain to play, guys who are unlikely to play, and everyone in between. Gotta read the rotoworld updates.

:negative:

I’ll have to check that out. This is my first time doing fantasy, so better to lose now and learn than never figure that out lol

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

:negative:

I’ll have to check that out. This is my first time doing fantasy, so better to lose now and learn than never figure that out lol

Ah. Yeah Rotoworld isn't what it used to be but it's still a useful resource for player updates. And follow Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport on Twitter. They both have their faults as reporters (especially Schefter when he does nothing more than regurgitate things that agents tell him) but their late Saturday/early Sunday reporting on actives/inactive is very valuable.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Squeaked out a win thanks to that Davante Adams outburst but only because I lucked into playing another team that also had a bad week. Seemed like everyone either scored 80 or 150 this week

In one of my leagues a dude scored over 250 points :stare: (cheating though, it has juiced DST scoring so the Bills alone had like 50 points plus Mostert and Tyreek)

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 26, 2023

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Sataere posted:

Love this answer lol. Let me preface this by saying I still think you're crazy for doing this. But I also think Kelley is gonna have a top five week this week and did the exact same thing with Kelley and Aaron Jones.

Genius is never understood in its time.

abelwingnut posted:

even with henry being tennesseed, he still outscored kelley, 2 to 1.95.

It's PPR so kelley 2.7 to henry 2.0 for me i lost to mostert but still won the mental game

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Jingleheimer posted:

Just got a trade offer in my superflex dynasty league where I'm tanking.

Give: Sam Howell, 2024 late 1st, 2024 late 2nd

Get: Justin Fields

I'm not sure about Howell long term, but I should probably just stay away from Fields, right? Even if I really wanted him I think that might be a bit too much to give up.

If you are tanking, any trade where you give up a pick is a bad idea.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I have this same dilemma and have already swapped in Howell. He might play and I'll feel foolish, but I'd rather not scramble at the last second.

shouldve done this, i played burrow and lost by 0.1. hindsight blah blah

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I have no questions I just want to show off the best week I've ever had in fantasy

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hmm. So I got burned by Jacksonville's D this week. (Bad!)

But they're up against the Falcons this week. (Good!)

But the game is in England. (Bad!)

Anyone still like this play? I'm thinking I would rather pick up the Bucs and hope Jameis gets the start. Which I'd expect.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Bengals @ Tennessee looks promising if they're available. Maybe Denver @ Chicago, but I don't trust the Broncos.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

tarbrush posted:

I have no questions I just want to show off the best week I've ever had in fantasy

I didn't even have a bad week, ending with the fourth-highest score at just over 123.

Going to be staring into the middle distance a lot today.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Is Najee droppable at this point? I don't really remember him having any major injuries but he is cooked.

After watching him play Sunday I think I'd rather have McKinnon as a lottery ticket

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Bellmaker posted:

Is Najee droppable at this point? I don't really remember him having any major injuries but he is cooked.

After watching him play Sunday I think I'd rather have McKinnon as a lottery ticket

I asked the same question a few days ago and the consensus seems to be that you can jettison him with no regrets.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

You can get similar week to week production from Roschon Johnson and Tyjae Spears as you are from Najee at the moment, 2 players who are currently playing behind starters on the depth chart and are on fantasy rosters for upside later in the season.

You could also drop Najee for Jaylen Warren on that same basis and improve on what you’re currently getting week to week..

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have Burrow and Tua, and drat I was really hoping for a good game from Burrow because I'd love to trade him. Tua is the clear better option at this point, and barring injury, I only need to worry about another QB when he's on the bye. I had drafted Tua just as a backup for Burrow because I was concerned about his calf, and now I'm looking to just dump Burrow on someone. I guess I'll hang on for another week or two and see if he can improve his stock and try to trade him to someone desperate for a QB.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Docjowles posted:

Why would you ever say something like this

Note to self: never say something like that again

Docjowles posted:

Makes mental note to check back tonight after Puka aggravates his injury in pre game warmups, White pulls a hammy in the first quarter, Swift retires to become a Taylor Swift backup dancer and the Eagles allow 50 points

:smug:

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Points this week were crazy. I scored 162.80 points in one of my Yahoo half-PPR fantasy leagues this week and still managed to lose to someone with 188.02 points.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

I kind of feel bad for other guys in my league. The #1 and #2 scoring teams are playing each other, and the #3 (me hopefully after tonight) and the #4 guy is my opponent. Putting up 130-140 points and still losing is tough.

I’d rather this happen than what appears to be happening for the second year in a row in our friend league. Current champion’s football knowledge kinda just stopped at like 2019 and his teams always reflect that. Dude snuck into the playoffs at 7-7 and then skated by everyone pooping their pants in the playoffs. Now he is currently 3-0 with basically the same team as last year and with scores of 96, 110, and 130 because apparently he just has some hex where everyone playing him just drops their pants and bends over for him.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

DMCrimson posted:

Points this week were crazy. I scored 162.80 points in one of my Yahoo half-PPR fantasy leagues this week and still managed to lose to someone with 188.02 points.

