Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BUSH 2112 posted:

i recently came out to my friends (which went well!) and my family (which didn't go well!) as being trans. i thought i'd be hurt if my family wasn't cool with it, but i actually kind of just don't care at all. i guess that's the benefit of being a grown person, but even still. like my mom told me i was "hosed in the head" and my kneejerk reaction was to be hurt, but then i sat on it for literally ten seconds and realized that i actually don't really care what her opinion is lol

Hey, congrats! Hopefully your shithead family will come around before too long, but good on you for letting it fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gravid Topiary posted:

tonight i got invited to go on a "queer float"(??) next month, floating downstream on air mattresses and inner tubes on calgary's bow river with a pack of lesbians and all their friends :coal:

also outed myself on accident to some of my straight relatives but they didn't seem to care

Sounds like a terrible float but a good time. Bring beer.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
They nearly did another season of Xena a few years back and according to Lucy Lawless it was going to be gay as all hell and I'm sorry that it didn't get picked up.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

Hercules also had a lot of young girls and boys hoping this was the episode where they kiss, but unlike Xena it's now tainted by its lead being a chud.

Sorbo wasn't as bad before he got brain damage.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gravid Topiary posted:

today i started suavely texting her and talking about gardening and fanfics, and i talked about me not knowing anything about Xena and needing some education, and hoorah she's excited to watch them with me! :smug:

Smoother than Lando Calrissian in a ruffled silk shirt.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

actually with all the hosed up laws this year does this mean kink at pride is illegal in like tennessee and florida

Unless you're the Tennessee Lt. Gov. Then ogling hot twinks is fine but nothing else.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

yellowD posted:

this past weekend was my first time ever at pride and it was so incredible and revelatory. I wish it wouldn't have taken 40 years

That's ok. You can go for the next 40.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shiroc posted:

I genderfucked the binary today (went to the manga store to buy yuri with my face all hosed up from electrolysis and hair growth visible around my n95)

Everyone I know who has done electrolysis has described it as torture so you are braver than the troops

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shiroc posted:

White trans people have achieved everything already, we got a Montana House Rep who isn't allowed in the room.

We have one that I know of, Leigh Finke. She helped pass Trans protection legislation and legal weed last session so she's good.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I got an e-mail from Amazon that said "Celebrate Pride with a free LGBTQIA+ Kindle e-book! Click here to redeem." and I clicked there to see what they had because normally it makes my heart glad when people care enough/pay enough attention to make it all the way to the A, normally it means a lot to me actually, but something about the LGBTQIA+ content in question being a selection of free romance stories told me my letter might just be included by rote actually and they were not being thoughtfully inclusive at all!

Unless the A was for Amazon, I was right, and I am still a little mad about it.

I would totally have read an asexual romance novel.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I've just promised myself that the next person to even edge into the lightest lib-poo poo "just asking questions" Transphobia is going to be treated the same way I treat Nazis. It's how I keep sane.

And kids aren't nearly as Transphobic as older people are. People 20 and under think that Transphobes are batshit nuts.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lux Anima posted:

Even outside the lens of sexuality, a lot of people go through life seeking out love from others without ever learning how to love themselves :unsmith:

This doesn't resemble me in any way, I don't know why you would bring it up.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Probably well known around these parts but the comic Alex + Ada is worth checking out.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

tokin opposition posted:

Legit feeling down today about the latest Elon musk thing. I'm so loving tired of these weirdos being everywhere

A bunch of early-20's Trans kids took over the old industrial dance club that I used to work at and I went down a couple weeks back and it made me feel good to see a place that I found a bunch of love and acceptance become that place again for a whole new generation. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gaylor Moon posted:

Hey wow; it turns out rightwing groups can just accuse anyone of being a groomer and genital mutilator with no proof or facts!

Megan is slapping them back with a defamation suit and I hope she kicks these creep's asses into the ground.

idk if she'll get far with this because she's an elected official and the laws on defamation are different for them but best of luck to her.