Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Fantasy is great because it the beginning the weather is nice and you’ve got your shiny new team and then in December the weather is miserable and depressing along with your team

Thanks for the new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Never draft Chiefs other than Mahomes and Kelce in redraft

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This year in redraft 1QB, depending on draft position, I am going to try taking Kelce in the first and Hurts in the 2nd, then just draft RBs and WRs for the next fifteen picks. The positional advantage of those two has me saying fuckit this year, I dont care about ADP.

Yeah drafted Kelce 2.2 and Hurts in the late 3rd last year and some league mates laughed at me. I finished the #1 seed. Ended up finishing at #4 and out of the money cause Hurts broke

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A dumbass in my bar league showed up for the live draft at the bar having done mushrooms beforehand

“Dave! It’s your turn!”

“Who’s still available?”

“The spreadsheet is on the loving TV screen you’re staring at!”

Over and over

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My league does it at the bar. If you try to draft someone who’s already been drafted you have to buy a round of apple pie shots

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

EconDad posted:

I've got bad late stage Julio Jones and Andre Johnson vibes going on here with Hopkins to TEN.

Yeah me too

Hope I’m wrong but I’m not optimistic about DHop producing like he used to

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

Yeah last year in the league with big rosters I loaded up on backup running backs. By the end of the season I had Kenneth Walker and Rachaad White starting for me.

not that I won :(

Yeah it’s likely that if you pay attention to injuries and work the waiver wire you’ll end up with a top ten dude or two on your team that wasn’t even on the radar when your draft happened

I’ve been playing for 8 years and my main advice is just pay attention. Not all of your league mates will.

And nthing punt on TE until late in the draft if you don’t get a top 3 guy.

Stock up on WRs with a good QB

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Kelce got me into the playoffs the last 2 years. Seriously he is worth a first round pick

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

One of these days Kelce will be too old to draft

Not today

No reason to think he can’t do it again

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

kiimo posted:

This will be the last year I can keep Justin Jefferson. Started as an 8th round hit and will be 4th round this year. Just an absolute steal three years in a row.

I think I’ve got Sun God at the cost of an 8th round pick and Rhamondre at the cost of a 10th

But I’m not sure because Yahoo just wipes all that info on the mobile site

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

Yea people will veto simply because a team is getting better as a result of a trade. Which is, you know, 90+ percent of trades.

loving this. In my league no one ever trades. There was only one last year proposed and it got voted down

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yo I’m an idiot

My redraft league gives you one keeper. I gotta take Sun God at the cost of my 5th round pick right?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Pain of Mind posted:

That is good value, but it is hard to say whether it is the best one without knowing the rest of your team. I have him as a 9th rounder :smug:.

Good job on scoring him that late!

Well my other options are

Rhamondre for my 6th round pick
Brian Robinson for my 9th
George Pickens for my 11th

12 team standard league .5 PPR Yahoo 2 WR 1 RB 2 FLEX

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m not drafting CMC even if he falls to me

He might stay healthy but I’m not going to roll the dice on that

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Anyone got a source for draft day cheat sheets?

Mostly just need for crossing out guys who’ve been drafted

Football Absurdity beersheets require setting up an account plus entering a credit card and gently caress that

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

No they don't? I haven't played fantasy in like 8 years and was able to get a sheet just fine.

Okay I realized you gotta scroll way down past ads to get to the form

Got my customized sheet now! If I could only figure out how to save and print it

Oh well I won my league the first year by just showing up to the draft with a copy of Sport Illustrated’s rankings

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well poo poo. Tell me what that ad looked like and I'll kill it. Google ads sometimes puts some real dumb stuff in there and I have to manually go in and snipe.

This is the one that fooled me. The content was wayyyy down the page

I’m not the smartest guy in the world though

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My draft is about to start and got #2 pick

Tempted to get Kelce as we’re .5 PPR 1 rb 2 FLX and I’m leery of CMC (assuming JJ goes first)

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Welp just got home from my live bar league draft (at the bar so it was a drunken shitshow)

Not necessarily in order because I left my sheet I wrote my picks on at the bar

CMC
CeeDee Lamb
Amon Ra St Brown
Lamar Jackson
Diontae Johnson
Samaje Perine
Brian Robinson
Quentin Johnston
Elijah Moore
Elijah Mitchell
Marvin Mims
De von Achane
Alec Pierce

Not thrilled but not that bad?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Docjowles posted:

Does this league have tight ends? Cause if so you might want to make an immediate waiver move when you wake up tomorrow

Oh yeah I drafted Sam LaPorta in like the13th round

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Have the Chiefs had a legit stud rb1 since Jamaal Charles?