Yep lol I'm 1-2 with the second most total points so far this season :D

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
are people cutting bait on fields or trying to steal 1 more week against a really bad D?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm gonna drop 101/200 on Achane. I feel like that's not enough...

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

mcmagic posted:

are people cutting bait on fields or trying to steal 1 more week against a really bad D?

The first place in my money league is starting Dak over Fields (and he has Love rostered).

My lack of WR depth is going to burn me very soon. Watson hasn't played yet, Mike Williams lost for the season, and Tee Higgins is looking like a repeat of last year; boom/bust and no consistent floor.

I should probably get a package going to one of the RB needy teams and see what I can get going. I've got Jakobi Meyers who is looking good after coming back from concussion, so maybe I have a bit of runway here.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
That last reception Pucua caught brought me from 4th place to 2nd place just based on the points, which is normally good but I need a better waiver spot to replace Mike Williams.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Anti-Hero posted:

The first place in my money league is starting Dak over Fields (and he has Love rostered).

My lack of WR depth is going to burn me very soon. Watson hasn't played yet, Mike Williams lost for the season, and Tee Higgins is looking like a repeat of last year; boom/bust and no consistent floor.

I should probably get a package going to one of the RB needy teams and see what I can get going. I've got Jakobi Meyers who is looking good after coming back from concussion, so maybe I have a bit of runway here.

I would not feel good starting Dak over Fields. I might just drop Fields for Russ though. Or Daniel Jones vs Seattle

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Raheem Mostert scored 1 rushing touchdown in week one. 2 in week two. 3 in week three. At this current rate, the only thing we need to ask ourselves is what is going to happen during Miami's bye week? Since it's week 10 of the NFL season, will he somehow still score 10 TDs, or will he have to wait until week 11 to score 10, thus breaking the matching TDs/weeks phenomenon? Or will he skip from 9 in week 9 to 11 in week 11?

In any case, using this model we can clearly see that he'll tie Ladainian Tomlinson's rushing touchdown record in week 7 and will surpass it in week 8. If my math is correct he should finish with between 143 and 171 TDs on the year.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

mcmagic posted:

I would not feel good starting Dak over Fields. I might just drop Fields for Russ though. Or Daniel Jones vs Seattle

Seattle's pass rush is terrible so Jones might actually have time to throw. Look what the Panthers managed to put up against them.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Absolutely cutting bait this week. I have Tua so there's no way going forward I start Fields over him. And I need more WR depth. Plus I'm putting in a waiver claim for Achane despite having CMC, Pollard, Washington, and Allgeier (we only start 2WR so I don't carry as much depth there).

And I decided I'm going Bucs over Jags for defense this week. I don't trust screwiness of the London game despite how bad Atlanta's offense is.

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
I have Fields and I didn't even start him in a super flex league. Benched him for Stroud this week, and will continue to do so until he hits 75 yards rushing in a game.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Just checking to make sure of this. On Yahoo if I put in a waiver claim to swap player A off my bench before player B came off being listed as out it will still go through if player B is now listed as questionable after I put in the claim but still in the IR slot? Sorry that’s worded horribly, I couldn’t figure out the best way to type it up lol.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Quiet Feet posted:

Raheem Mostert scored 1 rushing touchdown in week one. 2 in week two. 3 in week three. At this current rate, the only thing we need to ask ourselves is what is going to happen during Miami's bye week? Since it's week 10 of the NFL season, will he somehow still score 10 TDs, or will he have to wait until week 11 to score 10, thus breaking the matching TDs/weeks phenomenon? Or will he skip from 9 in week 9 to 11 in week 11?

In any case, using this model we can clearly see that he'll tie Ladainian Tomlinson's rushing touchdown record in week 7 and will surpass it in week 8. If my math is correct he should finish with between 143 and 171 TDs on the year.

During bye week his touchdowns will go byebye and you have to start counting all over again

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Kilometers Davis posted:

Just checking to make sure of this. On Yahoo if I put in a waiver claim to swap player A off my bench before player B came off being listed as out it will still go through if player B is now listed as questionable after I put in the claim but still in the IR slot? Sorry that’s worded horribly, I couldn’t figure out the best way to type it up lol.

Yes, the claim will go through.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yes, the claim will go through.

Thanks!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the Colts D has maybe the softest fantasy schedule I have ever seen in my life and as a bonus they actually seem GOOD. Hard buy if they're available in your league

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Luke Musgrave seems to be on an upward trajectory for the season, yeah? I'm currently in first but could really use an upgrade at TE, I've been starting Dalton Schultz who hasn't been doing much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Luke Musgrave seems to be on an upward trajectory for the season, yeah? I'm currently in first but could really use an upgrade at TE, I've been starting Dalton Schultz who hasn't been doing much.

Yeah I think so. He was seeing reasonable usage as a rookie even in week 1. Playing well and he's got the job to himself. And he actually could easily have several TDs already... he's gotten wide open behind the defense a couple times and then Love made lovely throws

Neither guy is going to light the league on fire but as an younger, athletic real life second round pick I would prefer to bet on Musgrave's upside