RIP Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bellmaker posted:

Mike Evans, never again

Amen

He’ll get you 5 points if you start him or 25+ if he’s on your bench.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
^^^^Hell yeah let’s goooooo!

Commish finally entered our draft results into the system

12 teams .5 PPR 1 QB 1 RB 2 WR 2 FLX

Think I did OK except I’ve gotta improve my bench and get rid of one of the TEs.

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 29, 2023

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Chernabog posted:

Well, this is my draft. Let's see how it goes.

Looks good! Especially if Geno is even better with new weapons

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Whoreson Welles posted:

Doing endless mocks for days leading up to the draft only to have your unpredictable idiot buddies throw your plans completely off the rails is half the fun.

Our commissioner has always done a “write names on slips of paper and draw from a hat” draft order thing a week before but this year got hold of a wheel of fortune and we did it right at the start of the draft

I did way less mock drafts not knowing my pick # which was good because like you said once people start doing weird poo poo your strategy might change in a hurry

I drafted 2nd in a 1 QB snake draft and QBs started flying off the board late second round

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RCarr posted:

I will say it until the day I die, the worse you Yahoo draft rating the better your team.

I’ve won multiple chips with the worst or close to the worst draft rating.

For example an auto drafted team will usually get the best rating because they take the top ranked defense and kicker in the 8th and 9th rounds and draft a backup QB and TE.

Yahoo hasn’t given me a draft grade from my draft last Saturday

Last year I got a C and ended up the #1 team going into the playoffs

Of course I finished fourth and out of the money

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

EconDad posted:

#1 and then fourth.

Are you me?

Sucked having Jalen Hurts get hurt right when fantasy playoffs started. That sunk me

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Our work league is doing draft Monday since it's the only time we will all have off together. First time playing in 10 years, any tips would be appreciated.

10 teams, full PPR, 1qb,2rb,2wr,1te, flex. Running 7 player bench. Snake draft, won't know draft position until day of.

Looking like I should prioritize receivers and catching running backs first unless I can get good value from a QB or TE in a round other than first unless Kelce is open?

I had a similar draft last week not knowing my pick # and got 2 and had to take CMC. Totally threw off my zero RB plan but he does catch passes

Tons of great WRs this year so that would be my early round focus but I’d be tempted to snag Kelce if he’s still available in the mid-late first round

I am not a fantasy genius though

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Picked up Dotson late in my draft. Have him currently slotted as my flex.

If Terry's looking good for full participation at game day should I swap him out for any of:

Dionte Johnson
Mike Williams
Rachaad White

Or just keep him in because Arizona?

I’ve got Diontae and Dotson and I’m flexing Diontae

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I made a Sit/Start thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041333&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bellmaker posted:

Made a sit/start thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4041334

e: really beaten by 5 minutes??

Lol sorry bud

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sun God getting my week off to a good start

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Didn’t start LaPorta but good first game for him

I’ve also got Juwan Johnson, so maybe I’ll be ok on the TE front?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

RestingB1tchFace posted:

BS first week. Just brutal.

Truth

Lamar did nothing, Diontae got hurt…

No real shootouts either

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

Can anyone who watched that game comment on if he was getting open on his own or was the beneficiary of scheme? I'd like to know if defenses keying in on him more are going to significantly affect him going forward before throwing a large percent of my budget at him. If he's the next Diggs he'll be a league winner, if he's just a guy who benefited from the way one game was planned not so much.

Seattle’s defense was awful

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m so glad my Yahoo league doesn’t have waivers

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bird in a Blender posted:

I dropped Dionte after he got hurt and yahoo currently has him like the 11th best WR available right now in my league. I’m not too worried about him being available to pick back up. Maybe I made a huge mistake, but he was riding my bench anyway.

I’m keeping him. Ive drafted him three years in a row

This is going to be his year! That’s what they say at least

Maybe the Steelers offense won’t be dogshit its gonna be dogshit

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ShowTime posted:

I've gotten really, really lucky with my injuries

Well now you’ve done it

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde